Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
I'm not disappointed (that much).

I wasn't on the hype train. By that I mean that I watched a trailer or two, that's all. My impressions were like "OK, futuristic First Person Shooter with story, skill tree and looting". I haven't BIG expectations like some people "Oh my God I gonna transplant my head to cyborg body and dive into the NET and storm through ICE like real hacker. " Exaggerating, but some people were THAT hyped.

Moreover I was expecting that the very first version of CP2077 will be crashing to Windows and have texture problems - just as the Witcher 3 had after the release.

I'm in my second playthrough, more than 180 hours of gameplay as female V.
Overall I really enjoy the game: spellbinding story, fast paced gory shootings and mele. Hacking and quickhacks are enjoyable for me, not that nerdy :D. Great music, artists put a lot of effort and heart into composing.
However there is always the damn "but" to paraphrase Panam Palmer :D.

But CP2077 is half baked. Or rather half assed - much better term.
  • Had to load savegames too many times because of broken mission, hanging interface elements etc.
  • Need to restart game from time to time because of FPS drops. Memory leaks?
  • No barber, limited, repetitive assortment in clothing stores. NPCs wearing fancy earrings, why V can't? Fassion my ass.
  • Why exclusive Jinguji boutique is selling Bitch t-shirts and filthy rags?
  • Glitch party, NPCs smoking invisible cigarettes, cars driving submerged in concrete and on, and on.
  • Many side quests are unfinished, cut in the middle.
  • After romance V cannot go dancing or for a beer with girlfriend/boyfriend. The other half is basically cut of.
  • Too few dialogue options. Like this cringe grill with River family. There was no escape option, player is sentenced to going to this damn tower with that pimp River.

Zombie pedestrians - noticeable. However they behave exactly like in Poland, indifferent or angrily marching onwards and ignoring everybody else :p I felt like home ;).

In my opinion CDProjekt will fix most of the bugs, but stuff like limited dialogue options and half-done quests won't be changed. Its a pity, that the game is soo unfinished. Game of big contrasts... It has

memorable moments like this:
photomode_30012021_183355.jpg

mixed with shit like this:
photomode_24012021_152706b.jpg

photomode_30012021_183355.jpgphotomode_24012021_152706b.jpg

Never heard of those before, do you have a source?

It's been tested by many people including modders. Enemies have no armor, only the player does. All they have is dmg multipliers depending on threat level. And those are the same for all enemies in the game with a separate set of numbers for the robots. Anyway, the armor piercing perk is fake (100% tested) so there goes the interpretation that those dmg multipliers are actually meant to be "armor."

As for the other thing, the underwater gameplay, it's me. I cleared the game twice. But I discussed it on Discords and seen comments in different places. When it comes to story quests and gigs, there is one guard standing by a pier in a gig about stealing some politician's sex tapes, and that's it. Feel free to correct this.

Can you explain at which point CDPR lied to you?

When you watch promo videos pretty much every sentence is a lie or hinting at an untruth. Like showcasing a pic of a car and commenting that it's good for police chases. Or showing the apartment (the only one) and saying it's the "current" apartment throughout the game (as if there were others). Or showcasing different approaches to assassinating the Animals in the GIM mission, praising the diversity, and then silently cutting this out. These are just off the top of my head. Oh and the famous "next gen AI with complex NPC routines."

Just go to youtube and search cyberpunk lies. You will find dozens and dozens. The extent of it in my opinion exceed the "overpraising" that every seller is prone to. This is plain lying about the features of the product and should be legally investigated. You cannot say your product has this or that and then sell something without it.

Last edited:
Just go to youtube and search cyberpunk lies. You will find dozens and dozens. The extent of it in my opinion exceed the "overpraising" that every seller is prone to. This is plain lying about the features of the product and should be legally investigated. You cannot say your product has this or that and then sell something without it.
But this is the thing in east asia or most of asia even and south and north america also it is more or less allowed to "lie" about products in advertising.

In europe less so because of some laws and regulations needs to be followed like not allowed to call something strawberry jam unless it actually contains real strawberries.

Advertising is not allowed to be missleading f.e. stating a fact about a product that it does not do or contain is not allowed.
So yeah in Europe this is very illegal and can lead to fines for companies and I also think this was a big reason they offered refunds because if they would not have done that they would ended up on blacklists in Europe giving problems in the future.

slightly annoyed maybe. Their communication (or lack thereof) is really fascinating. But maybe they're actually testing their patch this time in order to avoid something like the Takemura bug...
I just hope the patch will be more impressive than the last one.
I hope so.

