Character Romance Discussion

+
I think romance should be important part of the game but it should not take over the plot.. There should be more than a few romance options and each of them should be distinctively different. (personality, behavior, motives and quest lines etc) Mass Effect games had terrible romance subplots (flirt-flirt-flirt-exchange words-you are about the finish the game-than boom, sex-now you are dating... wait what?) Since when people wait for critical moments and suicide missions to have sex? :D All jokes aside, game doesn't even have to include sex (i mean original cyberpunk does and it would be nice but it doesn't really matter) Whats important is both companion relationships and romance options should be effected by your actions. relationships, romantic or not, should be meaningful. You should be able to change their minds when it comes down to it. You should ultimately be able to effect their personalities and their state of mind. (both dragon age and fallout new vegas did this really well) There should be companion quests where you can make your companion trust you. (and your actions should worth something)

Oh man, I'd love romance. I just found out about Cyberpunk 2077 like two days ago so I have no idea if this option will be implemented in the game or not... but I'd really, really love it. Ugh, I am such a girl, durr.

(Psst... please have robots/androids be romanceable. 8D)

That was sarcasm, right?

I don't think so. I think it's sweet.

I wouldn't mind some romance done bioware-style. Good times with my comrades, everyone a love interest, fun but not explicit cut scenes. That's the way to do it.

I don't think so. I think it's sweet.

I wouldn't mind some romance done bioware-style. Good times with my comrades, everyone a love interest, fun but not explicit cut scenes. That's the way to do it.

But that was sarcasm...r-r-r-r-riiight?

Oh god I hope so.

Although I'm sure there are people who utterly support such ideas. And more power to them.

Just not in my Dark Future, please.

I think you are confusing cyborgs with robots...

That's most likely true but, now that you guys mentioned it, does Cyberpunk even have robots? I imagine even if there was robots in Cyberpunk universe people there would take them apart and use the parts on themselves :D

Accidental doublepost.. let me put these here: View attachment 702

this two could be involved.. :D

Attachments

• 053112_cyberpunk_rpg.jpg
    053112_cyberpunk_rpg.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 36
I'd like to see a few recurring characters you can romance, and for the romances to be explored indepth and not just shallow, 'let's hook up and now here's a sex card' like you get in The Witcher. I mean, still include the option for random, shallow sexual encounters with characters, but also have a few BioWare quality romances in the game.

Also, there should be gay and lesbian romances as well as straight. And female characters (assuming you can make a female character) shouldn't get screwed over when it comes to random sex options. I've noticed in RPGs, there's a tendancy to add a lot of female NPCs that a male PC can flirt with/romance, but there's only ever one or two male NPCs for a female PC to get with. I hope CD Projekt avoids doing that. There needs to be equal opportunity romance and sex.

I'd welcome it as an option. Romance options can, if handled right, be a powerful motivating factor. Plus I want this game to be as immersive as possible and romance can add to that after all it is a huge part of real life so why not have it at least be an option. Obviously if implementing it has a detremental effect on the story forget it.

Top Bottom