Cyberpunk Edgerunners Netflix Show !Spoilers!

+
So after watching the entire Show I must say it's very good. I really liked the style and overall tone of it. We even got a view Cameos like Rogue, Adam Smasher and Wakako. Brutal but I liked it, it fits very well.

The Ending was pretty cool. Something you would expect living a live as an Edgerunner in Night City. It would have been nice to see a bit more of the many Gangs. You only see them in a few Scenes.

Instantly tried to pinpoint a vew locations where some of the Protagonist were, to look for something they may have left.
Memorial Park because of Rebecca,
Republic East - - > Kiwi for instance.
Nice Idea to connect Game and Anime like this, it feels like they belong together and are not 2 separate things

Just finished watching - I gotta say, I loved it! It was a really well rounded Cyberpunk story with great characters and a solid emotional journey. Also... THAT'S HOW YOU TIE UP AN ENDING. Does not lack resolution at all; very well done and SUPER satisfying.

I only have one nitpick, which is perhaps specific to the English dub, which is that there are several instances of repeat words. I think it's only during phone calls? (If I had to guess, Studio Trigger did the phone call texts themselves and no one in production told them, "no one talks English like that.")

Other than that though, I fucking loved it.

Now to explore all those locations...

Just finished it an hour or two ago. They absolutely nailed the looks and sounds of the world as we knew it from the game. I loved seeing all the recognizable locations and weapons. It was a great ride, and one I'll definitely watch again. The one thing that concerned me going in, as it seems to be common in movies and shows these days, is pretentious, preachy, eye-rolling scripts and dialogue, but this show does NOT suffer this issue at all. These were characters that made me smirk and enjoy where their stories were headed. Props to the English cast too for doing a great job on the performances. The show overall reminded me of the sorts of anime I enjoyed from the 90s, which is not a bad thing at all, especially now that I can handle the high levels of violence.

SPOILERS MAYBE: I will say, while I wasn't expecting a happy end at all, the ending was very satisfactory. Seeing Smasher...well, smash was a great sendoff, and it's nice to see the reason why the Guts shotgun is where it is.

So was David's high end apt also what becomes V's? After the 'Over the Edge' Gig I think we should be hearing from Lucy. Too bad Kiwi and those blue nipps was a traitor

I loved seeing all the recognizable locations
Edgerunner_1.jpegEdgerunner_2.jpeg
I will try to make other ones, but awesome :giggle:

But at least some things work in Anime, Metro and the night city police... I said, in the anime.

If the idea was (and it was, unfortunately) to caricature something that was already caricatured by the whole, CDPR's absolute lack of creativity about its game that tells a good story, the anime managed it with mastery. If the idea was to show something more 'real'... it didn't work at all... but it could be the impression of a first chapter full of script problems... not to mention the 'bad enemy' annoyance... another caricature... And the most grotesque part of this freak show was the reception of the protagonist about an 'event' that occurs with his mother... miss balloons and Bambies jumping on the screen of so much 'joy' of that moment?
Post automatically merged:

Plus

But, as in the game, no relationship is developed (after all, you have to produce something BAD to sell it fast, right?) vide V and Jackie, the 'anime', this 'thing', didn't escape the same rule.. . Waiting to see the next chapters of this anime that seems to be exactly like the game, empty, with nothing, without life, devoid of any creativity involving humans... much less something that develops characters... relationships between characters, what sells , it's 'shooting' and more shooting... and just shooting... and guns, guns and more guns... Really, people are marked either by the total and absolute absence of creativity or by the excess of it, never by 'half-way'... what bad times these are...

Last edited:
I have to say, luckily it's just your opinion which is not share by every one :giggle:

- here imagining, you must know a lot of people :) (to speak for those who don't even attend this forum). Obs. I speak and write - always - as long as I know how to speak and write, by myself. I dare not try to speak for others, alias, nor do I have a 'proxy' for others to speak on behalf of these others. Still, I speak and that's exactly what bothers me, when someone doesn't follow the 'average' - common - sense (the word mediocre comes from here, from 'average/medium').

Last edited:
Your thoughts could be a bit more cohesive, I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying.

One of your claims are about relationships not being fleshed out but this is a series not a video game. Character development typically takes place over several seasons not 1.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of this anime. It only resembles the game in name only which doesn't interest me but if it's something that interests you then I wouldn't try to measure it against the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom