Cut content still in the game

+
Hold on. Let's all just take it easy

We're all fans here. There is no need to create division.
It could be broken. Could be flaws of other kinds. Could be cut content, annoying as it may be to you.

Point is, this product was marketed and hyped to the point where people like me believe it will surpass Witcher 3 / Skyrim / Fallout: New Vegas in all the avenues they're each praised for.
Hype doesn't come from marketing, hype comes from yourself.
I expected a Blade Runner-esque Deus Ex and I wasn't disappointed.
I've learned my hype-train lesson long time ago and I'm very suspicious when it comes to marketing material.
Now this might sound harsh, but going into a game like this with as a blank piece of paper is ALWAYS better.
Now it's barely able to justify its own existence. It doesn't even feel like a RPG. Just a scripted movie..
It feels like a scripted movie. But it isn't.
This is something you realise when you play the game another time, but different from the first time.
And saying that "it's barely able to justify its own existence" isn't constructive criticism in any way.
The metacritic user scores are not looking great either.
Metacritic is a cesspool of wannabe edgelords that think they know everything better than anyone else, I could not care less what the score is there.
I have a couple of magazines whose judgement I trust and they rarely let me down in finding games that are to my taste.
Threads like these are created because people want to see Cyberpunk 2077 succeed. Nothing more. Nothing less.
A LOT of these threads are made because people want to vent.
This is not exclusive to Cyberpunk - every damn game related official forum or subreddit is being overrun by locust haters that spew nothing but "this game sucks" and "the devs are complete morons" without even an ounce of reasonable explanation.
This also has gotten significantly worse over the last couple of years.

It's easy to understand there is cut cotent. Max level 50.
Max NPC level in city 36, that is way to big to not be cut content where is the high level area outside story missions or secret ending.

There is a second escape path that is accessible with double jump or increased jump cyberware in Konpeki Plaza. At the end it's closed unfortunately. Said legs augmentations are also necessary if one wants to retrieve Saburo Arasaka's datapad from the AV landing pad. Just after the cutscene where Jackie is injured, it's possible to jump back to the suite; the AV will be gone and the datapad (as well as Saburo's sword) will be floating mid-air were the vehicle used to be.

On the way down, instead of going again through the smashed window, if one jumps to that sort of greenhouse visible from the roof and then down a balcony below it is possible to access a maintenance room and a long emergency stair (that leads to nowhere). My impression is that route was meant for techie/netrunners to avoid the combat heavy zones in the lobby spaces below. How this was supposed to reconnect with Jackie's wounding is not known.

I'm not the only one to have found that escape route. There are videos of people who glitched back into Konpeki Plaza and found that route too.

Last edited:
The datapad in the AV was one of the biggest disappointments for me. They let you get to the roof, even have an optional mission to take out the guards and then you cannot click the glowy pad. Crushed all hopes of an alternative escape path and saving Jackie.

Remember when they spoiled Jackie's death in the 2018 trailer? And many of us thought that they only showed it, cause it's a possible outcome and not set in stone?

Then Keanu came onboard and it was all about Silverhand. Cannot have 2 BFFs for your protagonist, so Jackie has to die.

"greenhouses" (maybe zenhouse) are already present in the game there are 5-6 of them spread trought the map, you need a little search, one for example is in the corpo district.
edit: the creepy school thing is where you see the BD of the serial Killer

You don't need to go all the way out to find train stations.
Just ride the lift behind the two cops outside your apartment building, press 4f floor and you will see a small train station with npcs in it waiting but the train won't stop for them lol.
photomode_27012021_015548.png

Metacritic is a cesspool of wannabe edgelords that think they know everything better than anyone else, I could not care less what the score is there.
I have a couple of magazines whose judgement I trust and they rarely let me down in finding games that are to my taste.

It is certainly your freedom to disregard that user score. It is also other people's freedom to take that score into account and decide they may want to save their money. The thing still negatively impacts the company's reputation and impedes success, regardless of your attitude towards it.

A LOT of these threads are made because people want to vent.
This is not exclusive to Cyberpunk - every damn game related official forum or subreddit is being overrun by locust haters that spew nothing but "this game sucks" and "the devs are complete morons" without even an ounce of reasonable explanation.

Are you sure? I don't see these "locust haters" very often on forums like say, Fallout 4's or Skyrim's. More often you see people discussing new builds, which faction to choose, their unique playthroughs, new easter eggs, etc. And Fallout 4's only like, a moderately enjoyable game, not favorably rated either.

People should be discussing about builds and customizations over at the "Gameplay" section but they're not doing that. They're instead pointing out this game's severe lack of those. When a game's related cyberspace is filled with complaints, it shows that the product itself offers too little content to keep the "haters" busy. If Cyberpunk 2077 delivered as well as marketed, most people would by now be too busy playing it and figuring out all the fun stuffs to come venting. They're venting because there is currently very few worthy subjects to discuss about this game.

FO4 and Skyrim both seen plenty hate at launch, it died down as it always does when something new and shiney takes ppl's interest but if you look/read you can still hear it from the Voiced PC in FO4 to utter meaningless an pathetic questing in Skyrim an both being considered the worst releases of there franchises.

Dragon Age Origins, a game touted as one of the best RPG's was also hated on at launch because it wasnt what ppl were used to which was isometric BG or NVN.

Nigh every game has there haters tbh

I agree theses posts are annoying. Also, why do people care about the train stations so much. They are pointless given the abundance of fast travel locations. And even if you could ride them, it would be a loading screen essentially of you watching the views, which most of us would skip or be annoyed if we couldn't skip.
We can turn battle animation off in Pokemon. It doesn't invalidate the work done for the moves. Using and skipping the train animations would just be like. Skip ride in cars. We don't get an idea where lots of things are. Because we have no vertical view of the city. This would work better with the train. Not to mention. They could have made one mission take place on a train.

Guest 3847602

We can turn battle animation off in Pokemon. It doesn't invalidate the work done for the moves. Using and skipping the train animations would just be like. Skip ride in cars. We don't get an idea where lots of things are. Because we have no vertical view of the city. This would work better with the train. Not to mention. They could have made one mission take place on a train.
Watch Dogs 1 and Assassin's Creed Syndicate have trains. Utterly pointless in both games. Features that take too much time to program and implement relative to their usefulness get cut all the time.
Maybe they're going to decide to try to re-enable it once work on everything else is done, I don't know. I guarantee you, though, if it ever gets patched into the game, 99% of people who complained about missing subway system wont spend more than 30 seconds per playthrough inside the train.

Blade Runner sends its regards.
Meaning?
Post automatically merged:

Depends.
Apocalypse Now Redux is a completely different movie from Apocalypse Now, even though it's technically only a "Director's cut".
What I meant was that 99% of movies advertised later on as Director's Cut versions are much much worse than the original with lots of incongruous scenes.

If cut content is akin to a movie's director's cut edition then I don't wanna see it. Since director's cut edition is mostly scenes fished out of the trashbin and added back into the movie.
Respectfully, have you seen Blade Runner Final Cut? Because it is 1000% times better than the original release and that is directly the result of the reintroducion of these... "trash bin" scenes you seem to find so distasteful...

Meaning?

What I meant was that 99% of movies advertised later on as Director's Cut versions are much much worse than the original with lots of incongruous scenes.
Blade Runner sends its regards.
FRIGGIN' THANK YOU. GEEZ.

1. Doesn't look like cut content, just some weird glitch
2. That train stations wouldn't be usable has been known long before release
3. Police AI is broken, not "cut content"
4. That's not cut content either, it's a school used in BD during a side quest
5. It's also long known that AVs wouldn't be usable outside of specific story content

Can you guys please stop making posts about supposed "cut content"?
It's getting annoying.

What is getting annoying is people defending this nonsense by CDPR and trying to justify the release of a half baked game that is nowhere close to what was being advertised and lacks basic open world features and mechanics that were common place over 20 years ago in GTA 3.

5. It's also long known that AVs wouldn't be usable outside of specific story content

It's getting annoying.

Wait, you're saying that this uninspired, run-of-the-mill game is the finished product? After all those promises about the next gen in open world gaming? I think I'd feel better for CDPR if there is tons of cut content.

It's getting annoying.
Thanks for posting. Cut content speculation doesn't always appear like intellectually honest debate at all. Most importantly it doesn't help to improve the product we have. What I read, they wondered about flying cars and Pondsmith came in and said, don't do it, it's too complicated. So this must have been know for a long time for those who followed production and it's not going to happen.

There are legit issues in game, bugs, perks, all these need to be sorted out before really going to balancing. I see opportunities with some businesses and businesses associated with gangs. BD's are also interesting as we could experience work of something like Trauma Team from perspective of multiple teams. Little things like making a boxing bot near V's apartment interactive would help with player skill regarding boxing and synergize with Brawling and Athletics and could be even level gated, based on that it can't offer challenge beyond character comfort zone after certain level. A lot of cut content talk is about some mysterious content that I don't understand how it would synergize with anything.

