Cyberpunk 2077 crashes! cant play!

+
I have taken a break from the game after the 2020 disastrous launch!
I have been told the game has made a turn around.
I have installed it on ssd fresh today to give it another chance.
But i cant play for the life of me.

i get crash few seconds after in game with the message 'whoa! cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined'.

[...]

starfield was too a joke of a game.
i cant seem to find a good game that functions ok these days and its good.

does the game works fine for you all?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also experiencing constant crashes. Game ran perfectly fine after 2.0, but after installing Phantom Liberty the game is unplayable.
I have tried every "fix" I can think of and find by search. Full reinstall, verified game files, new game/save, game settings, driver update and downgrade, compatability mode. Game still crashes within a few minutes after loading any save.
Crash occurs anywhere in the game world. Doesn't matter if I'm running wild through a combat encounter or standing stock still in V's apartment. Crashes anyway.
Edit: Of all the fixes I've tried the past 2 days... disabling cross-platform saves seems to have solved the issue for me.
Will update if this changes.

Last edited:
I am also experiencing constant crashes. Game ran perfectly fine after 2.0, but after installing Phantom Liberty the game is unplayable.
I have tried every "fix" I can think of and find by search. Full reinstall, verified game files, new game/save, game settings, driver update and downgrade, compatability mode. Game still crashes within a few minutes after loading any save.
Crash occurs anywhere in the game world. Doesn't matter if I'm running wild through a combat encounter or standing stock still in V's apartment. Crashes anyway.
I sometimes wonder if people in charge of these gaming companies ever play their games.
Post automatically merged:

anyone got the game working?

Last edited:
i had the same problem. I had to delete the game file completely then redownload then it worked

If you have a 12 or 13th gen cpu, as odd as it is, you will need to go to your BIOS and shut down the Hyperthreads. It was what I did. I find it very annoying that a game requiring 12th gen does not see the hyperthreads. At any rate, the game will be somewhat playable, but crashes will still happen just far fewer of them, and completely random. One more thing, if all goes well and you can play, and get a crash; YOU MUST DO A REPAIR, before you go back to the game, or it will freak out and freeze/collapse.
Just as a side note, according to Intel, it is up to CDPR (or any other company) to update the soft to catch up to the tech.

Top Bottom