Dev Appreciation Thread

+
Yeah exactly Think we should all support the Devs and artist behind this...
they are the victims of the bad managment but clearly still tried to put their hearts and pation in to it ! and you can se it in the game even tho they were forced to cut most of it out...

All the critics and negativity should go on the heads of the management not to the devs...

They are the ones who will have to fix this mess, they need some positive motivation from the comunity especially if they dont get that from the Management...

So devs at CDPR Take rest ,enjoy the holidays and then take your time to make the game you wanted to make!
and goodluck With the Managment!

And big thanks for what you have done so far cant wait and hope to see this turn-out good for everyone in the end!

When Covid situation started, I personally could not believe what sort of a shitstorm it would turn out to be. And boy oh boy did it get fully blown out of proportions, created panic with 1 to billion ratio of fearmongerin media and idiots.

The same MO seems to repeat with the launch of CP77: yes, it had some hilarious graphical bugs and the PS4 launch should have been handled differenty (play on PC myself). But pulled out of digital distribution? This unbelievable "the AI is not good enough, will demand refund" / "the endings are too depressing, will demand refund" - bullshit? Total uncontrollable and brutal mob mentality.

Dear CDPR: CP77 is amazing. Over 100 hours of uptime, two different characters and only one crash (within the first 30 hours, which was with just the day0 patch). My PC is a total potato and I can still make Night City look incredible. The absolute love I can feel from all the characters, questlines, little details in the environment, the organic feel of the city and the brilliant music.

So much polish is needed, but it is already a flawed masterpiece. I trust you all, the hard working designers, writers and developers of CDPR. Your management will get the shitstorm they deserve, but I am confident you will earn the trust back you had with what you do best: hard quality work and dedication to us, your customers and fans. Thank you for everything and hope to see a ton of additional content to CP77. I will gladly prepurchase all DLC too.

I do appreciate the hard work that went into creating in the city (which is definitely the best part of the game; although purely superficial) and the audio side.

But I can’t fathom what went through the heads of the gameplay and systems designers.

I'd like to say that the community knows that it is not the developers fault that the game is not finished. You told everyone the game is not finished yet and the management still pushed for a release-date. Of course the PR-team did it's part to overhype but that's just a small point here.

Thank you for creating this world. I'm looking forward to what comes next.

A big hug to all devs. I really like the game on pc, with some small fix it will be my #1 ever. Don't give up and let me know if i can support somehow.

Thanks and all my sympathy for the one that had to endure poor management (control freak/incompetence/out of touch priorities/whatever is inherent to that) and/or got replaced during devellopment.

Feels good to see some positvity around this game for a change.

Thanks for what you've created and for the time taken to implement an amazing amount of details into this world to make it so believable.
This is by far the game with the highest potential I've ever played, for a first episode of what I hope can become a franchise. The foundations are solid and with the right amount of polish, it'll become something unique (it already is).
Every moment of the story brings me back to fond memories of my TT sessions back in the 90's (played mostly Shadowrun though so it takes a bit of adjustment). I can tell it was made by fans of P&P RPGs.

And whoever thought of asking M. Pondsmith to be a radio DJ deserves some special thanks. This guy has such a wonderful voice. I could listen to him talking for hours.

To me this game's MVP's are the artists and world designers. The world of Night City is AMAZING. :love:

The design, the aesthetics, the detail, its just fantastic.

This game is breathtakingly good. Thank you so much CD Projekt Red, so much fun. I'm sure you will sort out the few issues.

This game is amazing.

Despite these problems already related here, i'm loving this game...such beauty and amazing details...GOTY 2021 :)
unknown.png
unknown (1).png
unknown (2).png

Great job devs! The game is lots of fun and looks great. I can feel how much the assembly line really wanted this puppy to pur. Hopefully all of you will get the opportunity to go back and make the game CP2077 was meant to be. Hit me up whenever if any of you need to chat. :beer:

That said...

Time for a management and executive change. All of them. Gone. Also I would like that to be announced.

Absolutely love the game, been playing hours pretty much every day ever since the launch. Big thanks and much love to the whole dev team.

You've worked hard for years under pretty exceptional circumstances. Both covid and high expectations for the game have undoubtly weighted you down and even under this pressure you reached the finish line and delivered in the end. Your dedication to fix whatever issues there are is very comforting too. I like you guys, and still trust your work.

My personal highlights are:
-Stunningly beautiful city
-Polished story
-Interesting characters
-Music

All those create a very nice atmosphere. I also like the combat and overall theme of cyberpunk and the music adds to that.

