Compilation of bugs from my two consecutive playthroughs with Patch 1.6 - PC

+
Hi,

Finished Cyberpunk for the first time last month in September with Patch 1.6. Having been impressed, I started a second playthrough not long after.

Happy to report that the vast majority of the game is stable and bug free, but on both playthroughs, I encountered the same bugs/glitches in several places.

I understand that bugs can often occur due to hiccups/flukes in the engine, user errors, faulty installation, PC/Console specs, (etc.), which is why I'm focusing exclusively on bugs that I encountered on both playthroughs, and only if I was able to reproduce them multiple times even after reloading a save file.

I am not using any mods. Game is as vanilla as it gets.
Specs:
Windows 11
Ryzen 7 5600X
RTX 3060
16 GB RAM

Quests

Search and Destroy

- During the scene in which Arasaka attacks the motel, Takemura's animation does not function. He stands in one place in an Idle pose (not T-pose, just Idle).

Psycho Killer
- While you're turning in the quest at Regina, V's voice lines (both male and female) will not play. No subtitles either. The scene just skips V's lines. Same goes for the dialogue options asking for progress on the research.

Big in Japan
- Dennis's last line "May this blade serve you well" still has placeholder voice acting.

Down on the Street
- The position of the device Wakako holds in her hand is bugged. Sometimes even flies around her.

Chippin' In
- Once the scene at the oil fields is done, the music will not stop playing. This continues on for quite a while and prevents radio songs from playing. Music only stops once another music triggers, whether via a gig or a scene.

Hippocratic Oath
- Similar to Chippin' In, music does not stop once the gig is completed.

Pyramid Song
- Once you tell Judy you'll out and turn on the generators, she will tell you to be careful. After that, a subtitle "Evelyn: You know I will." is shown, but there's no sound.

Other
- David's Jacket clips through inner torso clothing that has long sleeves. Clipping occurs on both arms.
- A lot of users, myself included, experience drastic FPS drops when entering/exiting interfaces such as the mini map, inventory, and so on. This seems to be related to the Cascaded Shadows Resolution graphical setting. Turning it down to Low resolves FPS drops when exiting interfaces but not when entering interfaces.
- The bed in the Nomad Camp is still... odd. Sometimes you cannot sleep, sometimes you can. I was unable to figure out under which circumstances it breaks, but it's a well-known bug.

May not be bugs
Quests

Talkin' 'Bout A Revolution
- On both of my playthrough, eating the breakfast left by Judy did not result in the Optional objective being completed. It is possible that I accidentally took the food into my inventory instead of eating it.
Other
- Oda's boss fight AI is worth looking into. His behavior (and subsequently Takemura's lines) can be strange if you use Sandevistan or Cyberhacks during the fight, and he can do everything from standing in one place to dying prematurely.

Big in Japan
- Dennis's last line "May this blade serve you well" still has placeholder voice acting.

It's weird that this has gone unaddressed for so long, I'm convinced it's supposed to be a Devil May Cry reference; the Scalpel katana could be a homage to the Yamato sword, though its appearance changes from game to game, it tends to use light blue somewhere in its colour scheme. Dennis' voice in that last line also seems to resemble Vergil's. I'd love to hear from a dev if it's intended or not regardless, seems a bit weird to be left in a game for nearly two years.

- On both of my playthrough, eating the breakfast left by Judy did not result in the Optional objective being completed. It is possible that I accidentally took the food into my inventory instead of eating it.

Been happening to me on Series X since the next-gen/1.5 update too, I always eat the food.

- The bed in the Nomad Camp is still... odd. Sometimes you cannot sleep, sometimes you can. I was unable to figure out under which circumstances it breaks, but it's a well-known bug.
Not a bug, in theory you are able to sleep in the camp only each 3 in-game days (it was confirmed by the support that it was intended).
Dennis' voice in that last line also seems to resemble Vergil's. I'd love to hear from a dev if it's intended or not regardless, seems a bit weird to be left in a game for nearly two years.
Weird if it's intended, because in French, it's the same voice (there is no difference with the last dialogue line).
So if I have to bet, the "english" voice actor who recorded the whole dialogue for Denis, "forgot" the very last one. Then CDPR took a "random" dude to register this dialogue line.

