Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to recall ...
Some game I read about a while back said they were going to use multiple languages. If your character got a translator then, and only then, would you hear all the game dialog in the language of your choice.

Such a thing wouldn't be too hard to implement as most games are translated into multiple languages anyway.

Wow, I hadn't though of it that way. Assuming that the game would only be voiceacted in one version, the English one, I thought it would be crazy to do the simultaneous translator thing. But seeing how the Witcher 3 has been dubbed in various languages, it could be like changing languages on the fly, you would be presented with the audiofiles for that dialogue in that language. Still, maybe CP2077 will only have an English version, but if it uses a similar philosophy... it could work.

Actually this would mean less voice acting so less work on that part.
Why ? Because The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt was localized in 15 languages which mean that every line in the Witcher 3 script have been translated 15 times !

But in the Cyberpunk 2077 idea of language translator implant each line has to be voice acted only one time. Because if I encounter a Japanese NPC he will speak only Japanese and the implant I'll have will translate it (more or less accurately) in my own language (French for me). So this way you possibly can localize the game in as much country as the number of languages you will have translated the game (in written words this time).

To make the implant more or less efficient you can for example make a good translation and then for a worst translation you ask the computer to put words in the wrong position in the sentence or simply to delete words or ask the computer to look in a library an to replace a word with an other with the same prononciation but with another meaning.

I'm trying to recall ...
Some game I read about a while back said they were going to use multiple languages. If your character got a translator then, and only then, would you hear all the game dialog in the language of your choice.

Such a thing wouldn't be too hard to implement as most games are translated into multiple languages anyway.

Wow, I hadn't though of it that way. Assuming that the game would only be voiceacted in one version, the English one, I thought it would be crazy to do the simultaneous translator thing. But seeing how the Witcher 3 has been dubbed in various languages, it could be like changing languages on the fly, you would be presented with the audiofiles for that dialogue in that language. Still, maybe CP2077 will only have an English version, but if it uses a similar philosophy... it could work.

Actually this would mean less voice acting so less work on that part.
Why ? Because The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt was localized in 15 languages which mean that every line in the Witcher 3 script have been translated 15 times !

But in the Cyberpunk 2077 idea of language translator implant each line has to be voice acted only one time. Because if I encounter a Japanese NPC he will speak only Japanese and the implant I'll have will translate it (more or less accurately) in my own language (French for me). So this way you possibly can localize the game in as much country as the number of languages you will have translated the game (in written words this time).

To make the implant more or less efficient you can for example make a good translation and then for a worst translation you ask the computer to put words in the wrong position in the sentence or simply to delete words or ask the computer to look in a library an to replace a word with an other with the same prononciation but with another meaning.

maybe we should reactivate our old thread which was exactly about this topic to keep the discussion going

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/27319-CDPR-about-languages-in-the-game

I would like to see 2 Factions or more, the Cyberpunks who are outlaws who get hunted by humans. I want a war between the humans and the Cyberpunks! And the Protagonist can choose between these two races.

Probably been mentioned already but could we get something like the Codex from ME/DA or W3's Glossary to help clue people in on the background info? I've always enjoyed reading that stuff.

I've not been to forums since like ... cant remember
just joined to say I'm super excited about this project.
Basically what I would like to see is fallout 2/deus ex type of fusion.
I know fallout isnt cyberpunk in any way but in terms of rpg - it is my favourite.
Stylistically something close to bladerunner would be a total fav.
thank you for doing this.

It would be good if in the beginning you can't understand all languages but you need to enhance your technology in order to translate those languages (just like in MGS V The Phantom Pain or even better because the city is a big center of multilingual people coming from all over the places)

If i had enough money i would let Daft Punk to make some new soundtracks for the game (they made music in Tron Legacy, so why not in Cyberpunk 2077?). I think that would be awesome.

If i had enough money i would let Daft Punk to make some new soundtracks for the game (they made music in Tron Legacy, so why not in Cyberpunk 2077?). I think that would be awesome.

Would be cool... would be even cooler if we had cyberheads with Leds inspired by Daft Punk, and that these leds would show words and icons in place for actual mocapped facial expressions.

THey could also ask someone like Phillip Glass. I don't espescially like his minimalist style but his film music could fit in well in the dark future. It would deff. set CP2077 apart from Tron and the likes.

Last edited:
THey could also ask someone like Phillip Glass. I don't espescially like his minimalist style but his film music could fit in well in the dark future. It would deff. set CP2077 apart from Tron and the likes.

That's not a bad idea actually. Glass is a bit of a hit/miss composer, at his best he's really great at his worst unbearably boring, but his work could well fit for CP. If for nothing else than to provide that odd contrast of moods through rather simplistic tones against highly complex world.

As long as you can play as an Exotic, mod the game and do in-depth roleplaying stuff (this IS a videogame for a pen & paper rpg after all) I'll be happy with it.

First time on this forum, so I will read later its content. Anyway, playing The Witcher 3 (and tons of RPG, ARGP, JRPG, TRPG,... things finishing with RPG letters), I'd request the Dev Team to NOT reproduce some mechanics, looking pretty old to me.

I mean the "You can't use this Level 27 Sword as you are Level 15". WTF dudes? How it comes in life to not be able to use weapons or anything I should be master of, because my "level" is too low. I mean (TW3), Geralt is a sword master but he can't use a sword because? because? There is a DNA lock checking his level inside? Same for armors.

Meaning I really hope C2077 will think about a much more elegant way to lock weapons/armors than "level is too low". And you are not forced at all to lock them. If I find a craft plan, then I have all items, and find the guy who can craft it (if not myself 'cause I'm a Cyber Craft Expert), I MUST be able to use it NOW... not in 5 or 10 levels (got a weapon in TW3 that is 10 levels above mine... fuck it).

Let's make the RPG evolved more and more.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but a section of the game where technology fails or isn't present at all. It would be a great way to introduce new mechanics and keep the protagonist from feeling too overpowered.

I know it's been mentioned a million times before, but I'll say it again. Forget Skyrim. Look at Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines for inspiration and force everyone in the dev team to play it. Forget mini-maps and quest markers. Don't even allow an option for them.

This is your chance to finally be the studio that makes the worlds next actual, legitimate, ultra immersive urban RPG.

I know it's been mentioned a million times before, but I'll say it again. Forget Skyrim. Look at Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines for inspiration and force everyone in the dev team to play it. Forget mini-maps and quest markers. Don't even allow an option for them.

This is your chance to finally be the studio that makes the worlds next actual, legitimate, ultra immersive urban RPG.

Agreed. Mostly. I think the player should be set out to find his own way through things with clear enough verbal/written instructions.

Although, Nars is also right in that some of these things can well be added through gameplay/systemic mechanics. Perhpas you have some sort of eye enhancement that provides you the minimap and possibly detects movement in your immediate surroundings based on your awareness/notice skill (of course just a possibility, there should be the ability to fail the check). Perhaps you have obtained some sort of GPS device that can later be integrated to yout vision so you don't always need to dig it from your pockets, where you can mark a general target location and perhaps later even a target person or object if your system can bypass the possible security firewalls. And multitude of other possibilities. Something the player needs to achieve through gameplay (and by choice) rather than simply from options menu (eg. maybe these area/person/object locators take room from some other augmentations that you might find useful in some other ways... make a choice, build the kind of character that best suits you).

Stuff like that. Organic in-game/in-world devices and features (with tradeoffs) rather than options menu checkboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom