Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also must mention that collectibles of some sort should be in CP 2077, whether it's some sort of hidden packages (that unlock something after collecting 10 let's say). The collectibles can contribute to upgrades, or something else that relates to your skill tree.

I don't know much about Cyberpunk and I'm wondering if there is a feature which might lead to a "second vision" implemented to the game? Like Witcher's Sense or AC's "Eagle Vision" or whatever vision it is in Deus Ex: MD make's you see through walls, highlight objects etc but at the same time fucks up the graphics with weird effects, wonky zooming or with making the world around you look "computurized" : p. Yeah I hate it. Sure you don't "have to" use it but you "should" use it in every 15 secs or so to not miss stuff.

Anyway, I hope something like this won't be in CP77.

---

Also are there gonna be drivable cars in the game? I always imagined it would be something like an open-world version of latest Deus Ex games in the sense of what we will/won't be able to do in the game. If this is true, well I don't know what to think(yet) except we'd need a bigger game world.

CDPR does a great job with their games so I have faith in whatever they create. All I ask is that you make the game Co-Op for the few of us who have been dying for a Co-Op RPG game.

- Attractive/badass character models. Too many RPGs offer in-depth customization, however the character models are always a bit lack luster and bland no matter what you do.

- Enticing and rich environments that draw the player more and more into the experience when traveling from one place to the next.

- Fresh voice acting, tight controls, and a decent story.

- Moderately difficult and rewarding

- Replay value.

From Deus Ex for example I quite liked the heist you did, it would be really good to expand on this so for example if you came across some bank robbers there could be a number of heists to do that would also increase in difficulty as you progress but also offer a different route to the end game. They introduce you to characters who might then take you down a different path.and offer unique upgrades only found through this part of the story for infiltration etc

I would just really like the choice and to be able to follow it through vs just a couple of random side missions, being able to start with small banks then as you gain recognition more high value targets, government installations and high security buidlings that leads to perhaps actaully being recruited or hired to carry out assasinations by shady characters within the city.

All this could start with a random NPC at a low level but braches out into the underworld and criminal gangs but could end with you being a highly sought after theif or assasin with specific skills you cant get without going down this path.

Much like Gwent in Withcer 3 I just wished there was another layer like more competitions or high stakes that respawned with different characters etc that you could place side bets with as well the main pot. That way if Gwent or a particular side quest you enjoy comes up there are many layers of depth to them that open up new story options or tech that you cant find any other way or gives you underground contacts that again open up new quests and tasks.

Just like pulling a string I suppose before you know it you have found multiple new characters and different jobs/ways of making money or upgrading that you cant find without engaging in dark activities. This could all be seperate to the main story completley or if you follow it far enough could tie in with a different ending.

I also really like tower defense type games and although it was touched on at the end of Witcher 3 having a home base that you can develop and upgrade over time would be nice but there has to be a reason for that and perhaps some end game type where you need to manage defenses and resources to defend what you have. I think they really missed this trick in Fallout with the settlements and was lacking for me in this area as it became pointless.

Reading many of the comments ultimatley having the choice to go down any path we choose I think is important and each path has to give unique choices, game play and items.

I also like to use my mind in games so for things like hacking or navigatring security it would be good to actually make these a little complex or based on real life applicaitons. To actually hack something takes not only skills in game but also your brain to work out complex puzzles or math formulas.

But then being a world of tech you could also plant key loggers on computers or viruses to activate web cams and mics to snope on people like our Governments already do now. This would be a cool and scary nod to real life that allows you to get passwords or data from unsuspecting people who you could see doing all sorts in their home at the wrong time. Things like masterbating, having sex or taking drugs. All this could be used to blackmail random people later if you wanted, control politicions, influence decisions, obtain info or just for fun.

Setting up hidden cameras or being able to check if an NPC had an unencypted wi-fi router would also be good ways to infiltate and obtain data for heists or main missions.

All the tech and your decisions on how to use the technology would then define your character, how you are treated, what missions come up and the types of people you meet through the game.

- male/female character creation , with deep customization like voice , personality ...)
- nice movement like uncharted for example.
- a LOT of amazing HIDING side quests , don't make them all too obvious.
- first/3rd person view .
- Npcs interacting with each other like: (fighting,talking...).. so that you feel like the world is living without you (skyrim did that very well, fallout 4 a bit less)
- lockpicking because i didn't like the fact that i can take or steal anything anywhere easily .
- rich and well crafted areas that you may not see them if you don't explore the world .. it's rewarding and i really like it !
- environment interacting like for example sitting in a bar , we couldn't do that in witcher 3...
- finally . i want to be able to build my house for example like fallout 4 . and thanks :D

Last edited:
A place for the character to call a home and interaction with things and people in there.

(For example)
A musky small bar with an entrance under a flashing old neon sign, with a small, dedicated clientele who all know each other and pass the time safe away from the dark rain talking, drinking, arguing and passing out on the single well loved sofa.

A motorbike garage&shop, run by a parent and child, with their friends visiting to talk, help and to tune their rides. Every day is a new problem, fixed with the help of others around you.

A manga&computer cafe, much like the bar, with select clientele knowing each other, playing both computer and role playing games together.

Because home might not really be where you sleep. Hell, you could sleep in the gutter, or a single bed capsule apartment. Home is where your "family" is, whatever that word might mean to the character.

The only video game that provides this kind of comfy atmosphere is Space Station 13, while playing cargo. Cargo is your kingdom, and your fellow cargomen and women almost always are there to keep your back whenever shit hits the fan, be it alien attack, traitors or wizards. Little things like the ability to hack cargo computer and call contraband stuff like posters to decorate your little kingdom just adds to the feeling. You are doing something a bit illegal just to make your place more like YOUR place. Where you and your fellow cargo technicians can do their work efficiently but still have fun.

Suhiira;n7390700 said:
Yeah, W3 got this pretty well. Nothing breaks a world more then NPCs doing nothing until you interact with them, or not being able to interact with them at all even if it's only for them to tell you F off!

yeah i hope they make the npcs interacting because . i loved it in skyrim when i sit in a tavern and look at people talking to each other and sometimes the lady comes to me so that i order something . in W3 you're the one that search for conversations.

Personally I'd like to see this game with as less puzzles as possible. If you are tired after working all day and you just want to relax and play a little with a good game you shouldn't utilize detective skills to solve major problems. That wouldn't be fun or relaxing at all.
Also there was a great game back in the '90s. It's called Neuromancer. I'd like to see that kind of cyberspace/cyberwarfare/hacking in Cyberpunk 2077.

-multi weapon sheath system that display's more than just one weapon at a time on the avatar.
- a sense of ownership of the gameworld. Purchase a home, customize it deeply.
-movable objects (a la skyrim)
-placable objects
- many forms of vehicle transportation that includes ways to customize your vehicle.
- A sense of ownership... I can't stress this enough. I loved the witcher 3, but I never felt ownership over anything. Even roach. I do like how deep you could do the skills and basic armor/weapons, but I just never felt like I lived in the world for this very reason. I realize this works for the game and isn't game breaking in any way don't get wrong. For example. I wish I could have bought a boat. Made some options to make it feel like my own, and used and maintained that one boat. The boats just are there, and you use them as utility but I never felt like it was mine.

Thats about it for now :)

-i want to see from this especially this RPG is more marketplaces like assassins creed 2 buy and sell it self the market not just the parts for the character but deeper and no one town one market ... and black market ... it will be the best in this RPG
the other it will be good is to give the character the ability to craft the parts or the weapons but not like The Witcher but with the power in the market it have especially in black market ... enjoyable :) and other things the ability to craft unique items ...

-the best in character build is to be lot of kinds of trees like L2 for example the dwarf who it is and crafter is no need to be lot of kinds of characters to do so...

Last edited:
One thing that set the Witcher series apart from other similar games is that it had a very strong cast of characters, and made a point to develop them all. They had distinct personalities and idiosyncrasies which brought them alive, and they were presented immediately upon meeting the character. When you meet Ciri, she outwits Geralt and Vesemir. You meet Thaler as he is giving trolls cussing lessons. But most importantly, Geralt was a fully developed character, and a separate entity from the player. Because of this, you cared about him in a way you could never care about the Vault Dweller or the Dragonborn. This improved the story immeasurably. I hope to see that again in Cyberpunk. Character customization sounds cool, but it seems to inevitably result in the player character being an uninteresting Mary Sue. If thats the price of customization, its simply not worth it.

i belive i got to this thread to late... but maybe with dlc/ expansion my suggestions will be considerd...
1) a deeper skill and gear customization, it was good in the witcher 3 but far from perfect. maybe add an additonal trait skills from gameplay choises a la witcher 2.

2) make every skill tree had an uber, turn tabler reacharable skill semilair to adrenaline from witcher 2, but more accesible (in witcher 2 you could had the skill the earliest in the end of act one)
that skill in semilar way of limt breaks and overdrive from final fantasy or devil trigger from devil may cry, can be tacticali be use agains powerful enemys and bosses.