The city is damn gorgeous to look at. Many times when driving around I just stop and admire the scenery. Story was good and
it was refreshing to have a story that was more down to earth for once instead of The World Is About To End. Just V and his personal problem with the Relic.

Characters feel like having actual personalities and I hope we get to explore several of the main cast in even more depth with DLC down the wire. Especially whoever you romance will quite likely interest people a lot.

Just.. thanks, guys. Enjoy the holiday rest, you've deserved it.

Just saw the video and you can the passion the devs put in the game. Just incredible. Sucks that it's unfinished for now.

Awesome video, showing just how much love went into creating the game.

One of my other favourite details is described in vide below(it's just mind blowing). Early story spoilers.

I don't know if any devs are checking this thread or not but if so then here's a short bit from me: you did amazing job. I think that this is (besides diablo 2 and warhammer 2 total war) a game that i got so allured to. I'm loving it. Actually i think this will be the game i will spent the most time playing looking on how it its going right now.

What i enjoy the most in this game is the story telling. Guys you are the masters of story telling. Its amazing. I felt so many times like staring in a movie. About movies... i even sometimes thought (while being at work) about my gameplays storyline and how it will unfold. Just like i always use to think after watching in cinema some great movie with intriguing plot.

Next thing are characters. They feel and look so realistic. I think it was the goal of creators and u did a great job.

Night City is beautiful. So diverse! Every district different than the other. I like to cruise around the city in a car and snap a photo here or there. Never used to save a screens from game os much. Photo mode is so handy. I even sometimes open up the pictures folder and go thru the pictures i took while playing. Its a nice retrospection of gameplay, cool moments, some nice looking parts/characters/details of the city.. :)

I can't imagine how much work it had to take you to create this world. All this work and care for details! Fashion, architecture, design. I remember when i entered with Jackie the Konpeki Plaza Hotel (that was the name? im not sure of spelling) and i thought: DAMN! Its like real, the design and architecture is amazing. Interior and exterior wise. And this goes to so many details that just surprise you so often.

Then theres music, interesting side quests (im gonna do them all, lol thats the plan) and other stuff.

Oh and last thing: so many varieties of charaters development. Builds and stuff. My plan for next gameplay is to make totaly different V, to load some different audio language (maybe korean or japanese, i'll keep the subs in my native language tho) and enjoy this game again but on different level.

Awesome work CDPR team :)

The game is great. It's clearly a phenomenal undertaking and the result of years of hard work and love. The bugs are occasionally annoying, but mostly they're just funny. The combat is tight and the weapons and mods are fucking cool as hell. It's remarkable what you all have pulled off here. Well done. I'll be playing this for a while yet.

Sorry for my bad english.

This is my first post here. I will dedicate a thread about my feeling on the game when i complete it.

I have 90h on the game and i don't complete half the main quest yet. Why ? Because i move my V only on foot and walking. Why ? Because NIGHT CITY is wonderful.. no mistakes, every street is a single street, every corner is dangerous, and thoses sounds and musics are so nice.
I use vehicles to go in badlands.

So hats off for the design of the city, for filling every street with crowd and gangs. It feel alive and when i turn off my computer i have the feeling that NIGHT CITY continue to live.

You guys did a masterpiece.

The game is not actually perfect and for me the main reason is the Police and the removed Train.

But i have the feeling it will be better soon.

For me it's a super video game and i enjoy every single second of it, despite bugs or problems.

CDPR, i hope you know that they are people who truly love CYBERPUNK 2077. I feel sorry for the bad "internet bash" you are facing. Try to keep CYBERPUNK 2077 better, correct the mistakes, and everybody gonna love it.

Much love to the dev's for sure, they really did an awesome job with CP2077, I only hope they'll right the wrongs caused by management and bring it from a good game to an epic game.

Stop that overemotionalness.
CDRP people! who made the witcher games, stay strong like geralt and remove floating questicon and enemy healthbars!

I literally dislike one single thing in the game. One. The fact that it doesn't last longer. Although I'm over 150 hours in, should I've followed the main questline alone, it would have ended days ago. And the story is way too interesting and involving to just let go of like that.
The occasional glitches that united the loud minority of the players are not something that even slightly bothers me. They give it a comedic aspect, pushing you a bit back of completely immersing yourself into the story with their "hey, this is a piece of software after all". Seen people claim that it's the most unplayable game in history. Can't help but wonder whether they even played another game before.
tl;dr It's perfect and I want more of it. Hoping the devs manage to push through all the capitalist bureaucracy created for no other purpose than to shorten the return path of money to investors.
A bit of irony there, considering the main topic of evil in the lore.

Top Bottom