Counter-Henselt deck

+
Counter-Henselt deck

What do you guys think about best deck to target and counter Henselt?

I reckon Greatswords are very good since big units are hard to manage with machines, but I am also considering some kind of throwback to the days of old school Control Speel'tael with bunch of thunders to disrupt the engine and leave him with bricked Hens.

Alchemy is fine as well as it is super strong deck with enough control to kill the machines, but I want to hear some other opinions.

Slave Robbers works pretty well.... can't pull off that R3 muster if there are no cards left to muster with = D

If you have the right removals at the right time and manage to brick the Fatass it's all good, but most of the time, combined with the patently obvious CF issue especially against him, you just lose and there's nothing you can do about it. One card that makes him even more unhealthy for the game as a whole is the bloody Winch. On par with the Elven Scouts right there.

Henselt have low tempo plays early so put high tempo to force him use Henselt in R1. Also his main plays will come from rams or balistas so avoid using 4 or low power and same power units.
Weathering the row as soon as ronvid pop can also help a lot in long rounds. I find playing vs Henselt very binary, either you have a counter deck (mass removal, high tempo...) or you can t do anything

Beernchips;n10662431 said:
Henselt have low tempo plays early so put high tempo to force him use Henselt in R1. Also his main plays will come from rams or balistas so avoid using 4 or low power and same power units.
Weathering the row as soon as ronvid pop can also help a lot in long rounds. I find playing vs Henselt very binary, either you have a counter deck (mass removal, high tempo...) or you can t do anything

That doesn't work if you're against Baron Henselt. Doesn't matter if they play fatboy in round 1, the endgame is Baron, boosted by killing as much stuff as possible with the Henselt play. Going big in round one just feeds into that game plan. I've easily boosted the baron to 25 and I'm pretty sure I could get him higher against the right decks.

iamthedave;n10662671 said:
That doesn't work if you're against Baron Henselt. Doesn't matter if they play fatboy in round 1, the endgame is Baron, boosted by killing as much stuff as possible with the Henselt play. Going big in round one just feeds into that game plan. I've easily boosted the baron to 25 and I'm pretty sure I could get him higher against the right decks.

Who plays Dragon Hens in 2k18 :D

I agree with you, high tempo will only get you Dun Banners out and if you play big units it will get you Scorch'd and than there is always Baron finisher or even Seltkirk finisher, 19 points is a lot.

Nova or something as a counter to Henselt doesn't work unless he doesn't draw a Baron since Baron is almost always bigger than Nova

SrdjanB;n10663441 said:
Who plays Dragon Hens in 2k18 :D

I agree with you, high tempo will only get you Dun Banners out and if you play big units it will get you Scorch'd and than there is always Baron finisher or even Seltkirk finisher, 19 points is a lot.

Nova or something as a counter to Henselt doesn't work unless he doesn't draw a Baron since Baron is almost always bigger than Nova

Is dragon henselt the proper name for the deck? I'm not sure if it's back in vogue or something but he seems popular in the net lists and several pros seem to be using him. I only started using him recently after running into him on ladder and he works pretty well.

And yes, Baron tends to be bigger/equal to Ciri Nova in this deck. I think my smallest ever was 19.

iamthedave;n10668311 said:
Is dragon henselt the proper name for the deck? I'm not sure if it's back in vogue or something but he seems popular in the net lists and several pros seem to be using him. I only started using him recently after running into him on ladder and he works pretty well.

And yes, Baron tends to be bigger/equal to Ciri Nova in this deck. I think my smallest ever was 19.

There was no official statement, but if I say the name of the deck and you get the general idea, it is more than functional :D

I don't like it, Villen can be messed with effectively, while Baron is invulnerable if you have last play which Henselt often does.

Top Bottom