Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
The issue is the lack of support for AVX commands in intel cpus released prior to 2012. The game assumes that the cpus support the command, so when the cpu gets it, gets confused and crashes the application. That is what it means by EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D) . I myself run a xeon w3690 from 2011. Whenever I attempt to sit in the chair in the corpo lifepath the game crashes.

There is currently nothing we can do besides wait for cdpr to release a version of the game that doesn't issue AVX commands for older cpus. The minimum cpu spec is from 2012, so it supports AVX. Due to this, we aren't guaranteed an update any time soon, as we technically are below minimum spec even if our cpus are faster.

The game is out since 1 day and people already want to be refunded lmao

come on look at witcher series launches
they where waaay bether and the cdproject red kinda build the a reputation
now they are destroying it and changing in to EA and Ubisoft only thing that they need now is microtransaction
at this point it would not even suprise me it for cosmetics and stuff

i was trying to update dx12 but its sayd im on latests version ;/ still got this crash
message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.

File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp
yeah same, we waiting to find the solution or waiting the devs to patch it

The issue is the lack of support for AVX commands in intel cpus released prior to 2012. The game assumes that the cpus support the command, so when the cpu gets it, gets confused and crashes the application. That is what it means by EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D) . I myself run a xeon w3690 from 2011. Whenever I attempt to sit in the chair in the corpo lifepath the game crashes.

There is currently nothing we can do besides wait for cdpr to release a version of the game that doesn't issue AVX commands for older cpus. The minimum cpu spec is from 2012, so it supports AVX. Due to this, we aren't guaranteed an update any time soon, as we technically are below minimum spec even if our cpus are faster.

check this one
where does it say i need a cpu above 2012? they speak clearly about a game performnce

I got same issue i have an i7 that doesn't support AVX and i crash exit bar as street kid, and as nomad i crash after video sequence of night city back in my car

that might be the issue for some, but still it can not be the general source since a lot of people get crashed with AVX. I myself run a i7 4790, which may not be especially powerful but it still above even recommended specs, and yet i can't even start the game.

had enought off this nonsense talk , its nowhat related to avx, i play it without avx cpu fine, when it crashes in night city, its a bug from game, not from some missing cpu features, load previous last autosave, then just load the latest one where it crashes, and it loads and continues the story fine for a while until you encouter the same, running this game with g4560 at decent framrate and no avx for sure. and that workaround works. cause its game bug.

Amd Phenom X6 1090T/12G/R9270x
Error on pressing "Play"

Code:
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
File: <Unknown>(0)

My rig might be outdated

check this one
where does it say i need a cpu above 2012? they speak clearly about a game performnce
I understand. My cpu has no issues running the game and even leaves the minimum spec in the dust. The only issue CDPR's use of AVX commands

had enought off this nonsense talk , its nowhat related to avx, i play it without avx cpu fine, when it crashes in night city, its a bug from game, not from some missing cpu features, load previous last autosave, then just load the latest one where it crashes, and it loads and continues the story fine for a while until you encouter the same, running this game with g4560 at decent framrate and no avx for sure. and that workaround works. cause its game bug.
Lol,Felipe?

What you're not getting is that those of us with older CPUs are being told by CDPR that the game doesn't support our CPUs. This is the official support line.

The specific scene I'm refering to is the chair in the corpo line. Everyone without AVX crashes at this point. You may be running into a different issue than the one I am describing. This thread on gog goes into further detail.

What you're not getting is that those of us with older CPUs are being told by CDPR that the game doesn't support our CPUs. This is the official support line.
the point is game runs fine, some few cutscenes crash is easily workable with loading previous save and then the latest, and play again for good hour depending on what spot it cuts.
Post automatically merged:

The specific scene I'm refering to is the chair in the corpo line. Everyone without AVX crashes at this point. You may be running into a different issue than the one I am describing. This thread on gog goes into further detail.
im sure about what you talking, i went the other path to try also in begining , and that works with chair also ,save trick works fine with it.

Man... I totally regret pre-ordering this game a year ago... I mean, CD Projekt Red knocked it out of the park with Witcher 3, now they can't even release a game without it crashing 5 min in.... mine crashes to desktop when attempting to sit in the chair during the boardroom thing for the Corpo Rat mission. Literally like 5 min in. Crash with an unhandled exception while the game apparently attempts to access forbidden memory sectors. I am seriously disappointed right now. Delayed a year to "perfect" it, and it barely executes and immediately crashes.

Before you ask, I turned OFF all RTX stuff (running a 2070 Super), put all settings on LOW, turned off ALL GoG overlays. I've even tried executing the game without GoG client running. Always, ALWAYS, CTDs on the chair sit animation.

File: <Unknown>(0)
Yup, same here... started as street kid and game crashes every time I try to leave the bar. Super frustrating, given all the extra dev time that was supposed to resolve launch issues...

that might be the issue for some, but still it can not be the general source since a lot of people get crashed with AVX. I myself run a i7 4790, which may not be especially powerful but it still above even recommended specs, and yet i can't even start the game.

AVX problems occur for everyone at the sames places, inside the game, for exemple, exiting the bar with street guy.

the point is game runs fine, some few cutscenes crash is easily workable with loading previous save and then the latest, and play again for good hour depending on what spot it cuts.
Post automatically merged:

im sure about what you talking, i went the other path to try also in begining , and that works with chair also ,save trick works fine with it.
Oh, I agree with you there, I was using the save/load workaround. Just don't expect CDPR to do anything about the bug, based on reports by those of us with older CPUs.

AVX problems occur for everyone at the sames places, inside the game, for exemple, exiting the bar with street guy.
I am aware of that. the thing is that bottom line everyone gets a variation of this

it may be different file code, but the error structure is the same for both people whose rigs support AVX and for those whose don't. So it can not be the GENERAL source of the errors.

No, that's not the case, CDPR-Support has answered me otherwise. The more people without an AVX-cpu will write to the CDPR-support, the sooner we could get a patch.

I got an i7-920, which does not support AVX and the CDPR-support just wrote me this:

---
CDPR-Support:

Hi again,

We are aware of the issue, and we are looking into it.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Magpie M.

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 at 16:57, xxx <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer!

I realized, my CPU (Intel i7-920) doesn't have the required AVX instruction set.

Will there be a patch for non-AVX-CPU's? Please say yes, as upgrading my system would cost me hundreds of euros i don't have atm...

Kind regards,
xxx

---

The same here. Game crashes every time I exiting the bar at the beginning of the game. Every graphics settings. Nothing helps.

Top Bottom