Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have been from the cut main story paths planned for different lifepaths or if Morgan Blackhand and another character had a sepeate main story path next to Johnny's. I think that the game changing due to Keanu's wish to be more involved in the story is more true by the day but if I was a head working on the game I would have kept to the vision and told Reeves that we could add more lines and scenes with him but he still wouldn't be the main focus of the game, V would. Why they couldn't approach him for a more Johnny centered DLC later is beyond me. At the end of the day the higher ups probably just saw the dollar signs when thinking about hyping Keanu Reeves up for the game in the marketing.

I think the game was always going to be about Johnny in your head. It was just having Keanu added to sidequest to be the Greek Chorus that changed things and that's not even much of a change.

The corpos are still representative of the company. This being a pr stunt doesn't make sense because the whole idea behind CDPR was that even the "corpo" side of it was on the gamer's side. This guy blames the part of the company that was originally meant to be the stand out from the rest of the companies.

For what it is, it just disperses the illusion that CDPR leadership would be anything different than rest of the AAA game producers.

You theory would only make sense if the community as a whole would be blaming the devs themselves. But as i see it, there is a general understanding already that it is the leadership to be blamed.

Well, the CEO and the company leadership have been excusing themselves because the game has been delayed multiple times, even taking responsability for crunching. And those two things didn't seem to hinder the selling numbers to much.

The same goes to PS4 and Xbox One release disaster, but that one doesn't sticked so well in the community, because the game was unplayable when released (and might be unplayable until today, IDK).

When your product is not as good as announced, assuming blame are always better than pretending that the problem doesn't exist when it's impossible to hide it - thinking about it in a business perspective.

That's why the "corpos" are doing it, because it's the best thing they can do to look reasonable to the consumer, while keeping the "We made a mistake, released the game without hearing the developers, but we're on gamer's side, we'll make it right this time".

Now imagine that they stated the truth to the consumer: "We want to release the game to get the huge sales boost of christmas, it doesn't matter the state of it, because, as we have a good relation with the community, we think we'll be given a second chance, fix what need fixing. We can talk to them, they'll understand, and we can win these people back".

The "win these people back" manouver was used when they delayed the game to december 10th.

Source: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/10/trancript_en.pdf (Page 6 - Answer to Q8 - final part)

But this time it's not the "Pre-orders will be canceled, but we can win these people back". This time is more "We messed up the release, didn't delivered what was expected, we'll assume the blame, fix the game, and win these people back and sell our game to more people".

It was a calculated risk. They knew the game had issues, so they calculated that the "PR strenght X Refund policies" would be profitable after all, and released the game as we saw.

Been down this road before and until CDPR addresses us directly everything is just speculation and hearsay.​

To be fair, they've already said they plan to spare no object of money to fix the game and make it the game it was meant to be.

It's just no one believes them.
Post automatically merged:

The story of CP77? Wish I would have known beforehand.. wouldn't have bothered to roleplay V.

See ya out the door.

Well, the CEO and the company leadership have been excusing themselves because the game has been delayed multiple times, even taking responsability for crunching. And those two things didn't seem to hinder the selling numbers to much.

The same goes to PS4 and Xbox One release disaster, but that one doesn't sticked so well in the community, because the game was unplayable when released (and might be unplayable until today, IDK).

When your product is not as good as announced, assuming blame are always better than pretending that the problem doesn't exist when it's impossible to hide it - thinking about it in a business perspective.

That's why the "corpos" are doing it, because it's the best thing they can do to look reasonable to the consumer, while keeping the "We made a mistake, released the game without hearing the developers, but we're on gamer's side, we'll make it right this time".

Now imagine that they stated the truth to the consumer: "We want to release the game to get the huge sales boost of christmas, it doesn't matter the state of it, because, as we have a good relation with the community, we think we'll be given a second chance, fix what need fixing. We can talk to them, they'll understand, and we can win these people back".

The "win these people back" manouver was used when they delayed the game to december 10th.

Source: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/10/trancript_en.pdf (Page 6 - Answer to Q8 - final part)

But this time it's not the "Pre-orders will be canceled, but we can win these people back". This time is more "We messed up the release, didn't delivered what was expected, we'll assume the blame, fix the game, and win these people back and sell our game to more people".

