Crashes after trying to load up

+
Since i bought and downloaded the new DLC it began. Everything works, its starting up normally, i can check settings etc. but as soon as I try to load any saving file or just press continue it goes for 3 seconds into loading screen and then crashes. I am starting the game over GOG everytime so i also tried the setting "repair" but it doesnt seem to help..

I am on PS5.. since the update 2.0 my saves crash the game. Also if I die I can't continue my game. I been losing hours every day I play. My first lost of time was 110 of hours. My second lost of hours was 30 hours. I probably have lost close to 200 hours on this bug. I have uninstalled the game 5 times. Yesterday I reset my PS5 along with deleting the game. It actually said I have corrupted data and they will fix it. Then of course my internet crashed with the cloud sync in progress.. so today I did the same thing. I hopeful this works.. the game has actually become unplayable for me because I am constantly losing hours of game play..

try deleting config flles from localappdata.

then game will create new configs
Didn't help sadly. I can start new games and stuff but not load anything
Post automatically merged:

I am on PS5.. since the update 2.0 my saves crash the game. Also if I die I can't continue my game. I been losing hours every day I play. My first lost of time was 110 of hours. My second lost of hours was 30 hours. I probably have lost close to 200 hours on this bug. I have uninstalled the game 5 times. Yesterday I reset my PS5 along with deleting the game. It actually said I have corrupted data and they will fix it. Then of course my internet crashed with the cloud sync in progress.. so today I did the same thing. I hopeful this works.. the game has actually become unplayable for me because I am constantly losing hours of game play..
I have no problem loading into the new savings. Started as Nomad to see if I could at least load a new game and it worked completely fine. I just cant load to my old savings... And I got a little bit too far to play everything again. Dont got the time for that
Post automatically merged:

So I guess I can't load anything what was saved before the update came out.

Last edited:
What i will suggest now is rollback to 1.63 version, load your save since it is not 2.0 save, play a bit, do a manual save.
Then install 2.0 and load that save again

tip : you can copy-paste 2.0 game folder somewhere else as backup, you will save data on reinstallation.

Update:: I started a new playthrough there has been no save crashes.. i believe it to be a bug of progressing your character from 1.63 to 2.0 .. there is has been to many changes with clothes guns and mods. To start a fresh playthrough was my last choice. I am closing on 2000 hours of game play in cyberpunk. My last character had about 900 hours . It sucks to restart your character. This was my last option before I stopped playing the game till the 2.1 patch update. Whenever that happens. So if you want to play cyberpunk 2.0 update with out crashes for now. Start a new character. Wish I had better news. Take care chooms

Going to quote myself here:

It seems they made impossible to launch the game without having GOG Galaxy running, if you have the DLC. The workaround from support is to "tell" the game you don't have the DLC :rolleyes:

1 - Go to: \Cyberpunk 2077\r6\publishing\x64
2 - Create a copy of the “GOG” subfolder next to the original one.
3 - Rename the copy of the “GOG” folder to “null”
4 - Go to: \Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64
5 - delete the "GameServicesGOG.dll"

After this, the game won't load any saves with PhL data, because supposedly it doesn't exist. Ridiculous. Just one of the many reasons I'm sticking to 1.63.
This is supposedly going to be fixed with patch 2.01

Last edited:
I've had the same issue since installing PL, but my workaround is to not use the Continue button because it crashes the game every time. I'm on a PC. Instead, I Load Game and it works fine.

Top Bottom