Could not start or update the game

+
Could not start or update the game

I've installed The Witcher Demo but I can not run the game. I can only start the launcher and after clicking on *start game* nothing happen. (no process starts at all)Trying to install the 1.2 Patch there is a message "The Witcher is not installed properly. Cannot be patched".It seems for me like a registry problem but I could'not find anything suspicious in my registry.To avoid some standard answers.- I'm running German XP SP2- My PC meets all requirements for the Game (Core2Duo, 7600GT in SLI mode, 2GB RAM)- I have updated .NET Framework and C++ Redistributable- I have no tools like Daemon installed- the drivers for mainboard and graphic are up to date- yes, I reinstalled the game many times into different folders and different HDD virtual drives, also to C:\Programm Files\The Witcher Demo- yes, I also downloaded the game demo several times and tried to install after that- I read a several topics describing similar problem and could not find an answer- also I tried to disable everything during the installation (firewall, anti-virus etc.)I think there must be a lot of people who had this problem and already solved it.I will appreciate if anybody will help me

Liemann said:
Could be a corrupt file.
which one? "- yes, I reinstalled the game many times into different folders and different HDD virtual drives, also to C:\Programm Files\The Witcher Demo- yes, I also downloaded the game demo several times and tried to install after that"

Try to start it with witcher.exe instead of the launcher and report if any error message !

Mobidoy said:
Try to start it with witcher.exe instead of the launcher and report if any error message !
I did it already bofore. Nothing happens. No process starts at all as I sad. It doesn't even try to load anything.

Try to download "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)" => vcredist_x86.exeThanks to SyndraGood luck!

Dikembe said:
Try to download "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)" => vcredist_x86.exeThanks to SyndraGood luck!
tnx a lotThe first problem is solved. I've updated the C++ Redistributable before (as I sad in the first post) but you have to uninstall it completely and then install it.The second problem is still there
Trying to install the 1.2 Patch there is a message "The Witcher is not installed properly. Cannot be patched".
does anybody knows what it might be?

Last time i have seen it, if i remember well, it was due to a corrupted download.Try to re download the patch from fileplanet

Top Bottom