Search and Destroy
- During the scene in which Arasaka attacks the motel, Takemura's animation does not function. He stands in one place in an Idle pose (not T-pose, just Idle).
Can confirm. Did this job 2 days ago with the same anomaly.
Psycho Killer
- While you're turning in the quest at Regina, V's voice lines (both male and female) will not play. No subtitles either. The scene just skips V's lines. Same goes for the dialogue options asking for progress on the research.
Can confirm. Experience this ever since 1.5.
Big in Japan
Can confirm. Experience this ever since 1.3 if remembering correctly.
Chippin' In
- Once the scene at the oil fields is done, the music will not stop playing. This continues on for quite a while and prevents radio songs from playing. Music only stops once another music triggers, whether via a gig or a scene.
Can confirm. Did this gig yesterday with the same results. A game save restart does not remedy it either where other issues usually do.
Hippocratic Oath
- Similar to Chippin' In, music does not stop once the gig is completed.
Can confirm.
Not a bug, in theory you are able to sleep in the camp only each 3 in-game days (it was confirmed by the support that it was intended).
Good to know. Thanks. Though, find it strange as to what reason Cyberpunk lore says that you can only sleep there once every 3 days. I mean, doesn't V themselves decide where they sleep? What kind of force is denying them to sleep with their lover every day in her camp? And what force is denying V to take a shower there as well?
Can confirm. Experience this ever since 1.5. V eats it, but the option remains.

Since there are no mods involved, you should consider to forward all these to
Support. Know however that in order to raise the chance for these to be addressed, it's needed to file them in, each in their own bug-report.

So if I have to bet, the "english" voice actor who recorded the whole dialogue for Denis, "forgot" the very last one. Then CDPR took a "random" dude to register this dialogue line.

Yup, or the director forgot, or the script supervisor forgot (if they had one), or the techy in the recording studio made a mistake, or the hardware/software caused an error, or a dev did something by accident, etc., etc., etc. Probably just an unfortunate accident in production and this was the best they could do.

Accidents happen. Would be nice if they could just ask the voice actor to record that line at home and send the file over to them lol.
Post automatically merged:

Search and Destroy

Yeah this one is super common and I got it too. Definitely report it! I got the impression from CDPR that they weren't fully aware of it.

Re: David's jacket, they're definitely aware of that I think.

Yup, or the director forgot, or the script supervisor forgot (if they had one), or the techy in the recording studio made a mistake, or the hardware/software caused an error, or a dev did something by accident, etc., etc., etc. Probably just an unfortunate accident in production and this was the best they could do.
Accidents happen. Would be nice if they could just ask the voice actor to record that line at home and send the file over to them lol.
Yep sure, I don't point out especially the voice actor (I suppose he recorded everything which was on the script). But "someone" forgot this last line at some point :)
(Even a "badly" registered or low quality would be better than a "different" voice. Not sure in english, but in french, I think Denis is voiced by a voice actor who "give" his voice in many movies, series,...)
Good to know. Thanks. Though, find it strange as to what reason Cyberpunk lore says that you can only sleep there once every 3 days. I mean, doesn't V themselves decide where they sleep? What kind of force is denying them to sleep with their lover every day in her camp? And what force is denying V to take a shower there as well?
Don't ask me why, nor the reason for, I don't have any idea :)
Just that the support answered something like : it work as intended, the bed in Nomad camp is only available each 3 days.

yabab

Forum regular
Out of more than 9 playthroughs, I've never been able to use the bed in the nomad camp, not once. I can use the mirror, the stash, even the wardrobe now... But never the bed.

Out of more than 9 playthroughs, I've never been able to use the bed in the nomad camp, not once. I can use the mirror, the stash, even the wardrobe now... But never the bed.
I guess you romanced Panam ? And only in the "new" camp (after The Queen Of The Highway).
(dumb question, but I was never able too, but only because I always romance Judy^^).

I guess you romanced Panam ? And only in the "new" camp (after The Queen Of The Highway).
(dumb question, but I was never able too, but only because I always romance Judy^^).
Did it all, male, female, romancing Panam, Judy, River...
Different lifepaths too. Just doesn't work... No action buttons pop up. On PC btw.

Did it all, male, female, romancing Panam, Judy, River...
Different lifepaths too. Just doesn't work... No action buttons pop up. On PC btw.
It's only available if you romanced Panam (so male V^^) and only after the conclusion of her quest line (after The Queen Of The Highway). So if you romanced someone else or female V, it's not available anyway (but beds are available for each LI, in my case, in Judy apartment).
If not, maybe a bug, which like always, need to be reported...
But for the OP, it's only available each 3 days, so sometimes it's available, sometimes it's not (if you slept in it less than 3 days ago).

It's only available if you romanced Panam (so male V^^) and only after the conclusion of her quest line (after The Queen Of The Highway). So if you romanced someone else or female V, it's not available anyway (but beds are available for each LI, in my case, in Judy apartment).
If not, maybe a bug, which like always, need to be reported...
But for the OP, it's only available each 3 days, so sometimes it's available, sometimes it's not (if you slept in it less than 3 days ago).
That doesn't make much sense to me. The Aldecaldos have clearly set up a tent for V, regardless of gender and romance option. Why only the bed is dependent on such conditions? Regardless of life path, you can join the Aldecaldos and by the end of the Queen of the Highway quest you're pretty much already invited to stay with them and join the group. This feels like a bug...

That doesn't make much sense to me. The Aldecaldos have clearly set up a tent for V, regardless of gender and romance option. Why only the bed is dependent on such conditions? Regardless of life path, you can join the Aldecaldos and by the end of the Queen of the Highway quest you're pretty much already invited to stay with them and join the group. This feels like a bug...
The beds (added in 1.5) are only available in "homes" of V's LI only if you romance them and after completing their quest line.
  • If you romance Judy > In her apartment, after Pyramid Song.
  • If you romance River > In Joss house, after Following The River.
  • If you romance Kerry > In Kerry's mansion, after Boat Drinks.
  • If you romance Panam > In Nomad camp, after the Queen Of The Highway.
In the 1.5 patch note :
  • Added interactions in the homes of love interests, including sleeping in bed with a given partner.
Seem weird to add a bug in the patch note, isn't it :)
But if you really think it's a bug, feel free to send a ticket to the support, but I see the answer coming from very far > "work as intended"...

1 more bug that hinders gameplay. Its shitty to drive in a vehicle in daylight outside Night City in the badlands. Can't see a thing with all that light blinding you.

Can't believe they STILL HAVE'NT fix that.

Wow, I'm both surprised and happy that my thread got this much response. Even happier that most of the issues were confirmed by others.

As for the Nomad bed -- I'm aware that it's only meant for V's who romance Panam, but it's still odd that this is the only bed with such a restriction. Judy's bed doesn't have the 3-day limit (assuming you're romancing her,) nor do the other beds. I get that it was intentional, but like yahab said, the 3-day limit feels like a bug.

I wanna add another bug to the list, but I wasn't able to confirm this with a second playthrough, so if anyone can verify this -- I'd appreciate it.

During Riders on the Storm, Panam offers you a choice of either driving with her to the Wraiths Camp or driving there by yourself. On my second playthrough I chose to drive there by myself, but when I got to the camp, Panam wasn't there. Her green dot was on the mini map, but neither she nor her vehicle were there. This makes it impossible to progress through the quest.

Btw, I'm new to this forum, so forgive the ignorant question -- but this is the right place to report bugs, correct? If I want to bring any of this stuff to the attention of the devs, is it enough to leave the post here, or should I submit a ticket or something similar?

Btw, I'm new to this forum, so forgive the ignorant question -- but this is the right place to report bugs, correct? If I want to bring any of this stuff to the attention of the devs, is it enough to leave the post here, or should I submit a ticket or something similar?
On the forum, it's "more" to share them with the community (to know if others encountered the same bugs, if there is a workaround,...)
To be sure that CDPR is aware about a bug, the 'best" and the only way to do it, it's to use the official website :
(and one bug per report, in case you were wondering^^)
I get that it was intentional, but like yahab said, the 3-day limit feels like a bug
It could feel like a bug, but since the support already confirmed that it was intended, I assume it's useless to report it again and not expect a "fix" :)

The beds (added in 1.5) are only available in "homes" of V's LI only if you romance them and after completing their quest line.
  • If you romance Judy > In her apartment, after Pyramid Song.
  • If you romance River > In Joss house, after Following The River.
  • If you romance Kerry > In Kerry's mansion, after Boat Drinks.
  • If you romance Panam > In Nomad camp, after the Queen Of The Highway.
In the 1.5 patch note :
  • Added interactions in the homes of love interests, including sleeping in bed with a given partner.
Seem weird to add a bug in the patch note, isn't it :)
But if you really think it's a bug, feel free to send a ticket to the support, but I see the answer coming from very far > "work as intended"...
My point is that either the bed is a bug or the rest is a bug. Doesn't make sense for you to be able to use Panam's things if you're not romancing her. It would be much simpler to assume the tent is V's and unlock the bed for use.

My point is that either the bed is a bug or the rest is a bug. Doesn't make sense for you to be able to use Panam's things if you're not romancing her. It would be much simpler to assume the tent is V's and unlock the bed for use.
It's just like that. When you sleep in the bed in LI's "house", your LI sleep with you. The character is not your LI, the bed is unavailable...
But like I said, feel free to send a report to the support. Me, I won't anyway ;)

It's just like that. When you sleep in the bed in LI's "house", your LI sleep with you. The character is not your LI, the bed is unavailable...
But like I said, feel free to send a report to the support. Me, I won't anyway ;)
How is that at all related to my last post? I got it, the bed is for LI's, but if I'm not romancing Panam I can just go through her stuff?

I'm having the same bug... whether I romanced Panam or not, the bed never unlocks for me. Everything else in the tent is usable, and there is even a shower in the camp. Literally the only thing I can't do there is sleep or pass time. It HAS to be a bug, every other bed in the game works fine. I've slept in Judy's bed plenty of times, but sleeping with Panam is impossible.

Top Bottom