Gen.III revolver cannot install Gen.IV mods

+
I crafted Gen. III revolver and I'm unable to install Gen.IV mods - it can't be a design on purpose, impossible that's working as intended, it just can't...

2023-09-30_1430_1.png

It is by design. You can't modify weapons with mods or attachments that are higher tier than the weapon itself. It's the same for quickhacks in cyberdecks.

Okay..., and this design was implemented in 2.0 to achieve what exactly?
System implemented first time in 1.6 if I'm right with clothes mods. Mods can't be in higher rarity than the clothes. The idea behind I guess, it's if you want to install the best mods, so get the best bonuses, you will have to install these mods on the best weapons.
(in short, you can't have a crappy weapon with the best mods on it^^)

Have you ever seen what tends to happen to weapons in real life, when they're modded to (try to) handle more than they can chew? Go check out a few videos and then this change will make perfect sense to you. It's one of the few things CDPR did properly on 2.0

It doesn't work good with current scaling system. One can craft a lower generation weapon but where are the mods for it? Can't craft them, only have to find them. But on lvl50 they drop in highest generation, they cannot be installed to lower gen. weapon. Dismounting a weapon doesn't give back the mods installed in this weapon, like it was pre 2.0, with a perk. I wonder if CDP thought this through properly.

This is what I can give you, if you want to be able to do things like in legacy:

Top Bottom