Dev Appreciation Thread

+
The city is gorgeous and that's what they got absolutely right in the game. My experience overall has been very smooth, very polished, and practically bug free. I've got a good PC with what seems to be the target hardware for the game and I'm well aware others have had more issues, but I can clearly see there is a great game here. I'm excited about what features they'll add with patches and DLC and hopefully it all can live up to the marketing that got ahead of the devs... not their fault.

How do you know it's the management fault?
Most major companies, the average every day employee like devs are absolutely nothing to the tip top dogs.
I work for a large company, and average employee is nothing compared to the top managers, literally no interaction at all, doesn't even know people's names.

I seriously hope the devs have the chance now to fully make the game the way they wanted it. When you think about it, they have no deadlines to meet now. They have all the time to constantly fix and improve the game. Hope they restore content like wall-running, the flathead, third-person cutscenes, subway, vehicle customization, etc...

The effort, passion and skill of the development team is absolutely clear in the quality of what had time to be finished.

Personally I really love the little details scattered across the world, small areas with visual story telling and sometimes a shard to add some more info to the scene. I've spent hours just exploring the world and occasionally run into some really great stuff. Things that make me think, or feel be it sad, horrified or happy.

My heart goes out to everyone in the team.

I have now 118 hours in game. Just doing side stuf. The details or level of detail of the city and remote areas are impressive. I just don't want it to end, so I decided not to do the main story until new things were done - that's a very personal opinion of mine. Of course, I know that the story that awaits me, main story, is fantastic. Whoever played the game until the end, says that and I believe it. But I'm from the world of online games. I was born in EVE Online in this gaming world. I've always been a fan of science fiction and a fan of Blade Runner. I ended up working on TV (Computer Graphics and 3D animation) for being in this virtual world. In short and in summary, I treat Cyberpunk today as an online game. Routines, the game gives me that freedom (although I don't like the effects of another character on my head - Jhony - and on the mirrors :D ).

Can we please have a thread where we congrat the MVPs, the devs, for managing to make a game, albeit a currently mediocre one (written 2020-12-18), working with insane mis-management from the upper management, and maddening crunches?

Talk about the joys you've had with the game, even if it's something small.

I'll start with saying that I've had fun looking at the scenery, looking at particle effects, the usual tourist stuff.
As a new forum poster i can't create a post yet so using this reply to speak,
Thank you Devs for all the years of your hard work and passion to create (for me playing on XBOX ONE X) a great game, we all know it's not your fault what has happened here,
we the players will support you in any way we can.

hey, this is the dev appreciation thread. I appreciate that the only "issue" i've ever come across on a PS4 (Pro.????) is a random T pose or two. maybe it was luck, maybe not, but 80 hours in i think it's a good sign. Thank you guys/girls.

There's been a storm of negative feedback and whining the last few days and I just want to express my support to everyone at CDPR, especially the devs. While the game has technical issues it is a herculean endeavor which I glance at in awe. Honestly, big jumps forward always come with hurdles, I just wish more people understood this.

The best thing in game for me it's Night City which feels to me like a character in full. I spend hours and hours just walking about, and it never ceases surprising me. I love the game and I am sure the issues will get fixed given time. I also see the foundation for amazing future projects from here so thumbs up, the effort to make all this is not emphasized enough and that states more about the game and the team then any PR crisis.

Thank you for providing some quick fixes and updates. After update 1.0.5 was released, I can now continue the game. I can honestly say that I am loving this game so much.. Also I was never going to ask for a refund. Thank you CDProjectRed. Much appreciated.

Thank you for creating a beautiful city and the speedy patches. I enjoy driving around Night City listening to the ambience and just taking in the scenery. The worldbuilding in that aspect is amazing.

Top Bottom