Choice of outfit for the wake - black, white and... yellow?

+
Choice of outfit for the wake - black, white and... yellow?

After meeting Yennefer at Kaer Trolde, she asks you to wear something in black and white for the wake/feast. She tells you that she already picked some clothes for you, but if we look at those clothes, there is actually something odd, but before that, let's take a look at the outcomes.

Apparently there are three possible outcomes depending on what you wear.

1. You picked something that doesn't suit you, her or the situation at all:

2. You picked something that isn't exactly black and white, though you are able to weasel out by making a compliment:

3. You picked something in black and white and it is suited for a wake/feast:

So for case #1 you can just pick whatever you have in mind or just naked, the whole outcome makes sense.

In case #2 you just didn't pick the right colours, yet it is still okay for the wake, though I wonder why Yennefer even bothered to put it in the chest for you anyway, if it doesn't really suit her in the first place, but it's still fine, because you still manage to make a compliment to her, what she likes.

But in case #3 I have to wonder what is going on. If you pick the nilfgaardian clothes, they are always fine, because they are always black and white, so no problem at all with that, but she picked this outfit for you:

Yes, it has black and white, but it also has a quite bright yellow cord along the whole clothing, which is a bit odd.

A mod could probably fix that easily, but wouldn't be better to fix this in general? Just make the yellow cord white and it is correct.

In my first playthrough I didn't even try to wear this one, even though it is correct as you can see above, because the yellow cord was irritating me.

I have to correct myself, she says:
I shall wear black and white for the feast. I count on you to don something complimentary. Something that doesn’t reek of a thousand hunts.

Which it is, though would make sense if one outfit would at least fit her demand, considering she layed them out.

ajiehb

Forum veteran
Considering it's national Skelige clothes it could be that they don't have just black and white. The best she can find is this black yellow one?

Yeah, but I can't remember having seen anybody else with those clothes, so it looks like they were made especially for this event, that's why I wonder why they look this way.

Top Bottom