Cyberpunk 2077 UI?

+
Cyberpunk 2077 UI?

"CyberPunk 2077 UI Assets Possibly Discovered
It seems as though it will have a Mass Effect/Fallout style dialog wheel.
[...]
Reddit user TheLastWitcher has shared an extremely specific snippet of information with us pertaining to CyberPunk– UI assets for the game from its development. You can see them for yourself below- it seems as though CD Projekt RED plans for CyberPunk to have a Mass Effect style dialog wheel. And to those questioning the veracity of this image, it was found in The Witcher 3‘s files."

Source:
http://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-2077-ui-assets-possibly-discovered

Last edited:
so...something lodged in the witcher 3's files is important to a game we're not likely to see for at least over a year yet why exactly?

first off, a conversation wheel is a clean way to present different options to the player, especially in a system where you aren't playing 1 character with a distinct personality. I don't understand why people hate them so much. so long as it isn't fallout 4's completely uninspired approach where the options are just single words with no contextual information, the wheel can work just the same as a numbered list of options, and it's not like we're going to be able to have the game read our mic's input and translate it to the NPC instead of having a list of options in some form yet anyways.

secondly, I fail to see why something in the witcher 3's files that is a leftover from that game's development has any bearing on what will end up getting used in CP2077. getting worked up over this is silly at best. I'll get worked up over them showing a game screenshot with a fallout 4 conversation wheel where all of the options are maybe 2 words, not over a sprite that is hidden deep within a different game. TW3's whole menu system changed during development, why should I get worked up over this when we have seen nothing of CP2077?

this is clickbait and nothing more. calm down, it's gonna be ok. :affection:

I don't understand why people hate them so much. so long as it isn't fallout 4's completely uninspired approach where the options are just single words with no contextual information, the wheel can work just the same as a numbered list of options

Well, it may work in a game like Mass Effect or The Witcher (one character, one story-line), but if they really plan on doing a "customisable RPG" as they somewhat said, having only 4 dialog option is the best way to dumb-down the RP part.
You can't actually put "that much" on screen, so you just choose what's the closer you want you character to say.
Sure, it's convenient, but a list is IMO more apropriate, you can even add lines who'd don't add anything except for making the game more immersive and developping the lore, having taunt, or anything.

You just can't do that with a 4 button dialog made of short sentences.

It's probably nothing, but wheel dialogue sucks ass when it comes to "RPG".
What would have been Fallout 2/Baldur Gates with a wheel dialogue?

having only 4 dialog option

I don't want to make this into a big deal, but who says there would be only 4 options "even if" there is a dialogue wheel? ME games never had only 6 options with their wheels. There were usually some sub-menus there; like you select an option and it brings you to a new wheel with 6 more options. So yeah, dialogue wheel was not a bad idea per se. Bethesda just went incredibly stupid with it :) Dialogue wheel was an idea to make it easier to "navigate" through dialogue options, it originally had nothing to do with the dialogue options themselves. But a company that was losing its touch thanks to being purchased by EA and losing its founders, and a company that stopped making RPGs and started making sandbox action games made some really bad work with them; with their unimaginativeness (Is that even a word?). So yeah, let's not jump to conclusions with this.

Now, I myself would prefer a list of choices for the PC version (or at least a choice to use it like that). But I also would agree that it's probably easy to navigate a wheel on consoles. As long as they don't dumb the dialogue system down - which they are saying that they are doing some exciting stuff with, and give a huge emphasis to - I don't see the harm. And also like @matsif says, it's waaaaaay too early for this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom