Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
I don't believe a single word he's saying. The fact that he said the they're "proud" of the PC version just made me wanna vomit. It's beautiful graphically, and has a good story but the game is awful. The mechanics are not "next-gen" or "revolutionary" as they said it would be. The AI does not exist, the pedestrians are souless, the world is full of beautiful buildings with nothing inside because you can't enter any. Don't even let me start with the crime and police system. V's shadows are the most pathetic thing i've seeing in a game in a while. There is no BASIC PHYSICS in most of the objects. They fixed all with clipping through anything. You can't interact with nothing besides vending machines and selected vendors.

HOW ARE YOU PROUD OF SOMETHING LIKE THAT? IS THIS THE QUALITY YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT? Man, this enrages me like hell.

beware corpo b/s

Much as I love what remains of the original concept in this release, we were sold down the river on this one. The suits were too obsessed with stroking Keanu's ego.. the whole creative concept got binned in the rush for movie star enhanced $$ with what amounted to a diluted rushed-to-market early stage game (only vaguely resembling the hugely ambitious hyped vision we all loved to anticipate).

What we got was another game entirely, a born to annoy quasi-product hastily retooled from 18 months ago to appease the God of Silverhand, and 13 million consumers be damned... who's asked for their money back? My faith is in modding as the only viable rescue now, I don't believe they will return to the grand promised vision anytime soon, if at all, ever. To do that you'd have to go back and write their precious celeb out of it for a start. We basically all bought a different game than we were 'sold', it just looks a bit like the one we wanted. I'd like to be proven wrong but forgive me for not swallowing their blue pill right now.

I like the game and I can get over glitches and some bugs. That all part of it and you took on a huge project. I just hope you address the the bugs that stop the player from progressing through the main story line on PC. 53 hours to have it come to a crashing halt hurts. I've stopped playing until I know this won't happen again. I do appreciate you addressing everyone and that proves how much class you all have. You set a high standard with the Witcher series and I know you can get this game to the same level. Thanks.

Remember the mission to rescue Sandra Dorset? At the very beginning of the game.

You pull her out of the ice bath and a timer appears. You need to quickly ask Jackie for a cure! DO IT FAST OTHERWISE SHE WILL DIE!
Do you know what happens if you don't click on anything?
The scene will play automatically without your participation. Sandra cannot die.
Why? Is she such an important character?
She is only involved in one side quest.
But even then, this game does not give you a single drop of freedom. Constantly hinting to you - we are not an RPG, we are just a cheap looter shooter with GTA elements.

Attachments

• 120718640.jpg
    120718640.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 138
CDPR you are immaculate.
I grew up on the foundation of Mario Bros 3. Killer Instinct. StarCraft. Morrowind.
People forget when we got Doom Alpha leaked and it burned our high end video cards with DX9.

I am 141 hours into the StreetKid playthrough. 1080Ti. and a Threadripper 1920 from 2018. The only question on my mind is how much I could cry when I meet Jackie and Parker again on my next playthrough. WOW...... <3
Meanwhile people who claim to be playing the game are using click-bate youtube videos (3 daily) to suggest the fans are upset. The fans are not upset. We are so busy enjoying your game we don't even have time to let you know. (till now).
No spoilers. I thought I was shocked with you let me hold Silverhands gun.
I know every inch of night city.

You were not joking when you said Witcher 3 was a warmup.
You were not joking when you said that- (i'm paraphrasing)- You can't fix a bad game. Do you guys and girls want a 9/10 or a 10/10.
You have created a masterpiece. Anyone lucky enough to play this game (hopefully on PC) knows too.
I'm too busy playing to even give you and everyone a substantial review.

But just so you know....
Story 10/10
Production value 10/10
Weapon Game Mechanics (fps style CS) 10/10 (And I say this because my background is DOD and currently Insurgency Sandstorm.
I also grew up with FF3 (6).
Glitches? It's launch week. And launch month. Does anyone remember when they launched Skyrim and they didn't even have button mapping's for PC.?
Gameplay. 10/10.
You make GTA5 look like a Disney cartoon that's for ages under 6. Well done.
Never hold back. Keep it UP. <3 You just made the game of the century. Not the decade.

Meet me at the Afterlife. My drink? I'll take the CDPR.
photomode_06012021_012557.png

Remember the mission to rescue Sandra Dorset? At the very beginning of the game.