Last edited:
I'm really having a hard time with all the folks arguing that there isn't obviously missing content when there are industry standard features that have been announced by the devs that are not in the game. Not to mention all the stuff that was supposed to make this the deepest and most immersive game in history.

The entire story is on rails and nothing V does changes the world even a little bit. There is one mission that has a little bit of effect on the gameplay going forward(what do you do about Royce), otherwise there is no meaningful difference to any choice we make. The only relationships that matter in the game are Panam and Johnny, and the only fixer with any bearing on the meat of the game is Rogue, who has like 3 missions. Your significant other forgets you exist the moment you consummate your relationship and there's evidently no one else compatible in the entire city. The freaking minimap doesn't zoom when you accelerate, and because of the way it's been implemented a fix may not even possible.

It's bad. It can be fun and still bad at the same time, but making excuses for a game that even the devs said needed at least another year makes no sense at all. You're giving them cover to leave the game a disappointment.

Most importantly it doesn't help to improve the product we have.
Examples of things that would improve the product. Act 1 extended. So that Jackie, T-Bug, Misty, and Vik are introduced properly. Give time to build the relationship.

All Fixers must have a proper introduction given to them. Just like Padre has in Street Kid. None of this: Hi, you are an up and coming good merc (which we didn't see. Go back to first improvement.) I want you to do X mini missions for me. Okay bye.

Missions that have the ability to choose weather to kill a character or not. Has story for both outcomes. When you don't do this. The game is faking choice. Why do people like the Stout mission in the begining. Because it's a mission of branching outcomes and CHOICES.

Logical inconsistencies are addressed. When doing missions for certain fixers. Will increase their hatred with others. To the point of terminating communication to do the remaining missions. This is a thing in the game. Kill one of the Delamain cars. Delamain will terminated remaining missions. We should not be seeing Wakako giving us missions. After we where killing Tygre Gang members.

Gangs: How about we actually get proper introductions to all the gangs. Understand who they are. And they are actually used towards story. Rather than be just generic enemies. This than can be used to fill alternate ways to get around losing fixers. If you kill NCPD officers enough times. Regina terminates communications. Than you are contacted by a Gang leader. To resume said missions. But the missions are modified in killing the cops and the targets. Any missions that involve the same gang members are blocked.

Skippy's mission is modified. If you are working for NCPD. You have the choice to keep him, give him back to Regina. If NCPD missions where terminated. Skippy can be reprogrammed. You than can kill Regina.

If you've done excelent work on NCPD missions. Like you never fail the stealth requirement missions. Regina awards you a NCPD uniform. This than allows you to act as a cop. Take cop cars freely. And give a alternate outcome to Brendon vending machine. By rescuing him from erasure. CHOICES, Affecting outcomes. Positive and negatives that give things to V.

If you pick a mission like when you have to kill that guy in the animal gang for the guy he killed. And you have been working with them in fixer jobs. An additional option is added. Work with him and kill the person who hired you to kill him. More choices.

Lifepath's: The LP's change how the game starts. This should also be a thing on how each of the endings end. Various other game mechanic bonuses should be done for each LP.

Street Kid should be able to have a easier time to interact with Gangs. Bribe cops, and when you beat the brawl missions. Be able to be added to the brawl ourselves. So that periodically generated enemies will call us up for a match.

Corpo should help in acquiring money easier. Weather from resources or the Alcadoes. You should be able to bypass bouncers at the front door, in missions. The beat missions. Give a chance option to bribe them to take a fall. If you have the required money. Completing Delamain's missions. Gives you access to the company stock. And you get investment money for the remainder of the game. This would re-enable the Corpo HUD. Which you could look at with assigned button.

Nomad makes it easier for you to read people. Defuse situations easier. Make it easier for you trigger the romances. Nomad would also make V more violent when friends are in danger. Nomad could also have access to more gear BP's from the start. Need less tech levels for upgrades.

I'm trying to add things with the limitations of the game in mind. Solely expanding on just the story. This would make it longer. More indepth. And fulfill a lot of the promises that where said or implied with their crap lying marketing.

Last edited:
Lifepath's: The LP's change how the game starts. This should also be a thing on how each of the endings end. Various other game mechanic bonuses should be done for each LP.
This was a big one for me, expected that each Lifepath would provide a player with some kind of unique content. Nothing that would change the story or overcomplicate things but just stuff like unique perks? Makes sense that people from one walk of life would have a unique skill that another might not.

Top Bottom