Console loading times (XBox One)

+
It is because of the consoles processing power. I do not have an SSD but my loading times are just about 5 to 10 seconds when reloading after death. That is why I prefer to play games on the PC .

It's because the HDD in the PS4 and probably also the Xbone is pure dog shit compared to a top end one on PC. I had to suffer through the thing called Bloodborne on the PS4 and I pity my sister having to play Witcher 3 on it, even worse was that I had to pay 70 euros for a very inferior version on the console.

I partially agree with you on this, G3nome. Hardware does affect loading time, but the game also has its part of responsibility in this. As you stated, Bloodborne had long load times (40+ seconds) which was reduced with a patch.

I know an ssd would improve the speed but the console didn't ship with it, requiring an additional purchase which not everyone is willing to make.

I'm hoping an optimization of the code can improve everyone's gaming experience, ssd or not.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to make this additional purchase soon. Had to delete games just to be able to install witcher.

dude you already respond give me the right word with that comment

as for optimization goes they are focused on making consoles actually get 30fps (because ive seen some mayor framedrops) so optimization has little to do with loading times in this case

in conclusion

better hardware= short loading times
lower hardware = long loading times

so its the console that is slow loading no the game

You seem to be an expert on this subject, would you be able to enligned us on how they optimized Bloodborne's loading time on the same hardware?

Last edited:
You seem to be an expert on this subject, would you be able to enligned us on how they optimized Bloodborne's loading time on the same hardware?

By reloading less assets, Boodborne was probably reloading everything whenever it loaded. The thing is, this is a good way to fix bugs that might happen, when you start reloading small parts if some bug happens you'll have to restart the game to fix it. And now lets be honest even the "optimized" reload times of Bloodborne are pure horror compared to a proper PC nowadays so no matter what they do the hardware is just not up to it.

By reloading less assets, Boodborne was probably reloading everything whenever it loaded. The thing is, this is a good way to fix bugs that might happen, when you start reloading small parts if some bug happens you'll have to restart the game to fix it. And now lets be honest even the "optimized" reload times of Bloodborne are pure horror compared to a proper PC nowadays so no matter what they do the hardware is just not up to it.

Yeah, the load time in Bloodborne is still long, but at least they improved it. I hope CDPR will look into the issue. If there's nothing that can be done, well they can at least let the community know. And if there is, well that's a welcome improvement for everyone who's playing on consoles, and even on PC.

Everyone seems to ignore the fact that most of the assets loaded before and after death are the same so they shouldn't need to be loaded again. Reloading a save after death takes the same time as loading a new game entirely. Why, when one loads from scratch and the other has lots of assets already in memory? Ok, so harddrive speeds make a difference, but I can guarantee that it would be possible to speed this up a whole lot without changing hardware and from what I understand that is what this thread is about.

And this is a thread about console loading time, not "PC fanboy loading time". I think the console owners in this thread cares exactly zero about how fast your computer loads your games on RAID configs or SSD disks with tons of RAM.

Top Bottom