3) make skills scale in new game plus. in witcher 3, new game plus was nice, but some builds were renderd useless beacuse they did not scale and do unntoicalbe damage to enemies.

4) one thing i loved in the witcher 3 game that there was a veriaty of end game gear depending on play and skills available. expand on that evan more and it will be evan more awesome.

5) maybe shield field generators like those in borderlands but make them eith a twist- like rare end game gear.

6)regarding story and charecters i really can't complain. keep up the level of writing in your previous games, and im good :)

7) like some said here already add custumable base where you can store your gear and personelize ahouse or apartment in the night city. a personl parking for your car and giant mecha will be nice ;)

8) add vehicles customization. like spped boosters, improved handeling and stuff like that.

9) i know it's ment to be a humongous game but expansions are not nessceraly a bad thing if you do them right :) and YOU can do it!

10) add optional super bosses, and make the final boss a really tough cookie. make them. make the super bosses worth the challange by making the rewards for defeating them epic.

that is what i can think of right now. i trust the game will be awesome!!!

As some other have suggested, I also am late to this party as I was late to the Witcher 3 ( Just finished it recently and won't make that mistake with this). All I ask for is that you keep us involved with the characters in the game that we will inevitably come to love. As I got further and further along in the game, characters felt more and more "used up" in the sense that they had nothing to say about what was currently going on in the world once their quest lines were complete. I almost enjoy the character development in these games more than the story of the game itself (probably the reason the mass effect series is my current all time favorites), and I felt that I had no reason to care about a character such as Dandelion after Caberet was done because they had no further impact on the story or anything to say about the story. Now this can be brushed off with limited means of communication but in a futuristic game there isn't an excuse for it (email, communicators, etc). Even characters that are with you in the end game story missions such as Triss and Yen gain literally zero additional dialogue about the current events once the essentially scripted scenes were over. That being said, if that is my ONLY complaint about a game, it means the game was spectacular. Here's hoping that for this project they have found a way to incorporate the main characters throughout the story in little ways between the "cut scenes" that make it even more impossible to put the controller down and go to sleep.

Yeah, I'm using a player made follower in Skyrim right now and I love that whoever put it together took the time to add at least one line of unique dialog for each major (even the non main story-line ones) quest in the game AND depending on your relationship with them their dialog also changes.

I actually look forward to hearing what they have to say when I start something new rather then dreading another generic repeat.

Last edited:
Since people have already stated everything I'll just say keep the gameplay complex and diverse. Have lots of different options to deal with quests/missions(not just story & dialogue wise gameplay wise have different options) and have large build diversity. Also bonus tip please focus on making good responsive controls this time around for the love of god. 3 games you've people made and all of them have abysmal controls. If you don't know to how design proper controls just copy MGSV.

Last edited:
I know this is not Rockstar, but it would be fun if I we can kill anyone we want, or make a mode where we can kill people here and there. Nah, just kidding lol

If you do everything right like you did with The Witcher, that alone would be good enough but might I suggest a rather complex combat system? Where the player might have to memorize certain techniques to deal with multiple enemies or a boss, these moves do not have to be used, but they will be there as an option...

And I do not know how it would go with your gameplan but a pre-built character (much like Geralt) would be nice and not the usual build-your-own character RPGs, I think this will help with consistency and we will feel more into the character if they have a backstory. Clearly I am opposed by many with that suggestion, but whatever you see fit.

FINALLY, my main suggestion is to make your choices matter more than just one or two dialogue options, at times I got completely different endings because I chose a dialogue that seemed a little more enticing. As in you have to do extra work to make a character happy or create your own plan to save someone or something of the sort.

Here's to Cyberpunk 2077.

I wish you'd consider to implement the possibilities for player to enjoy / roll-play as a normal citizen of the world.
-taking the public transportations.
-sitting on benches and just looking at people passing by.
-smoking cigarette at a balcony in player's appartment on 100th floor and looking at the cloudy, raining, or foggy city view.
-sleeping at the bed or sofa of player's house, or even under highway like a homeless.
-entering a dirty bar playing techno music, drinking strong liquar, playing some gamblings with other drunks for a whole day. Someone start to argue or robbery suddenly comes. It's up to the player's decision if the player wants to get involved the incident or not.
I did love Red Dead Redemption since it allowed me to roll-play a lonely gunman in the vast fronteer world.
There are many open world games which have gougeous art, great main / sub quests, but not many of them let the players do non-quest-related activities. I believe such small things help players feel like they are really living in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom