Dark Souls III

+
Anyone knows that the digital Steam version will have pre-load time? Because I planning to cancell my retail copy because I don't really have too much space anymore.

I think there is no confirmation. But consoles had one, I think, and Dark Souls 2 had a pre-load week before release in Steam.

I'd suppose it's a week or a bit less reserved for pre-load in this case as well.

I hope so. But I am not sure yet. I might keep the retail copy simply because it is cheaper and I won't have to deal with that much download even if that is pre-release. I wonder how much content we will need to download with the retail version.

Seems to be getting solid scores:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/dark.../1900-6416397/

I hope From sticks to their word with this being the last Souls game. I want to see them tackle something new, hopefully sci fi. Or horror would be up their alley. But we all know how Japanese publishers milk the hell out of IPs

It's a souls game, of course it's getting a solid scores, hehe. :) In all seriousness, i'm happy of that. I've heard mostly good as well. So excited to hop into it on PC.

Souls series are such a genre defining title that i'm confident From Software are happily jumping to new IPs. Like Bloodborne proved, their new IPs can be similar yet different and be absolutely incredible. And I think it can be anything from pure fantasy to sci-fi. I'd still like them to stick on the style where they've proved themselves multiple times. To be honest, as long as their Souls or souls-type of games remains to be THIS good, I'll happily pay for more. :)

Seems to be getting solid scores:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/dark-souls-3-review/1900-6416397/

I hope From sticks to their word with this being the last Souls game. I want to see them tackle something new, hopefully sci fi. Or horror would be up their alley. But we all know how Japanese publishers milk the hell out of IPs.

There already is quite a bit of horror in Souls games though, I mean, have you seen some of the bosses?

I know that a lot of fans want a re-release of Demon Souls which I would be all for, as I never had a PS3, so playing an HD version on PC would be what a lot of players would want.

---------- Updated at 05:17 PM ----------

It's a souls game, of course it's getting a solid scores, hehe. :) In all seriousness, i'm happy of that. I've heard mostly good as well. So excited to hop into it on PC.

Souls series are such a genre defining title that i'm confident From Software are happily jumping to new IPs. Like Bloodborne proved, their new IPs can be similar yet different and be absolutely incredible. And I think it can be anything from pure fantasy to sci-fi. I'd still like them to stick on the style where they've proved themselves multiple times. To be honest, as long as their Souls or souls-type of games remains to be THIS good, I'll happily pay for more. :)

Ah fuck, I want Bloodborne on PC so damn bad...

The game is out.
Here we go for another majestic " :scared: to :smile: to :scared: " ride. Adrenaline, despair, heart pounding, clenches again; it's so good.

Played it for 4 hours, and I already think there won't be another game as good as that this year.

Downloaded :) I'll jump right into it when I'm done with the paper that I'm currently working on. Hopefully in a few days...

I've been thinking about buying the Dark Souls games. While they are very appealing, visually, I couldn't find much information on their plots. Are they mostly just hack-and-slash games, or do they have fairly strong stories, too?

Last edited:
I, too, have been thinking about picking up Souls 3.

I picked up Souls 1 and never really got into it. The PC optimization for that game was pretty bad. So I've been meaning to try out Souls 2 when it goes on sale for a low enough price (which it hasn't yet).

Souls 3 looks fun. But I'm not sure I want to spend $60 on a game I may not like.

Last edited:
, I couldn't find much information on their plots. Are they mostly just hack-and-slash games, or do they have fairly strong stories, too?

Souls stories aren't exactly narrated stories. Almost nothing is narrated directly, everything what is happening, happened or yet to happen are just written down in different items around the world and in cryptic dialogues with a mysterious NPCs. The lore itself is ''fairly'' simple, it's just the way it's left to the player to find out through own investigation and conclusions. For many players this is the beauty of Dark Souls, among the fact that it's absolutely atmospheric dark fantasy RPG with such a fun gameplay.

In any case, I highly recommend Souls games as long as you're ready to Die. :)

About time this thing arrived!

View attachment 34170

Now I can finally play it and listen to the soundtrack that came with it! :D

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 71
I'm impressed by Fromsoft level design (even if I like DaS1 level design better). Like 1 and 2, the maps are being deeply printed in my mind.
Nothing can top a first Souls experience though, but it's getting very close.

Top Bottom