Cybercop 2077: Police related side content - thoughts and discussions

+

Are you interested in such police related content?

• Total voters
Not opposed to V working with the police. Just opposed to V literally joining and becoming a member of the police, because it doesn't make any kind of sense based on what we know about the game's story so far. Not to mention technically difficult to implement given the already-dense nature of the game.

V joining the Force is out of question. Even in the dystopian future the Police has some standards :) But stretched thin, the Police could hire V's help.

V joining the Force is out of question. Even in the dystopian future the Police has some standards :) But stretched thin, the Police could hire V's help.

I get that you do not come to the city as rich and very influential person ("too easy or pre-defined" in a nutshell) but it doesn't mean you come to the city as dumb piece of a brick and / or totally unfit via character.

Not taking that as argument in favor of a fully fledged police career since we likely won't get any, just saying that in theory with V's available slates and options, they should be deemed fitting enough for entry or applying. Unless you only meant it all as a relative joke I over-interpret :p

But to emphasize on the last part, V being hired by police is "better than nothing" and ideally, if V can get certain rights or perks after a good or established relationship or "cred", then I'm relatively happy as a player looking for that particular playstyle. And others might be, too.

If the game becomes remotely mod-friendly like the TES / Fallout games, the community can likely fill in any blanks and create a mod like LSPD:FR from GTA 5 or LCPD:FR from GTA 4. If no one heard that before, it's basically fully fledged cop mods that let you play as cop instead of your average GTA protagonist. You can select different cop models and cars and have various missions including "free roam". You can, in turn, also check any citizens or stop any cars and do what police could in theory do in reality. More or less.

Just wanted to mention it for future inspiration to any modders, if we don't get that via CDPR (including late DLCs).

I would LOVE something like this. It would be cool to be a member of the police and see the other side of things. Will it happen? Probably not, but that's why we have Mods!

I'm a huge fan of downloading a bunch of mods to change a game in so many ways, Skyrim is one such game where this is possible.

I would be a fan of Police Overhaul Mod with a questline, new armor, and new weapons, and who's to say people won't create the same type of mods for the other classes of CP2077.

I would LOVE something like this. It would be cool to be a member of the police and see the other side of things. Will it happen? Probably not, but that's why we have Mods!

I'm a huge fan of downloading a bunch of mods to change a game in so many ways, Skyrim is one such game where this is possible.

I would be a fan of Police Overhaul Mod with a questline, new armor, and new weapons, and who's to say people won't create the same type of mods for the other classes of CP2077.

I hear you. I mean my name probably screams "bias" in that regard.

But there's one "problem": This solely depends on mod support from the devs. It would be an absolute dream to get the same level of modding support like in the recent TES/FO games from Bethesda, for example. I hear Witcher 3 in turn wasn't that mod friendly. Perhaps not even remotely, in comparison. I never played and tried it, just saying.

Until I actually see a very mod friendly framework or tools at work, I'd rather push for gentle compromises that are integrated into the base game or DLC if nothing else helps before calling upon mod(der)s.

Time will tell.

So far I can tell that while some people wonder if it's possible or have reservations, there's that particular group or subset of poeple who are very much into that stuff. And I think the Cyberpunk genre in general is very good for that type of gameplay or preference. A huge living breathing world where you carve out a piece of or try to survive in. I realize we can't have it all, but let's try to go small steps into the direction of other factions.

It's basically in the game so far already: Working with other factions. A few perks and benefits for each faction, almost like you were a regular member, and we'd likely have a great compromise!

I'm not against the idea, but I wish I could play a Rockerboy before playing a Cop.

I hear you. Playing different roles is part of the fun. I for example would like to play "corpo" next to cops. And then perhaps try something completely different, assuming that unique playstyle or "faction" would be a given possibility, of course. Perhaps we get to see a bit of this regardless. It's still some time (I'd wager about 2 years or so).

I think it's absolute B.S. that any of this should be "DLC". It should be base game content or put into actual expansions. Remember 20 years ago when expansions were so good they were whole new games? I remember. I think it would be great to join Trauma Team and have wars with other medic companies like they did in the previous version of this game back in the 80's. We should all continue to step away from the whole "DLC" idea. Pic Related.

Attachments

• 1535835113987[1].png
    1535835113987[1].png
    293.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I agree with DLC should be being almost full games. I would like to see future dlc or expansion where u could play different character stories. After all if that much effort put into nc and being CD red we know they even argue to minute detail for each interior designs they should use the same city or expanded version refined for future dlc and extra contents.

I'm only using "DLC" as indicator for any sort of notable expansion or update, it should be said. Basically in the context of this, any major post-release content addition in any way, opposed to what we get with release or basically very shortly after.

I don't want to be part of the NCPD but i think the idea of solving crimes in a world like this has a lot of potential, perhaps something like a private investigator would work well with this, perhaps something like Roschach from Watchmen.

I agree with DLC should be being almost full games. I would like to see future dlc or expansion where u could play different character stories. After all if that much effort put into nc and being CD red we know they even argue to minute detail for each interior designs they should use the same city or expanded version refined for future dlc and extra contents.

They could keep everything the same with NC, but expand upon new characters through DLC's.

I'd love to see something m dealing with a police or some sort of special task force even if these forces would hire or work by V side I'd love to get involved in some sort of police force

voted for cause if done kinda like the blade runners in the first bladerunner movie where your a cop but not a standard patrol cop. A sort of private detictive or private security force that operates in a legal level like the corp agent from the 48 minute trailer to fit it in more. Or just let me be cyberpunk batman

voted for cause if done kinda like the blade runners in the first bladerunner movie where your a cop but not a standard patrol cop. A sort of private detictive or private security force that operates in a legal level like the corp agent from the 48 minute trailer to fit it in more. Or just let me be cyberpunk batman

I wouldn't also be terribly opposed to being granted certain "special powers" (more spot on, law enforcement turning a blind eye to certain or many things or allowing you to do certain things they would do) if you were working in an official corp capacity. While it's not fully on-topic and covering the idea of the thread, it does work in favor of an underlying goal:

Faction identification or "representation"

It would also cater to players looking for a strong corpo or cop affiliation or vigilante-like gameplay, of sorts, I'd wager. But less as "infamous cyberpunk batman" and more in a semi-official or even official capacity.

In the next days I will add the most recent relevant dev quote about factions from July or so to the OP to have a better foundation for debate and to come up with solutions based on that stance. No use just stating how the ideal view is if it is ruled out until proven otherwise, heh.

I still think there's plenty of room and opportunities to get closer towards an ideal faction-based approach. Time will tell.

Thanks to all who voted and / or posted in here and voiced their opinions.

Repeatable content will be bread and butter of CP2077.

For example, working for TT and getting air dropped into random areas of Night City; secure the patient and fight off the attackers. Rinse and Repeat. I assume the same for Corpos, gangs etc.

I don't however see 'police work' fitting with the goals of V.

Repeatable content will be bread and butter of CP2077.

For example, working for TT and getting air dropped into random areas of Night City; secure the patient and fight off the attackers. Rinse and Repeat. I assume the same for Corpos, gangs etc.

I don't however see 'police work' fitting with the goals of V.

Assuming you can even work for TT in that fashion at all. Unless that is just an example to get the point across.

I see plenty of potential tasks for police related work though. And if it turns out to be combat related where you take out criminals, because that always works or is easier to implement, even automated.

Other than that, more is welcomed and would depend on the creativity on behalf of the devs. And then it has to remotely fit.

If you get rewarded / paid at the end of it, there you go: abstract or real goals of V covered. Money, gear and / or rep obtained. New stuff unlocked, maybe.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW.

Ahem. Sorry.

Seriously tho, I dunno. That seems more like a stand-alone than something our 'main char' would branch into. I mean I suppose we could get bought into the cops by a high enough patron, but we'd have literally no skill at being cops/knowing the LAAAAAAAAW. Unless this would be an exercise of 'dress up like cops, act like usual PC'.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW.

Ahem. Sorry.

Seriously tho, I dunno. That seems more like a stand-alone than something our 'main char' would branch into. I mean I suppose we could get bought into the cops by a high enough patron, but we'd have literally no skill at being cops/knowing the LAAAAAAAAW. Unless this would be an exercise of 'dress up like cops, act like usual PC'.
The cops are pretty incompetent because Night City is called the worst city to live. I can see a workaround through that. Like police executive levels award high-end contracts to certain mercs since the city is so crime-infested.

The cops are pretty incompetent because Night City is called the worst city to live. I can see a workaround through that. Like police executive levels award high-end contracts to certain mercs since the city is so crime-infested.

Looking at how things are run; mega-corporations runs the world, I suspect that corporate security will be the main enforcement in Night City, while the "official" NCPD will take care of petty crime, those not concerning corporate security.

Top Bottom