Choices matters ?

+
Sorry but it really isn't a matter of choice. I am lucky and have a good gaming PC so i'm not effected. But it's a fact that many if not most doesn't have the luxury to afford a PC.
They cannot afford PC, but they can game console and games for around £50-60 each ?
That's too expensive even for me.
Post automatically merged:

It is really interesting thing though. I've played Mass Effect Trilogy two times and everytime I made the same choices. I guess it's all about thinking "I could make different choice". Feeling that you have other choices.
Fully modded my friend with completely different ending. 3 colours never worked for me same as 4 dialogue lines in CP2077 will probably not work for me too.

Some time ago Keanu Reeves mentioned that he loves his character so much that he asked CDPR to double his dialogue lines in the game. Maybe that was the reason ?

So bad ?

Short answer - yes. It's bad.

They cannot afford PC, but they can game console and games for around £50-60 each ?
That's too expensive even for me.

Fully modded my friend with completely different ending. 3 colours never worked for me same as 4 dialogue lines in CP2077 will probably not work for me too.
This is a lot deeper discussion than what I care to dive into. But regardless the reason why half of the gaming community has consoles instead of PCs, mods are not an answer in fixing games.

I just want to say that I feel it is too linear. I was sold on a game that would have at least a modicum level of interactivity. I didn't get that at all. It is in truth, a comic failure but something I have to hold on to in order to see where it goes. Something like not being able to take my eyes off of a train wreck in progress.

This is a lot deeper discussion than what I care to dive into. But regardless the reason why half of the gaming community has consoles instead of PCs, mods are not an answer in fixing games.
Sometimes this is the only way. I would like to live in perfect world where games on release date are 100% bug free with all the options included to make everyone happy, but... As i said, I'am playing on PC because i want to have a choice.

Sometimes this is the only way. I would like to live in perfect world where games on release date are 100% bug free with all the options included to make everyone happy, but... As i said, I'am playing on PC because i want to have a choice.
And we want CDPR to fix their game so everyone can have a choice.

Is it true that 98% of choices we made have absolutely no impact on the story and they only changes the next line of dialogue and that’s it ?
Same with the endings - are they entirely decided by one set of dialogues during the final mission ?

This is RPG ?
There is a point in the game where choosing certain speech line leads to one of 6 endings.
Also certain speech lines activate secret quests so.. theres that.

For me it's the ending that kills all replayability. This is a story i'm fine experiencing once, have no desire going through the same emotional rollercoasted just to be left in the deepest of lows.

If that the reaction that it gave you, then it's a great ending.

Endings aren't supposed to be happy.

If that the reaction that it gave you, then it's a great ending.

Endings aren't supposed to be happy.
They are in a game that is suppose to have replayability.
Edit: Let me reiterate, the issue is not that it's not a happy ending. The issue is it's not a satisfying ending.

I mean... Stopping Arasaka? Too hard, can't do? Why not when you have the Johnny character? The lack of different ending scenarios and variation parts (the phone a friend here because we can't be bothered figuring out who should contact you thing) is disappointing.

There are very few rpgs where choices matter. Most rpgs I've played are very linear, in fact. You get dialogue choices for flavor but the game steers you through the narrative until you get to major plot points, and ultimately an ending. A lot of rpgs have different outcomes for the ending, depending on choices you made throughout the game, but it's usually just a different cutscene with no post game.

My point is a linear story doesn't mean the game isn't an rpg. Every Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, and many other popular rpgs had very linear stories. Even Skyrim's main questline was linear. You had to kill Alduin. It was that simple. Choices you made throughout the rest of the game (such as killing Paarthurnax or letting him live) literally had no impact on the end of the main questline. Those choices usually had very simple outcomes, like whether the Blades would allow you to keep doing radiant quests for them.

People got way too hyped for Cyberpunk and expected a virtual reality.

There are very few rpgs where choices matter. Most rpgs I've played are very linear, in fact. You get dialogue choices for flavor but the game steers you through the narrative until you get to major plot points, and ultimately an ending. A lot of rpgs have different outcomes for the ending, depending on choices you made throughout the game, but it's usually just a different cutscene with no post game.

No, no, no... Real RPGs have dealings, affairs, romances and interesting NPC behaviours. It doesn't matter like you say about the story in so far as much as there are going to be a set list of endings but real RPGs have elements that persist as additional themes though the whole game.

Nothing, nothing can be achieved trying to interact with these NPCs except for some vary rare, one-shot sequences.

The "phone a friend here" thing was just insulting on top of it all.

Unfortunately it's true. Even the big choice with your ending, doesn't really change anything expect some window dressing, one character is replaced by another character saying just about the same thing, and maybe if you choose right the background changes a bit, but it's all pretty much saying the same thing, regardless of what you choose.

Lifepath means nothing. The "difference" is maybe a couple yellow lines are changed to make it easier to get a specific result, but is hardly required. Side quests 9 times out of 10 will only change a two line comment in the credits. Only two side quests potentially change any of the endings at all.

Gigs are there to make money, and nothing more.

As to replayability... A good story is vital for this but its not everything. I don't want the quests to be about loot collection, I want them to be about additional plot. With no reactions to my decisions, it boils down to a looter-shooter. If I want to play a game about loot, I'd play Diablo. This is a different style of game and not the one advertised. We need more NPC interaction.

I want to play the game again but its not happening for me right now, I'm recovering from the disappointment.

I think they can probably hit two birds with one stone if they make parlours (clothing, hair, nails, cyberware) with "wizards" to guide you through producing custom goods... "I'd like that top in blue, please". Making this an interaction with the sales personnel with some animations would greatly improve the game.

These "outlets" are one of the few ways we can interact. They should be a much more prominent feature. Whisking us away to a purely iconographic list view is droll.

Last edited:
You could basically pick what ending you like and then do nothing in the game apart from the missions involved to unlock that and your done, possibly sub 20h, dialogue etc doesn't matter, only thing that matters is associated quest complete.

Do i do that?? No, my first playthrough basically showed me what the game was and i finished it in about 49h leaving alot of side content for other playthroughs as i knew nothing mattered in terms of dialogue or even refusing a mission as the world doesnt move forward if V doesn't, refused missions are just a phone call away from saying awlright i changed my mind, the npc do nothing without V's consent.

It's a shame to say the least, if you refuse to help Panam you should be locked out of everything to do with that content or even better have Panam go ahead with her mission and your notified of either a success thnxz for nothing bye or failure Panam died, instead all we get is a npc with there head up there arse forever waiting on V.

In a city advertised alive an constantly on the go it a crying shame nothing happens without the players say so

basically you choose the V you want for the story, but the story is stays the same for most of the game. only real outcomes i got were all from other characters V partners up or does a personal gig mission for them (someone who called V up)

The lifepath system is very underwhelming in general. But the others have summed up it best, that the choices don't have a great as impact as they advertised it as.

Choices do matter. In different circumstances it can 1. End the missions entirely 2. Have a client block you for any future missions 3. The way you approach missions can give you bonus' 4. Doing specific things can have you earn Johnny's respect.

Top Bottom