It was a calculated risk. They knew the game had issues, so they calculated that the "PR strenght X Refund policies" would be profitable after all, and released the game as we saw.
I'm not sure what we are discussing at this point. I agree that the release was a calculated risk. Which in a way payed off short term. But the long term consequence is more serious.

I was simply saying that these "leaks" were meant to be a PR stunt for damage control, then in my eyes they do the opposite of damage controlling. It tarnishes the company's name even further.

To be fair, they've already said they plan to spare no object of money to fix the game and make it the game it was meant to be.

It's just no one believes them.

See ya out the door.
Don't worry lol. I'll be waiting outside until I get what was promised inside.

Edit: But I'll make sure as hell to be as loud as possible until then.

What? Where?

No such statement exists. The only statements they've made so far are:

1. Acknowledged the state of the game to investors and committed to making it playable on last gen.
  2. Committed to refunding out of their own pockets if need be, if the refund request is submitted before December 21st.
If you have a link to said statement, please provide it. I'll gladly be proven wrong.

What? Where?

1. Acknowledged the state of the game to investors and committed to making it playable on last gen.
  2. Committed to refunding out of their own pockets if need be, if the refund request is submitted before December 21st.
If you have a link to said statement, please provide it. I'll gladly be proven wrong.
He is refering to the investors call where the guy who's name I cannot memorise for the life of mine, said, and I paraphrase here: "Cost of repairing the company's reputation doesn't matter". Now what he consideres to be enough repairing is a whole another question. Maybe once the game has 9/10 rating, it will be enough for him regardless features.

What? Where?

Here's what they said:

He is refering to the investors call where the guy who's name I cannot memorise for the life of mine, said, and I paraphrase here: "Cost of repairing the company's reputation doesn't matter". Now what he consideres to be enough repairing is a whole another question. Maybe once the game has 9/10 rating, it will be enough for him regardless features.

Yeah, I figured this might be what he was referring to but it doesn't, in any way, implies they'll fix the game and make it what it was supposed to be.

Here's what they said:

Yeah, exactly, but that doesn't say in any way that they'll deliver the game they originally advertised.

Realistically it only acknowledges how bad things are on last gen consoles and commits to fixing that. To say it implies they'll "fix the game and make it was meant to be" is a huge stretch.

Yeah, I figured this might be what he was referring to but it doesn't, in any way, implies they'll fix the game and make it what it was supposed to be.

Yeah, exactly, but that doesn't say in any way that they'll deliver the game they originally advertised.

Realistically it only acknowledges how bad things are on last gen consoles and commits to fixing that. To say it implies they'll "fix the game and make it was meant to be" is a huge stretch.
Well eventually they would have to realise that bugs and performance are literally only the tip of the iceberg. In fact those issues are kind of a blessing in disguise for the company.
It bought them time before people started realising the real issues of the game.

So if they do want to repair their reputation, then they will have to think about the long run.

Moxy3

Forum regular
Here's what they said:

Even with them having "reputation" in mind, we will never see the full potential of this game, as it should have been.
They will never bring back all the cut content.

As it stands here now, i will never trust this company again until im proven wrong. And by proven wrong i mean not with a new game where they ask for money again or paid dlcs. No im talking about the fix and comeback of the cut features of this game for no additional cost. I will not pay for something i should have received.

With that said, its up to CDPR what road they choose. Whatever road they choose, they already shot themselves in the knee. The question now is, is it enough for them to be crippled and redeem themselves or do they want to put the gun to the head and end it for good.

So if they do want to repair their reputation, then they will have to think about the long run.

Not arguing against that.

There simply isn't any statement from them committing to it. Interpreting what was said during that investors' call as a commitment to fixing the game and making it what it was meant to be is just wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of faith in CDPR's ability to do just that but until such a statement is made it's all just speculation and wishful thinking.

With that said, its up to CDPR what road they choose. Whatever road they choose, they already shot themselves in the knee. The question now is, is it enough for them to be crippled and redeem themselves or do they want to put the gun to the head and end it for good.

....I feel a new meme amalgamated with an old meme being formed....

I understand, but your statement was talking about night vision in general, so I wanted to clarify.

I would hope that having night vision would make for a great optics implant that CDPR could incorporate in an update to the game.
In the source material you can get all kinds of vision modes for cyberoptics: night vision, infrared, ultraviolet, thermal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom