Companions

+
Problem is it's so early in development and we all have our own visions for the game I suppose. For me, programming competent companion AI, especially in an open world environment is not only very hard to do, but it's not really worth the effort in this case. The focus should be on us, the loner, with tenuous alliances maybe, but nothing so permanent as a gang of friends tagging along to help us. If I want to play a true party-based game I go find an old school infinity engine title or something by Bioware.

Mm. Shadowrun Returns. Torment. Wasteland 2. Going to be a good year for that.

See, the situation you describe, Wars, is exactly that a companion-script cannot duplicate: the intricacy and dynamism of group relations. It is, ironically, why I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of MP Co-Op in the game, because I would like to experience that Cyberpunk paranoia and teamwork. I just cannot see the false-front affection of a Companion providing that.

And, I have to admit, I do appreciate the lonely isolation I feel staring out at this violent, rain-drenched city, my smartgun in my hand and the sound of the AV-4 that just dropped me off ascending back up and away from the Combat Zone, an illicit lab masquerading as a for-free hospital ahead of me.
Biotechnica using my little sister as a test subject for allergen research to their new high-alt fuel, huh? We'll just see about that...

See, a pet would work. I STILL miss Dogmeat from Fallout. What a great dog. Who occasionally ran in front of my SMG fire. Dumb dog.

the only companion that i want would be a dog. A pet can work.
I can already hear the complaints from PETA for the cruelty of cybernetically augmented pets in the game. I don't even know what's worse, making them weapons or... those 'perfect pets'. Remember, when I say "worse" it's a good thing for a dystopian setting.

See, a pet would work. I STILL miss Dogmeat from Fallout. What a great dog. Who occasionally ran in front of my SMG fire. Dumb dog.

Lets have both and make it optional, so if you don't like it you don't have to recruit any companions. :D

i can already hear the complaints from peta for the cruelty of cybernetically augmented pets in the game. I don't even know what's worse, making them weapons or... Those 'perfect pets'. Remember, when i say "worse" it's a good thing for a dystopian setting.

Stop cyber cruelty! :D

Would be nice if the player has the choice if he wants companions or not. And yes Cyberpets would be awesome companions :D

Actually i think they are called "Bioforms", I remember reading it from "Cyberpunk core rules" (it was v3 i imagine) Bioforms are a type of animal companions, they are very loyal, and they are optimized for tasks like guarding, defending, companionship, even for amusement and entertainment.. Can't remember if it required a special skill though.. :D They are made not to look like real animals (so they can't fool anybody by mixing in with other animals)

And i think there were human like bioforms called "Helpers" they clean up stuff, sing and perform, used as servants (but they can't really fight, you can use them in you lair or safe house).. It would be nice to have Bioforms! :D

Actually i think they are called "Bioforms", I remember reading it from "Cyberpunk core rules" (it was v3 i imagine) Bioforms are a type of animal companions, they are very loyal, and they are optimized for tasks like guarding, defending, companionship, even for amusement and entertainment.. Can't remember if it required a special skill though.. :D They are made not to look like real animals (so they can't fool anybody by mixing in with other animals)

And i think there were human like bioforms called "Helpers" they clean up stuff, sing and perform, used as servants (but they can't really fight, you can use them in you lair or safe house).. It would be nice to have Bioforms! :D

Ah... v3 is NOT Cyberpunk 2020, and if they could absolutely avoid everything about it I would be very happy. In cyberpunk, the are called pets, or if you have them augmented, cyber pets... if you have something wicked augmented, say a tiger... it becomes a Cyberpred...

Now please, never mention V3 or anything from it again mate :p

Ah... v3 is NOT Cyberpunk 2020, and if they could absolutely avoid everything about it I would be very happy. In cyberpunk, the are called pets, or if you have them augmented, cyber pets... if you have something wicked augmented, say a tiger... it becomes a Cyberpred...

Now please, never mention V3 or anything from it again mate :p

Cyberpunk 2077 is not 2020 either. I agree most things in v3 are terrible (and terribly stupid), but there are some (very few) good things in it and some of them could make nice additions to the game.. ( I also dislike v3, i really do, but we can take few good and useful things about it) (i played both 1990's version, which made me love Cyberpunk as a child, and 2005 version, which made me throw it out from the window) i just can't remember how pets handled in 2020.. But v3, i unfortunately remember..

Sounds like Torchlight:2077.

[brief tangent]

I liked the idea of spinners from CyberGen. Frictionless magnetic bearings, keeping the rotors in place. Brilliant.

[/tangent]

[brief tangent]

I liked the idea of spinners from CyberGen. Frictionless magnetic bearings, keeping the rotors in place. Brilliant.

[/tangent]

There was lots of stuff in Cybegen that worked... some better than others... but really the only thing that didn't work at all for cyberpunk was the super power nonsense... which unfortunately happenned to be the focus of the game...

Most of the tech though fits in pretty well, even the more gonzo stuff, like Hoverboards.... because who the fuck doesn't want a hoverboard...

There was lots of stuff in Cybegen that worked... some better than others... but really the only thing that didn't work at all for cyberpunk was the super power nonsense... which unfortunately happenned to be the focus of the game...

Most of the tech though fits in pretty well, even the more gonzo stuff, like Hoverboards.... because who the fuck doesn't want a hoverboard...

That's what i keep saying.. It's not all bad.. There are some really good stuff in Cybergen. (Some parts are better than others i guess) Take the good stuff and put it in 2077, and leave the bad stuff behind..

That's what i keep saying.. It's not all bad.. There are some really good stuff in Cybergen. (Some parts are better than others i guess) Take the good stuff and put it in 2077, and leave the bad stuff behind..

Cybergen had good stuff.

V3... really did not... and, eny mention of anything in V3 as being good, may give someone the idea that V3 is worth looking into... we wish to save them that heartbreak, as well as saving ourselves the heart break of anyone in charge taking it as encouragement to support v3.

Cybergen had good stuff.

V3... really did not... and, eny mention of anything in V3 as being good, may give someone the idea that V3 is worth looking into... we wish to save them that heartbreak, as well as saving ourselves the heart break of anyone in charge taking it as encouragement to support v3.

Wait, i never said V3 was good, it was mostly terrible.. And i always thought V3 and Cybergen was very similar... (I only read V3 once and i remember only a few things about it.. So, i might be wrong.) In V3 i remember liking pet classes.. (In V3 pets are named as companions, i'm not sure if it's same or worse from the ones before that) a friend of mine send me the pet classes in V3:

"• Tools are unarmed and perform VERY precise types of functions. A tool could be a snake that functions as a lock. Or a creature with razor sharp talons that opens cans. Or a creature that can drink seawater and excrete concentrated gold. A tool does one thing very well, and nothing else—it's usually not very smart or aggressive.

• Helpers are unarmed bioforms which perform unspecialized servant tasks for their people. They fetch and carry, spy and report, deliver messages, sing or perform, clean up stuff, watch stuff, raise alarms, do simple tasks. Helpers have no inbred combat abilities—they aren't even good at protecting themselves. Helpers are among the smartest Companions though—some are even smart enough to act as nannies and servants.

• Protectors are well-armed defenders of their personal people. They have acute senses, are hard to kill, and have powerful physical attacks. A guard Doberman would be a good example of a protector—a killer whale could be another. A T-Rex would be still another. Protectors are very mono-directed—they can fight and defend, but that's about all. If you want some-thing to deliver a message or fold your laundry, a Protector isn’t going to be it."

Other than that i got nothing.. All i meant to say was, lets take whats good from bad Cyberpunk books and use them.. :D

Top Bottom