If I disliked the game because Johny... [possible Spoilers]

+

... basically Hijacked my body and kills me in the end, is it worth it to even get PL Seriously, I really wanted to love the game, but dispite what it was hyped up at launch, it isn't a game about MY character, my V, my Lifepath doesn't matter, my choices don't matter how I do things, Doesn't Matter it all Leads to the same damn end where this guy I don't give a fuck about takes over my brain and that's that... Is it even worth getting the new content, or is it still Johny's fucking show and I'm just a Sap for a ride?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, I really wanted to love the game, but dispite what it was hyped up at launch, it isn't a game about MY character, my V, my Lifepath doesn't matter, my choices don't matter how I do things, Doesn't Matter it all Leads to the same damn end where this guy I don't give a fuck about takes over my brain and that's that... Is it even worth getting the new content, or is it still Johny's fucking show and I'm just a Sap for a ride?
If it's what do you feel about the story, I would say no... not worth to get Phantom Liberty anyway ;)

Seriously, I really wanted to love the game, but dispite what it was hyped up at launch, it isn't a game about MY character, my V, my Lifepath doesn't matter, my choices don't matter how I do things, Doesn't Matter it all Leads to the same damn end where this guy I don't give a fuck about takes over my brain and that's that... Is it even worth getting the new content, or is it still Johny's fucking show and I'm just a Sap for a ride?

Yes, you can fuck over Johnny Silverhand in this DLC.

Just like in the Devil ending.

I'm inclined to agree with @LeKill3rFou here.

From your post, it doesn't sound like it's just the ending that annoys you, it sounds like it's the entire Johnny Silverhand arc and that hasn't changed one bit.

But you can survive as you. It comes at a very high price though.

I'm inclined to agree with @LeKill3rFou here.

From your post, it doesn't sound like it's just the ending that annoys you, it sounds like it's the entire Johnny Silverhand arc and that hasn't changed one bit.

But you can survive as you. It comes at a very high price though.

I'm less against the Silverhand Arc, in all Honesty and more against the feeling that no matter what I seem to do I'm dead, and there is No way I know of to change that. That is what pisses me off.

I'm less against the Silverhand Arc, in all Honesty and more against the feeling that no matter what I seem to do I'm dead, and there is No way I know of to change that. That is what pisses me off.

Then the DLC might be worth a look at then.

It does add an ending that allows you to survive and live on your life as V entirely but, as I said previously, it comes at a high price. Some people were hoping for a fairy tale ending and that is not it.

Then if you like the gameplay and the story already, I would say get the DLC. It's more of what's great about this game and gives you access to an ending that fulfills what you want out of the ending - you living.

Might want to give the base game with 2.0 a try first before buying if you haven't already. The game has changed massively with this latest patch and, while it seems to be just a minority of people, some people don't like the changes at all. You may be one of them which would then change my answer about the DLC being worth it to you.

Fair point, thanks for taking the time to follow up and what not, looks like I'll hate the new cyberware system but that SHOULD be fixable with a few console commands or some such so I'm chromed head to toe without any ill affects. (Hell, if I could put myself in a Cyberbrain/body like the Major from ghost in the shell I'd be living the dream...)

"IF I DISLIKED THE GAME BECAUSE JOHNY BASICALLY HIJACKED MY BODY AND KILLS ME IN THE END, IS IT WORTH IT TO EVEN GET PL"

Absolutely! I mean, I DESPICE Johnny and pre-ordered Phantom Liberty. The demo showed Songbird getting rid of the gonk in a heartbeat, so am expecting Johnny to be literally out of it for the entire duration of Phantom Liberty's story.

If you play God of War your choice doesn't matter, Elden Ring... your choice doesn't matter. Last of Us same thing, you don't get to save Joel if you feel like it. You are playing the story laid out for you by the writers. If you're asking that question at this point then you've already made up your mind so why ask.

If you didn't enjoy the base game, what makes you think PL will salvage the game for you?
Ultimately it's your decision, and no one here can tell you whether to buy PL or not. That's up to you really.

"IF I DISLIKED THE GAME BECAUSE JOHNY BASICALLY HIJACKED MY BODY AND KILLS ME IN THE END, IS IT WORTH IT TO EVEN GET PL"

Absolutely! I mean, I DESPICE Johnny and pre-ordered Phantom Liberty. The demo showed Songbird getting rid of the gonk in a heartbeat, so am expecting Johnny to be literally out of it for the entire duration of Phantom Liberty's story.
Well, if you expect that, don't buy PL.

Just do what I do. Clear the entire 1st part of the map, NCPD quests and all before injecting a dose of Johnny. That's 40-50 hours of game play.

As someone who doesn't like the game because of Silverhand, and watched an entire playthrough of PL. I say no. It's just tons more Johnny, and he's still annoying.

I'm probably going to regret it, but I bought it so I will play it. I don't like Johnny, have never given him my body, I never will. If I live 6 mins or 6 weeks he will never get my body.

It's not Johnny doing it, it's the relic chip.

If you can wait, I would wait til the 2.01 patch comes out. It might be awhile before it comes out, but can hurt. All CDPR has said was that it would be out soon.

Top Bottom