But CP2077 is half baked. Or rather half assed - much better term.
  • No barber, limited, repetitive assortment in clothing stores. NPCs wearing fancy earrings, why V can't? Fassion my ass.
  • Why exclusive Jinguji boutique is selling Bitch t-shirts and filthy rags?
This is quite irritating. I spent a lot of my first play-through trying to find interesting stuff to wear and eventually had to resort to model-swapping. Which in itself is also oddly restrictive because of clipping issues.

But the Jinguji store... it's mental that NC's most prestigious clothier that you hear the NPCs talking about in gasps and whispers has probably about the worst selection of sheer tat, no schematics and a vendor with probably the least cash of any of the game's outfitters. Even after his quest when you think maybe he'll finally have something worthwhile... nothing changes.

• After romance V cannot go dancing or for a beer with girlfriend/boyfriend. The other half is basically cut of.
  • Too few dialogue options. Like this cringe grill with River family. There was no escape option, player is sentenced to going to this damn tower with that pimp River.
The thing with River was frustrating and quite weird as it was one of the better-written quests in some ways but had some glaring oversights in others. e.g. not being able to tell him way in advance that my V is already in a relationship; and given that she's in a relationship with Judy, she's not going to be reeling off tales about ex-boyfriends as boys aren't her thing. Which would've also been a much nicer way of letting River down.

I suppose I'm just putting all this stuff down to too many elements of the game's development being rushed, whether left too late or released too soon (or probably both).
Post automatically merged:

Or showing the apartment (the only one) and saying it's the "current" apartment throughout the game (as if there were others).
I'm thinking that there were supposed to be others: I suspect that it was at least planned that V could move in with Judy, River, the Aldecaldos etc but all seem to be conspicuously unfinished in various ways. Similarly the "rooftop mansion" you can see from the window in H10 which I suspect to have been intended as an upgrade at some point: it seems quite incongruous that as V becomes increasingly successful and renowned (and wealthy) that she's still living in some squalid rented bedsit on the arse level of a megabuilding, and taking a tour around the rooftop place makes it obvious it was intended for V to use, complete with stash (though no toilet...) But again, conspicuously unfinished so AIUI they repurposed it as a backdrop in an obscure quest that most players will probably miss. Quite disappointing, really.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that there were supposed to be others: I suspect that it was at least planned that V could move in with Judy, River, the Aldecaldos etc but all seem to be conspicuously unfinished in various ways. Similarly the "rooftop mansion" you can see from the window in H10 which I suspect to have been intended as an upgrade at some point: it seems quite incongruous that as V becomes increasingly successful and renowned (and wealthy) that she's still living in some squalid rented bedsit on the arse level of a megabuilding, and taking a tour around the rooftop place makes it obvious it was intended for V to use, complete with stash (though no toilet...) But again, conspicuously unfinished so AIUI they repurposed it as a backdrop in an obscure quest that most players will probably miss. Quite disappointing, really.

The "rooftop mansion" is...
an end game apartment for V, and you do get to play in it, rather briefly.

[Constructive Criticism] [GAME SPOILERS] Dear CDPR, PLEASE tell me that one of the DLCs is going to add better endings to the game. I speak for most of the cyberpunk community when I say that I am very disappointed by the endings because there was not a single good/happy ending. WHY? It's so depressing to go through the whole game and V is going to die no matter what. Not only that, when you finish the end credits, it brings you back to just before meeting Hanako at Embers which makes you feel like you did the whole ending for nothing because you're back to where you started. I guarantee that if you add at LEAST one good, happy ending where once you have finished it, it leaves you where you are in the ending to play in free-mode (for example, you successfully remove the biochip, saving V's life and leave Night City with Judy and the Aldecaldos, but when the credits are done, instead of being brought back to before meeting Hanako, you are now at the place where they moved to after leaving Night City. This would make it feel like you actually completed the game and all the problems are now solved. That's just one idea) people would enjoy the game way more. I loved the game the whole way, even with the bugs, until the ending ruined it. Please at the least take this into consideration because I guarantee you (as someone who is in university for a degree in game design) it will make the game SO MUCH BETTER. I would literally rather have this done than have any of the bugs removed if I had to choose. Thanks for reading.
Edit: I will add a quote from my reply to ya1 because he brings a good point: "If they don't want to let V survive then at least allow the player to free roam where the story ends. So they could do something like in Red Dead 2 (spoilers) where when the main game ends and Arthur dies, you play as John in the epilogue and continue the story instead of being put back before the ending as they did in Cyberpunk. It made me feel like all I just did was for nothing so they should at least let you play as Judy or Panam in an epilogue. That would make the story better ".

Last edited:
[...] I bet CDPR is not really "committed to quality." They are committed to getting the game back to PS Store. According to their statement, the 1.2 patch they are still diddle-daddling on at moment will solve none of the following quality issues: AI, no endgame, broken, shallow, amateurishly and carelessly designed mechanics, poor level of open world content, etc. It will mostly fix stability and performance on old gen.

The aforementioned issues were never even officially recognized except when they were indirectly denied with the "we're proud of PC version" meme (good poker face tho).

Please at the least take this into consideration (adding a happy ending) because I guarantee you (as someone who is in university for a degree in game design) it will make the game SO MUCH BETTER.

How would re-writing the plot conclusion into a cliche embedded in literally 99.999% of popular fiction make the game better? Heroes often die in good stories. That's one way of showing their lives mattered. And sorry if it sounds weird but the fact that you call for a happy ending instead of addressing the numerous and gargantuan problems with the actual game design you have a degree in... it puts a few things into question.

CDPR should absolutely not waste a second trying to improve the story and the narrative. The game is already very good at that. This is the reason why some people are still invested in the game (that and boredom) - because it's just hard to accept that in a world and a story like that they put such an unfinished turd of a "game." Everybody (well, almost...) already know that the content of the package is crap. So why would they still spend time and money making the package prettier?

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] I bet CDPR is not really "committed to quality." They are committed to getting the game back to PS Store. According to their statement, the 1.2 patch they are still diddle-daddling on at moment will solve none of the following quality issues: AI, no endgame, broken, shallow, amateurishly and carelessly designed mechanics, poor level of open world content, etc. It will mostly fix stability and performance on old gen.

The aforementioned issues were never even officially recognized except when they were indirectly denied with the "we're proud of PC version" meme (good poker face tho).

How would re-writing the plot conclusion into a cliche embedded in literally 99.999% of popular fiction make the game better? Heroes often die in good stories. That's one way of showing their lives mattered. And sorry if it sounds weird but the fact that you call for a happy ending instead of addressing the numerous and gargantuan problems with the actual game design you have a degree in... it puts a few things into question.

CDPR should absolutely not waste a second trying to improve the story and the narrative. The game is already very good at that. This is the reason why some people are still invested in the game (that and boredom) - because it's just hard to accept that in a world and a story like that they put such an unfinished turd of a "game." Everybody (well, almost...) already know that the content of the package is crap. So why would they still spend time and money making the package prettier?
Well for me the horrible endings actually take away the replayability. Why would I want to experience the sadness over and over again? I would consider a happy ending a huge leap towards the right direction.

Edgy is not better just because it's not a "cliche". And I most definitely would enjoy the game content too more if I knew I'd be rewarded with what my whole goal is though out the game. As things are, committing suicide right after the heist is the most logical step.

When you watch promo videos pretty much every sentence is a lie or hinting at an untruth. Like showcasing a pic of a car and commenting that it's good for police chases. Or showing the apartment (the only one) and saying it's the "current" apartment throughout the game (as if there were others). Or showcasing different approaches to assassinating the Animals in the GIM mission, praising the diversity, and then silently cutting this out. These are just off the top of my head. Oh and the famous "next gen AI with complex NPC routines."

I have, and all i seen is devs talks about how game is and journalists twisting devs words into something else. There are some minor features that were removed if you ONLY listen to what the devs actually say and most of those are balance issues which i personally understand as a game developer.

PC user, and I am also having a ton of fun playing this game, even though I have had to start over 2 times; first time got stuck in Rocky Ridge unable to scan devices, second time at Clouds I tried to get cute and managed to cut back across the balconies to Clouds entrance to see if I could get my weapons from their storage locker - nope, and couldn't climb back the way I came down lol. I honestly find myself cruising on the bike with the radio cranked for at least 30 minutes per session. I also enjoy the learning curve for the controls, and checking out Meredith's ink! Keep the updates rolling in and thanks for a truly beautiful game.

I support the game, the franchise. the question asked is; why give your support to a crappy game?
there are many reasons, too long to explain {again} here.
Obviously I have complaints against CDPR, one in particular;
Why did you authorize the sale when the staff knew 100% the game was a total failure on consoles old gen? and PS5; scandalous, it must be admitted.
I like this game for the content, political or not, whatever. however I keep my feet on the ground; I was, like everyone else, scammed.

I pre-ordered this game; once not twice. no, never again. on this point I was stupid. wait to see the content; I dared to flout my classics of life.

Will you add 3rd person? And thank you very much for the hard work
Bro I'm glad you spoke on this subject matter. Because we the people are the very support and success of this game. They just need to give the people what they want 3rd person action and the options to wear jewelry.

Throughout the game I was loving the story and everything until the end when the ending ruined everything. If they don't want to let V survive then at least allow the player to free roam where the story ends. So they could do something like in Red Dead 2 (spoilers) where when the main game ends and Arthur dies, you play as John in the epilogue and continue the story instead of being put back before the ending like they did in Cyberpunk. It made me feel like all I just did was for nothing so they should at least let you play as Judy or Panam in an epilogue. That would make the story better, don't deny that.

Top Bottom