You pull her out of the ice bath and a timer appears. You need to quickly ask Jackie for a cure! DO IT FAST OTHERWISE SHE WILL DIE!
Do you know what happens if you don't click on anything?
The scene will play automatically without your participation. Sandra cannot die.
Why? Is she such an important character?
She is only involved in one side quest.
But even then, this game does not give you a single drop of freedom. Constantly hinting to you - we are not an RPG, we are just a cheap looter shooter with GTA elements.

And the sad thing is that the only mission with a drastic change is to get the MILITECH ROBOT. With his two ways, we can be an ally of Maelstrom and fight against the police. It must be the most complete mission because it was raised before.
The rest is all linear and without decisions.

CDPR you are immaculate.
I grew up on the foundation of Mario Bros 3. Killer Instinct. StarCraft. Morrowind.
People forget when we got Doom Alpha leaked and it burned our high end video cards with DX9.

I am 141 hours into the StreetKid playthrough. 1080Ti. and a Threadripper 1920 from 2018. The only question on my mind is how much I could cry when I meet Jackie and Parker again on my next playthrough. WOW...... <3
Meanwhile people who claim to be playing the game are using click-bate youtube videos (3 daily) to suggest the fans are upset. The fans are not upset. We are so busy enjoying your game we don't even have time to let you know. (till now).
No spoilers. I thought I was shocked with you let me hold Silverhands gun.
I know every inch of night city.

You were not joking when you said Witcher 3 was a warmup.
You were not joking when you said that- (i'm paraphrasing)- You can't fix a bad game. Do you guys and girls want a 9/10 or a 10/10.
You have created a masterpiece. Anyone lucky enough to play this game (hopefully on PC) knows too.
I'm too busy playing to even give you and everyone a substantial review.

But just so you know....
Story 10/10
Production value 10/10
Weapon Game Mechanics (fps style CS) 10/10 (And I say this because my background is DOD and currently Insurgency Sandstorm.
I also grew up with FF3 (6).
Glitches? It's launch week. And launch month. Does anyone remember when they launched Skyrim and they didn't even have button mapping's for PC.?
Gameplay. 10/10.
You make GTA5 look like a Disney cartoon that's for ages under 6. Well done.
Never hold back. Keep it UP. <3 You just made the game of the century. Not the decade.

Meet me at the Afterlife. My drink? I'll take the CDPR.
View attachment 11141954

Attachments

• photomode_15122020_2201089081.jpg
    photomode_15122020_2201089081.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 78
And the sad thing is that the only mission with a drastic change is to get the MILITECH ROBOT. With his two ways, we can be an ally of Maelstrom and fight against the police. It must be the most complete mission because it was raised before.
The rest is all linear and without decisions.
They specifically showed the mission with Malstrom and Militech in their trailers to deceive the players. That would give potential buyers the impression that the whole game will be so non-linear.
After that, in all gaming publications, journalists wrote - WOW! WE PLAYED ONE MISSION FROM CYBERPUNK AND IT WAS SO VARIOUS!
They deceived the journalists and they deceived the players. They deserve fraud lawsuits!

Dear CDPR Devs and management,

I'm a PC player. I am enjoying the game a lot. I see a lot of love and hard work put into this game. I have been a Cyberpunk and Mike Pondsmith fan since the early 90s. I am very disappointed with the launch and how the pre-release reviews were handled. As the saying goes, mistakes were made. Some of these mistakes are not forgivable, but are correctable. Some of these mistakes are forgivable and correctable, and sadly, some are forgivable but not correctable.

I desperately want you to succeed. Companies that can design serious high quality story games that give us immersive worlds, exciting characters, and enjoyable gameplay are dying (I'm looking at you Bioware). This game will never receive the accolades it could have because of the launch, even if you corrected everything tomorrow. But there is a beautiful game in there, and I really hope you will bring it fully into view for all the players.

Don't die please.

I believe in you and am absolutely willing to give you a chance to correct all correctable mistakes here and trust you will avoid such mistakes going forward. That said, I am not a fanboi. If things are not handled in a reasonable and timely manner, I will metaphorically walk away from CDPR. Bethesda has become a horrid company focused purely on profit. They are a rare example of me hoping a buyout by a large publisher will actually help the company. Dont go the way of Bethesda or Bioware. Please keep being CDPR.

You have some amazing and talented people working there. Not just a handful. Lots. After my first playthrough I scrolled all the credits. I still believe in you. Please dont let us down again.

They specifically showed the mission with Malstrom and Militech in their trailers to deceive the players. That would give potential buyers the impression that the whole game will be so non-linear.
After that, in all gaming publications, journalists wrote - WOW! WE PLAYED ONE MISSION FROM CYBERPUNK AND IT WAS SO VARIOUS!
They deceived the journalists and they deceived the players. They deserve fraud lawsuits!
The sad part is that the story is done. The game would have been amazing if all quests were diverse like that.

Yeah at the end of the Flathead quest in 2018 they said "look how many options there are and this is just ONE quest" which made people believe the entire game was like this.

I think we all know at this point very little of the quests in the game come even close to that demo quest.

A few bugs on the PC but a great experience. Like the company said it can be played like a GTA sandbox but the story is really where it's at. Thanks for all the amazing work on this. Truly one of the better gaming experiences I've had since MAss Effect 2.

One last Thing to CDPR.
In 2012 two Space Simulations where backed by kickstarter.
One (Elite Dangerous) promised realistic Flight simulation mmo with working economy.
Another (Star Cititzen) promised arcade simulation mmo including FPS, planet landings, AI npcs, story line etc.
First one is online since 2014 .. incuded planet landings ... the real time econy working from start... exploring planets by cars and now by foot.
The second one still in Alpha (even with 60 times the amount of $ by backers)
Take a sample on Elite... promise low and bring up content in time when you know you're ready.
The community will be gratefull if you keep your promises at first and joyfull if you improve later.

This is just the opinion of an 50 year old gamer, but maybe it is time to get old values up.

Best wishes

No patches can save the game!
You need to re-release it completely. Just re-do Cyberpunk 2077 as a completely different game.
With a different storyline in which there will be more freedom and role-playing.
With other prologues that will really influence the story.
With a completely different content of the open world. So that instead of stupid and monotonous contracts from the Fixers, there were normal, storyline, non-linear side quests.

The entire game must be re-released. Only this will save the game. Patches won't help.

All you've done well is shooting. Its OK.
But did we all expect this? After eight years, say - well, at least the shooting and photo mode are not bad here.

One last Thing to CDPR.
In 2012 two Space Simulations where backed by kickstarter.
One (Elite Dangerous) promised realistic Flight simulation mmo with working economy.
Another (Star Cititzen) promised arcade simulation mmo including FPS, planet landings, AI npcs, story line etc.
First one is online since 2014 .. incuded planet landings ... the real time econy working from start... exploring planets by cars and now by foot.
The second one still in Alpha (even with 60 times the amount of $ by backers)
Take a sample on Elite... promise low and bring up content in time when you know you're ready.
The community will be gratefull if you keep your promises at first and joyfull if you improve later.

This is just the opinion of an 50 year old gamer, but maybe it is time to get old values up.

Best wishes

Or better yet, don't promise anything.

Game development can be fairly unpredictable.

Which patch will put the mature content back in? Or are you just going to keep going with the PG-13 shadow patch vibe?

Guest 4494782

I'm totally loving the game overall, and I'm exploring and trying to find everything, I'm even on a 3rd playthrough... plus, I'm still waiting for my Cyberpunk 2077 Collectors Edition Guidebook from Amazon, & ALL the collectibles I could find! TOTALLY LOVE THIS GAME! despite all the bugs, glitches, and knowing that there is a large amount of cut content and that the game is drastically changed from the 2018 WIP shown back then-- it saddens me...

I hope that when ALL the necessary fixtures have been made and the game is functioning AS INTENDED, I hope that the ALLLLLLLL the features, mechanics, and goodness that was shown in 2018 will be reincorporated somehow to the game to truly make this gem shine!!! & NOT just 1 or 2 DLCs but MULTIPLE DLCS!!! (maybe 10) ?

This game HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL TO OFFER as a decent Single-player game! It's been a long time since there was a solid single-player game.

There are WAY too many games that have single-player & then later added a multiplayer side of the game only to be trolled, hacked endlessly by players -- (I.E. GTA: V)

Please don't let CP2077 become another GTA: V, ....Please just be your own awesomeness!

p.s please add a companion function, like the ability to call up Panam, or Judy, or River and ask them to tag along, do missions together, ride together, or even go on dates together, add more things to do with them, even call them up to just DO them... companionship is a good thing.

Thank you for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL your hard work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom