Characters/Organizations from the books in the game?.... Alt in the trailer...

+
...ha. Had to do a double-take, and make sure it wasn't my wife posting. XD

(She uses the alias Spider Jerusalem on some social media sites / forums.)

Yeah, John Silverhand is canon, alright...but not in 2020. Dunno about 2077, though. Going to be a lot of interesting changes...

I would guess we might still get to see the net ghosts of Alt and Rache

Alt wasn't a ghost. Her raw consciousness was uploaded, ripped from her brain and then never restored because the links to her deck were disconnected and Johnny Silverhand removed her body, believing her dead. Rache should be flat-out dead. He didn't have access to Soulkiller and probably wouldn't have used it anyway. Rache was a guy who lived most of his life in the 'Net, but in a weird way valued his humanity. He also had talked to/worked with Alt after her own experience and probably would have been dissuaded from using it. Besides, by the time he realized that he might not be invincible, he was an ice cube with a brain working at about the equivalent of 2400bps. It took minutes to upload Kei Arasaka's brain in 2022; there's no way Rache could have completed an upload in that condition.

Much as I love Rache's style, sometimes you have to let go.

Yeah your right. I have to say v3 really killed my jones for cyberpunk. I haven't revisited the books in a while. (I am now of course ). Well Spider Murphy is still around right ? I'm pretty sure Santiago and his family are still around right? I could see some DLC outside of night city with the Nomads.

Other Genre characters it would be cool to see in here, or rather analogs if need be: I second Spider Jerusalem , Hiro Protaganist, YT, Rick Deckard & Roy Batty.
I'm sure someone will come up with ones that sound more awesome.

I dunno... Fifty-plus years means a lot of people will have slipped by, burned out, or went bad. Morgan is probably gone, killed in the blast that closed the Fourth Corporate War. Santiago's descendants are probably roving around, but I doubt Santiago is with them anywhere outside of story time. Spider might be a grandmother as she always had a knack for survival, knowing when to lay low and getting very good at covering her tracks. Depending on how the post-CP2020 storyline merges into CP2077, she might even have gone legit. She was one of the more stable voices of reason among Edgerunners and could have found a way. She is apparently mentioned in 203X, but like you, I'm not fond of that setting and didn't pay it much attention.

While I love the idea of cameos from old favorites I have to wonder how far they hope to take 2077.

If they don't intend a sequal then I'd say let the old favorite have their cameo or even be center stage.
If, on the other hand they hope to make a series of games (i.e. Witcher I, II, II, ...) then I'd say introduce some new characters just as memorable as the old and let them carry on the legacy.

Top Bottom