Collecting questions for an upcoming Dev Spotlight feat. Damien Monnier

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. One of the recent articles mentioned how dangerous it was to get off the main road, that you quickly encounter enemies that will one shot you. How do you ecourage players to explore the world from the very beginning? How do you keep from funneling them down a linear path? i.e. how do determine how firm of a grip you have on the player in this open world? Is there a metroidvania aspect of the game?

2. Can we remap keys on the ps4, specifically adding/mapping double-presses for rolls or vaulting and the like?

I'm also curious, mentioned above in another question, about you playing on the ps4.

Question about the combat- how does fighting with your fists work exactly? can you kill people, knock them out maybe like a finishing move?, is it possible to get into tavern fights, is it possible to go up to some civilians and kill them, and or guards in the city. Sorry if this is too much. Also I've seen this asked and I would really like it to be answered so I'll ask again, can you make enemies surrender, or have them be on the ground but not dead, I know they can crawl away, but can you kill them on the ground maybe?

---------- Updated at 03:45 AM ----------

Also will we be able to use other weapons besides swords, I know you can't pick up weapons, but would it be possible to buy them? I know in the witcher 1 and 2 you could but they weren't very good. I'm fine with swords though, best weapon in my opinion but the option would be nice. :)

Last edited:
Wow seriously!? Nice!!
Thanks Kinley.

1- What do you think about not using Health Bars in a game as The Withcer 3?? Some games have certain visual coding to convey you're about to die, like the screen going a bit black and white and a few other things, what's your opinion on that? I know you can't be sure if you're about to kill a monster, but that's kind of what it would be closer to reality, right?

.. I only thought of this one right now, tomorrow I'll try to figure some other questions.
I think we will have the option for clean screen and playing like that will be kinda neat, like it was back in the 80's and early 90's. Just hit the shit out of it until it's dead and try staying alive. This game is going to be crazy! :)

Will there be any safe house for Geralt?
Will an upgraded armour look different from its previous version?

Two questions from me

1. Is there element of stealth in combat ? and if so can we do some special attacks to unsuspecting enemies like a stealth finisher ?

2. How are you handling enemy respawning in game ? for example the player from GameStar Mag mentioned that he didn't noticed any respawning within his two days gameplay time so is it true that enemies don't respawn at all ? and if so does this mean visiting an old dangerous area means no challenge ?

EDIT:

@Kinley

Thanks in advance for the effort mate and thanks to Damien and CDPR for being kind and answering our questions.

EDIT2:

I hope you don't mind if I ask another one lol

3. Just how smart enemies get on higher difficulties ? can we expect fast but really punishing/frustrating combat like Dark Souls on higher difficulties where even one mistake result in a failure ?

Last edited:
What are the alternative use For quen and axi?

Are there level requirements to use armors and weapons?

One big issue i had with DA:I was that i felt more like a cobbler than a hero . I spent too much time on the crafting that it became tedious after a while, so ive had a bit of a burned out with crafting lately... So what did you guys do to not make the crafting too tedious?

First:
As we know it, Geralt horse Roach cannot die. Its very strange decision...
So, what happens if you start to fall off a cliff with horse or monsters attack him.
He will get knock out for some time or what?
Secound:
We heard that there is a loading between main land and Skallige, but before you say that there is no loading in game except fast travel and some areas related to the story.
So if I going to sail with a boat on the open sea between main land and Skallige, will I catch loading screen?
Third:
Can we destroy boat and how?

Planning to close the thread in a couple of hours, so get yours questions in while you still can. :)

KINLEY , damien monnier will respond all the questions or just the choose questions?And when will be the answers??

Eskerrik asko (thank you in basque)

KINLEY , damien monnier will respond all the questions or just the choose questions?

Eskerrik asko (thank you in basque)

It's up to Damien which questions he answers and which he doesn't.

I just collect and present them to him. :)

Why you cut dice poker, why these minigame can't be with gwent in game for more diversity?
Arm wrestling is in the game?
What about gnomes? Why they aren't in the game? Or maybe there are? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom