Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say. Sounds like they've already made a lot of compromises to tell 'the story we want to tell' as is. If I were still planning on buying the game I'd be keeping my expectations pretty low at this point, just to be safe.

It's pretty insane, Could you imagine in VTM:B if you want around and started casting blood boil in public and nothing would happen despite everyone telling you about the masquerade? Now, they could redeem it by making it impact the player in other ways other than getting rid of the cool shit like total body conversions (came at a heft humanity price) or other forms of augmentation.

Is stamina, as gameplay mechanic, confirmed?

I watched Jesse Cox podcast and he briefly mentioned, but I don't remember hearing it anywhere else.

This is according to Rawls' thread, Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQs

How will character progression work?
As V, you will have attributes which can be improved by leveling up or installing cyberware. These stats include Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and Cool. (2) There is no level scaling though according to Kyle Rowley. There will also be skills and perks. You will get Street Cred by completing side missions and jobs in the city. Street Cred is your repuation and will affect reactions and unlock quests and gear from NPCs. (3)

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/unofficial-cyberpunk-2077-faq.10970267/

Last edited:
Hi. Can we expect High Res Texture Pack (like in Watch Dogs 2) for super powerful PCs or just better verison of texture quality in-game settings?

I'm really worried about quality of textures. We all know about downgrades for stable work on ancient consoles and i don`t want to see past-gen on my SLI 1080.

Ditto x 10. PC Gamer here,with dual 1080Tis,hoping for great SLI support from CDPR like with Witcher 3. I want a game that really pushes PC hardware for those that have it. Screenshots from the demo,etc, seem to show we will get this,but I want to make sure CDPR knows it.

[Sard Edit: Yeah, not gonna have Downgrade stuff here, thanks]

Question?

Possible future,post launch VR Support ?

Last edited by a moderator:
How will character progression work?
As V, you will have attributes which can be improved by leveling up or installing cyberware. These stats include Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and Cool. (2) There is no level scaling though according to Kyle Rowley. There will also be skills and perks. You will get Street Cred by completing side missions and jobs in the city. Street Cred is your repuation and will affect reactions and unlock quests and gear from NPCs. (3)

You can find more info at https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...reviews-thread.10970204/page-35#post-11019020 if your looking for some less frequently asked questions.

So since the game is still in Pre-Alpha, that does means there's still plenty of time to alter certain aspects that have currently been set, or include new options, right?

de shown demo was "pre alpha" meaning what was in it may change, the current build in the studio might be a full beta build they are testing and polishing for all we know (and i definitely do not know) the demo did not tell us about the current state of the game, just what was shown.

Why did you choose now to hype up the game again instead of waiting another year?
If the game is still pre-alpha and apparently still several years away from release, isn't it just needlessly dragging things out?
I know they aren't going to tell us, but this is my #1 annoyance for sure.

We obviously don't know how far out the game is, but not many companies actively start marketing their game with the knowledge that its several years away. Seems completely counterintuitive.

Why did you choose now to hype up the game again instead of waiting another year?
If the game is still pre-alpha and apparently still several years away from release, isn't it just needlessly dragging things out?

Ever heard expression "stuck between a rock and a hard place"?

After all the drama in last year/and half, they simply had to show something this year.

Or whole gaming "community" would throw around typical hyperboles ( and 99% of them are completely clueless on anything with game development).

And they didn't "hype it"...people who saw the demo simply posted their own impressions ( not CDPR's fault that it's turning out great :p).

I would say as far as visuals, they were actually holding it back ( to avoid promising something they can't, possibly, live up to).

They got a good morality boost, investors are more than happy, they finally started sharing information, and people will calm down about Third Person until release date is announced.

And crouch button is confirmed! ;)

Ever heard expression "stuck between a rock and a hard place"?

After all the drama in last year/and half, they simply had to show something this year.

Or whole gaming "community" would throw around typical hyperboles ( and 99% of them are completely clueless on anything with game development).

And they didn't "hype it"...people who saw the demo simply posted their own impressions ( not CDPR's fault that it's turning out great :p).

I would say as far as visuals, they were actually holding it back ( to avoid promising something they can't, possibly, live up to).

They got a good morality boost, investors are more than happy, they finally started sharing information, and people will calm down about Third Person until release date is announced.

And crouch button is confirmed! ;)

They didn't have to show anything, actually. Nothing would have happened to them if they didn't. They chose to, for reasons I don't understand now and will never understand because CDPR doesn't really communicate with us about such things.

I think it was a poor decision, thus I'm going to criticize it. Unfortunately, CDPR won't defend themselves for the reason I just mentioned, which is too bad because it'd be nice to have a dialogue with them about their reasoning.

My personal, probably completely incorrect and unwarranted, hope is that the game is under 2 years away internally, and they just don't want to share a release date until it's basically a sure thing.

Good about the crouch button. Watch Dogs-style, contextual crouching always irritated me. It's such a minor thing, why remove it from the player's control?

They started promoting TW3 2 years prior to release (granted 7 months of that was delays). That turned out pretty well.

They started promoting TW3 2 years prior to release (granted 7 months of that was delays). That turned out pretty well.

Let's not forget that Witcher 1 was announced five years before release and the first demo was shown at E3 2004 I think, so three years before actual game release and Witcher 2 was shown two years before release.

And let's not forget that with Cyberpunk they are not just making another game, like with The Witcher 2 and 3, right now they are building foundations for their next franchise that future Cyberpunk titles will be built upon, which definitely takes more time and requires a different approach to marketing.

Yeah, the delays are actually very relevant here. Because they expected the game to be ready in 1 year and 5 months, so under 2 years.

My hope was that they would just wait until the game was closer to being finished (<1.5-1.8 years) before doing a big reveal and marketing push.

I think the assumption that CDPR somehow needs 2-3 years of marketing to get the sales they want is completely unfounded. I know we all love them, but they aren't the first company to launch an exciting new IP, and they aren't the first company to launch an exciting new IP that uses groundbreaking technology.

They didn't have to show anything, actually. Nothing would have happened to them if they didn't. They chose to, for reasons I don't understand now and will never understand because CDPR doesn't really communicate with us about such things.

I think it was a poor decision, thus I'm going to criticize it. Unfortunately, CDPR won't defend themselves for the reason I just mentioned, which is too bad because it'd be nice to have a dialogue with them about their reasoning.

My personal, probably completely incorrect and unwarranted, hope is that the game is under 2 years away internally, and they just don't want to share a release date until it's basically a sure thing.

Good about the crouch button. Watch Dogs-style, contextual crouching always irritated me. It's such a minor thing, why remove it from the player's control?

You must have missed the part about "Glassdoor reviews", clickbaiting about project being in trouble ( some people leaving), Yongyeah "reports" etc.

Entire one more year of no news ( after almost 6 years of "formal" development) would be a nightmare for PR and cause pointless stress/distraction for the project.

Plus this was a good way to get some outside feedback on how the game is turning out, without exposing themselves to any ridicule/backlash if some aspects of the game still need to be refined/implemented.

Just take a look at epidemy of motion sickness that broke out recently, or some people constantly snarling here( NOT EVERYTHING PNP IS IN THE GAME! DUMBED DOWN! DUMBED DOWN!!...even though the mechanics seem drastically complex than anything from any classic crpg)

I'll repeat, 99% of gamers are completely clueless about game development and expect for developers to cater to their every whim.

Entire one more year of no news ( after almost 6 years of "formal" development) would be a nightmare for PR and cause pointless stress/distraction for the project.
Fair enough, this is a good point.

I guess the question now is, do they just happen to be closer to release than we think (<2 years), or is it truly going to be several years-long marketing campaign (2-4), and this reveal was just to save their hide?

Tough to say. Probably be easier to draw conclusions once we see gameplay for ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom