Cyberpunk 2020 Play by Post Databook- Title Subject to Change

+
Thats what it was right?

Oh, yeah. But as Wrench would know, that's a lot of money, depending on how long the job takes. She might be able to get services for less than that - or more, depending on how long it takes and how much hurting is involved.

Most jobs are hourly/daily plus expenses. So your monthly rate would be a multiple of that. Of course, job lengths change, injury/gear expesnes go up, etc.

You can, of course, just offer them the same you are getting and see how it goes, or you can wait to see what they're rate is and subcontract them, keeping the remainder, if any, for yourself.

If the job only takes a couple days, 1500 eb is prettttty nice. If a Solo had ten of those jobs in a month, for example, they'd be making serious bank.

So, yeah, Wrench knows it's a nice paycheque.

yeah wrench isnt out to screw anyone...im not a fixer and not into that i get a full cut plus extra just for riding along and selling shit after.

Hey, can I get in on this? My character concept is a sort of psychotic (not cyberpsychotic) vigilante*/enforcer (not sure which yet) who's never quite been the same after being captured and tortured by Cartel forces during a tour in South Am. Older Solo, with a focus on handguns and knives. Alternates between shouting and calm, cultured English, seemingly at random. Basically, Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction, with a little more cyber. Also, he's white.

Is there room in any groups for this?

*I know what you're thinking. "That's not very cyberpunk! We want grey morality!" Well, this is pretty gray. He doesn't kill boosters out of a sense of justice, he does it to sell their parts. It's simple, you snipe a few boosters, rip their cyberarms off, and sell 'em to a street doc at discount. It keeps the streets safe, so the cops don't give a damn, and you get paid. Only trouble is when the Blood Razors figure out who's been offing their boys.

Sure. Do up a character. Rules on the first page.

Okay, cool. Here's a question, though. Assuming 2020, he's been solo-ing for around 15 years. Given that level of experience, would I be able to have Combat Sense 6? Also, is the 5 level limit in place for other skills?

Okay, cool. Here's a question, though. Assuming 2020, he's been solo-ing for around 15 years. Given that level of experience, would I be able to have Combat Sense 6? Also, is the 5 level limit in place for other skills?

I haven't said the date of play yet. Keep CS to 5, though. The 5 limit is not in place for other skills.

I'll post the backstory shortly. Here's the stats:

Name: Wabbajack
Role: Solo

Body: 10
MA: 5
Ref: 10
Int: 6
Tech: 3
Emp: 9
Cool: 10
Attr: 2
Luck: 5

Skills:

Streetfighting (Martial Art): 7
Combat Sense: 5
Endurance:2
Handguns:8
Resist Torture/Drugs6
Rifles:5
Awareness: Tactics / Awareness/Notice:6
Education/General Knowledge:2
Intimidation:8
Stealth/Evasion: 6
Streetwise: 5

Cyber:
SP16 Skinweave: 2750eb, 4hl
Right Cyberarm: 3000, 5hl
- Hydraulic Rams: 200eb, 1.5hl
- EMP Sheilding 300eb, .5hl
- Cyberarm Armor: 200eb, 3hl
- Standard Hand 150eb, 0hl
Muscle and Bone Lace: 1500eb, 2hl

Weapons:
Custom .454 Super Chief (506.25eb)
-Snub Barrel
-Gas Vent
-1 P P 4D6+3(.454) 5 2 VR 25m
Large, serrated Kukri* 120eb
Longcoat concealability, 2D6+3+BT damage

Equipment:
Sport Eurasia Microbike: 100eb (Backpack folding bike, if we ever need stats they're in Chrome 3)
Breathing Mask: 30eb
Laptop Computer (EBM Make): 900eb
Mastoid Commo: 100eb
Standard Cell Phone: 400eb
YMCA Membership (3 months) 75eb**
Nylon Carrybag: 5eb
Inflatable Bed: 25eb
Sleeping Bag: 25eb
Six weeks' kibble (not like the stuff spoils): 300eb
8x identical white muscle shirts: 120eb
3x pairs of identical camoflage jeans of Urban Flash style: 120eb
1 month cell service
5 months Credchip account (with Mafia bank) 100eb
100 Dual Purpose .454 Rounds

Money remaining: 1,280

*Made using the Datafortress melee weapon rules. Seeing as those were included in Interlock Unlimited, I assume that that is fine. If not, I can replace it.
**I looked it up, and YMCA memberships for adults are a little under $50. I rounded up a halved for the conversion to the Eurodollar. Seeing as Wabbajack is a squatter, I figured he'd need somewhere to shower and work out. After all, you can't maintain Body Type 10 without a gym membership.

---------- Updated at 02:43 AM ----------

Wabbajack, birth name Elliott Freeman, signed up to the military ass soon as he turned 18 to get out of the dead end town in rural Vermont he grew up in with a loveless family. Assigned to the USMC, he served his first term uneventfully at Quantico. It was there he met Elaine Winters, the first and only love of his life. She was a nurse in nearby Stafford, working at a poorly funded nursing home. When it came time to reenlist, he did, and was shuffled out to fight Cartel forces in the South Am wars.

Three months in, he was captured. For the next five months, he was mercilessly tortured. Ever wonder how you get Attractiveness 2? Try a puffed up left cheek where a guerrilla broke a whisky bottle on your cheek. Try scars everywhere, where he was slashed with cheap Chinese surplus combat knives. Ever wonder what it's like to have your privates violated with a knife? Hope you never do.

After five months of that, he was found be American forces on the way back home during the Long March. The cartel torturers didn't live long after that. We was bandaged by Jim Pollock, a field medic who was left behind when the Americans pulled out. Over the next few months of fighting their way north, Elliott and Jim became fast friends, with the kind of bond only extreme stress can bring. They spend all their free time together, telling each other stories of their service, from the time Elliott's CO told him to file some (completely fictitous) paperwork on April Fool's day and it took Elliott two hours to figure it out, to the time Jim patched up a local and she started hitting on him.

Then, just a few hours from the Mexican border, Jim took a bullet from a Cartel sniper. He was killed instantly. Elliott didn't have time to mourn. He made it to Mexican territory, where he sold his guns for a boat ride to New Orleans. Once there, he bummed a dollar off a generous passerby to call Elaine at the nursing home. As it had happened, she had contracted the Wasting Plague from a patient and died.

Elliott finally broke. It was at this moment he became Wabbajack. He made a name for himself as a legbreaker for the New Orleans Mafia. After a few years of that, though, he was framed for the murder of a higher up and was forced to flee to Night City.

Wabbajack is a broken, unhinged man. He can (and does) change from perfectly calm one moment to furiously angry and back, sometimes multiple times in the same sentence. He's in a constant downward spiral, and subconsciously he's trying to get the street to kill him.

Edit: Forgot to buy ammo.

Last edited:
Also, it should be noted this account (TheMurkWhoLurks) is not my main account. My main account is Zednark, but I can't login to this site with it. The support ticket is going through now, and given the respect I have for CDPR and GOG I have no doubts it will be fixed, and when it does I plan on switching accounts.

Okay, Murk/Zed. Character looks cool, interesting premise. Make sure to adjust humanity from cyber. Remember also that although RP is great, it's no excuse to be aggressive towards other players, at least not ones you've just met.

Take 5 points for your back ground to spend wherever.

Okay, here's the stats after the +5 and with mods to stats/hl included. Attributes in parenthesis are the augmented values, a la Shadowrun.

Name: Wabbajack
Role: Solo

Body: 10 (12)
MA: 5
Ref: 10
Int: 6
Tech: 3
Emp: 9 (8)
Cool: 10
Attr: 2 (0)***
Luck: 5
Humanity: 74/90
BTM: -5****
Melee Mod: +4
Run: 15
Leap: 3.75
Carry: 120
Lift: 480

Skills:

Streetfighting (Martial Art): 10
Combat Sense: 5
Endurance:3
Handguns:8
Resist Torture/Drugs6
Rifles:6
Awareness: Tactics / Awareness/Notice:6
Education/General Knowledge:2
Intimidation:8
Stealth/Evasion: 6
Streetwise: 5

Cyber:
SP16 Skinweave: 2750eb, 4hl
Right Cyberarm: 3000, 5hl
- Hydraulic Rams: 200eb, 1.5hl
- EMP Sheilding 300eb, .5hl
- Cyberarm Armor: 200eb, 3hl
- Standard Hand 150eb, 0hl
Muscle and Bone Lace: 1500eb, 2hl

Weapons:
Custom .454 Super Chief (506.25eb)
-Snub Barrel
-Gas Vent
-1 P P 4D6+3(.454) 5 2 VR 25m
Large, serrated Kukri* 120eb
Longcoat concealability, 2D6+3+BT damage

Equipment:
Sport Eurasia Microbike: 100eb (Backpack folding bike, if we ever need stats they're in Chrome 3)
Breathing Mask: 30eb
Laptop Computer (EBM Make): 900eb
Mastoid Commo: 100eb
Standard Cell Phone: 400eb
YMCA Membership (3 months) 75eb**
Nylon Carrybag: 5eb
Inflatable Bed: 25eb
Sleeping Bag: 25eb
Six weeks' kibble (not like the stuff spoils): 300eb
8x identical white muscle shirts: 120eb
3x pairs of identical camoflage jeans of Urban Flash style: 120eb
1 month cell service
5 months Credchip account (with Mafia bank) 100eb
100 Dual Purpose .454 Rounds

Money remaining: 1,280

Edit: Forgot BTM and other derived statistics.

*Made using the Datafortress melee weapon rules. Seeing as those were included in Interlock Unlimited, I assume that that is fine. If not, I can replace it.
**I looked it up, and YMCA memberships for adults are a little under $50. I rounded up a halved for the conversion to the Eurodollar. Seeing as Wabbajack is a squatter, I figured he'd need somewhere to shower and work out. After all, you can't maintain Body Type 10 without a gym membership.
***Because of the high end skinweave. Wabbajack doesn't mind; he lost his sex drive a long time ago.
**** Not positive on this one. I can't seem to find the actual table anywhere. But it lists "superhuman" at -5, and that's where I figure I am. Feel free to correct this.

Last edited:
@kabukiman1973 That's not what replicator does, actually. You can try to modify it for something like what you want. Take a few days or a Prog/Int roll of 30+ to do right now.

Also Nogi would proooobably stop you if you tried, since imagine what would happen in the Net locality if you created millions of replicated versions of your avatr, not just your deck trace, heh heh heh.

Wait. I love it. Please try!

Last edited:
@kabukiman That's not what replicator does, actually. You can try to modify it for something like what you want. Take a few days or a Prog/Int roll of 30+ to do right now.

Also Nogi would proooobably stop you if you tried, since imagine what would happen in the Net locality if you created millions of replicated versions of your avatr, not just your deck trace, heh heh heh.

Wait. I love it. Please try!
Let's see ... your chance of being traced goes up with each copy since they have to be controlled via the deck ... the deck itself slows to a crawl since it's having to create and control each copy ...

And those are just the two things that immediately come to mind, if you like I'll give it a little thought and come up with a dozen or so more.

Top Bottom