Cyberpunk 2020 Play by Post Databook- Title Subject to Change

+
I'll also presume I was incapable of writing the DataTerm scanning/hopping program previously.

Nope, that's an interpretation of existing software. That's fine.

It will also take more than a Radio Shack to do what you want to do. 1, the pressure switch is pretty worthless - your nervous system is engaged. Moving your hand off the switch is as much effort as just flipping the power button, in terms of cognitive ability. Black ICE will lock that out for you. 2. Cyberdecks and soldering irons are not a good idea. You'll need an equipped set-up.

Here's the simple truth: there is no easy way to bypass the risks of jacking in. There isn't. You can try to reduce them, but the hardware and software is set up so that a whole of people smarter and more experienced than your character have already tried to make it as safe and efficient as possible.

Nope, that's an interpretation of existing software. That's fine.

Here's the simple truth: there is no easy way to bypass the risks of jacking in. There isn't. You can try to reduce them, but the hardware and software is set up so that a whole of people smarter and more experienced than your character have already tried to make it as safe and efficient as possible.
As I said, the intent was to reduce not eliminate.

Naw ... I just didn't bother selecting specific programs from the book because as a PBEM game net running won't be handled in that kind of detail. Besides. I find the programs almost as amusing as I do the computers in the original Traveller game (10 tons for a 6 Meg system *chuckles*).

Kaebus2196

I'd be willing to bet most of those playing fully understand prior commitments, particularly military ones, are something you work around as best you can and I assure you apologies are not needed.

I've returned as promised. Basic was fun. How can I get started on this play by post? I've been anxious for two and a half months :p

Doom, Mal, we can go about this a couple ways as you build your Team.

1. I can assemble some NPCs! You can wander around, observing, talking to different people, etc, or just make a few rolls, ( A/N, Human Percep, Streetwise, etc) and then pick the best one.

2. You can build your own! If you have a particular type of person you are looking for, you can build them! Starting PC, plus however many extra skill points and gear you want them to have. Couple things though: I settle on name and backstory...and price. The more capable, the more expensive, unless you work some kind of deal.

3. You can recruit a PC! If Soul wants in or you drag someone else in, that's also fine.

I'd be fine taking in s0u1r4z0r . As for an NPC, maybe you could make us up some NPCs to choose from? I was hoping for a walking tank to absorb bullets for us. :p

Been busy. Also AMT seems to have disappeared? I'll create those NPCs and then we'll go from there this weekend.

Okay, here are the stat outlines for the 4 possible Solos. They are ordered from most to least expensive. This is not all their gear or even cyber, nor lifepath or style. I'll work those up when you two settle on which one(s) you'd like.

Their names are just numbers at this point.

Name 65 Solo Female Age 31
Stats
INT 8 REF 8 /9 TECH 3
COOL 8 ATTR 6 LUCK 8
MA 5 BODY 7 EMP 5 / 8
RUN 25 LEAP 1 LIFT 25
Armor: Medium Armor Jacket

Skills
Skill Score Skill Score Skill Score
Combat Sense 7 Awareness/Notice 7 Handgun 4
Melee 10 Martial Arts 7
Rifle 9 Athletics 3 Submachine gun 6
Stealth 7 Play Instrument 4 Strength Feat 5
Accounting 3 Photo & Film 3 Pilot (Dirigible) 3
Cybernetics
Cyberoptic
(MicroVideo Optic), Gills, Chipware Socket, Scratchers, Speedware, Independent Air Supply
Weapon
Name Type WA Con Dmg Shots ROF Range
Kalishnikov A-80 Hvy. Rifle RIF -1 N 6D6+2 (7.62) 35 25 400m
Rep: 4

Name 60 Solo Female Age 34
Stats
INT 6 REF 7 / 9 TECH 7
COOL 4 ATTR 10 LUCK 7
MA 4 BODY 7 EMP 1 / 6
RUN 30 LEAP 1 LIFT 35
Armor: Heavy Armor Jacket

Skills
Combat Sense 8 Awareness/Notice 8 Handgun 5
Melee 4 Martial Arts 6
Rifle 9 Athletics 5 Submachine gun 5
Stealth 6 Heavy Weapons 3
Diagnose Illness 4 Pharmaceuticals 3 Library Search 4
Cybernetics
Adrenal Boost, Cyberleg
(Thickened Myomar, Quick Change Mount), Cyberoptic
(Color Shift, Low Lite), Gills, Nanosurgeons, AudioVox, Toxin Binders, Interface Plugs, Shift-tacts
Weapon
Militech Ronin Light Assault RIF 1 N 5D6 (5.56) 35 30 400m
Rep: 3

Name 55 Solo Male Age 34
Stats
INT 7 REF 8 TECH 2
COOL 5 ATTR 6 LUCK 3
MA 6 BODY 8 EMP 7 / 10
RUN 40 LEAP 2 LIFT 40
Armor: Metal Gear

Skills
Combat Sense 5 Awareness/Notice 8 Handgun 6
Melee 2 Martial Arts 7
Rifle 8 Athletics 8 Submachine gun 4
Stealth 5 Dodge & Escape 3 Pilot (Vect. Thrust Vehicle) 4
Shadow/Track 4 Cyberdeck Design 3 Wilderness Survival 6
Cybernetics
Scratchers, Interface Plugs, Skinwatch, Techhair, Nasal Filters, Gills, DataTerm Link, Machine Link
Weapon
AKR-20 Medium Assault RIF 0 N 5D6 (5.56) 30 30 400m
Rep: 2

Name 70 Solo Female Age 23
Stats
INT 10 REF 7 TECH 9
COOL 10 ATTR 6 LUCK 10
MA 3 BODY 7 EMP 2 / 8
RUN 15 LEAP 0 LIFT 35
Armor: Light Armor Jacket

Skills
Combat Sense 4 Awareness/Notice 10 Handgun 8
Melee 5 Martial Arts 7
Rifle 5 Athletics 6 Submachine gun 3
Stealth 6 Botany 6 Heavy Weapons 6
Anthropology 5 Human Perception 6 Driving 4
Cybernetics
Cyberarm
(Shotgun, MiniCam), Pain Editor, Skinwatch, Muscle and Bone Lace, Enhanced Antibodies, AudioVox, Wolvers, Cybersnake, Motion Detector
Weapon
Kalishnikov A-80 Hvy. Rifle RIF -1 N 6D6+2 (7.62) 35 25 400m
Rep: 1

I like number 2 because she has the right skillset and weapon for the job. The ak-80 is junk. The ronin is a good weapon. Good enough to stop most assholes and not shoot 20 assholes behind them. The cost is flat rate what BFBD is paying. Which i think was 1500 per and a possible 500eb gratitude bump for speed.

I like number 2 because she has the right skillset and weapon for the job. The ak-80 is junk. The ronin is a good weapon. Good enough to stop most assholes and not shoot 20 assholes behind them. The cost is flat rate what BFBD is paying. Which i think was 1500 per and a possible 500eb gratitude bump for speed.

I'll go with this. I trust your judgement. Haha.

Top Bottom