Did anyone else find this fight absurdly difficult?

+
Did anyone else find this fight absurdly difficult?

Act 2, Roche's path, where Geralt has to fight a couple of assasins in the quest "assassin of kings".
It took me like 5-6 tries. On normal mode. All previous battles, on the same difficulty, were cake walks in comparison.
The problem is that the 2 enemies have absurdly high hp, Geralt can't immobilise one to focus on the other, and signs like Yrden don't last long. If they catch up with you and you can't escape they chop your health down fast.
So in the end it was just boiled cheese - kite the enemy until health and/or vigor recharges, fight, run, rinse and repeat. Occasional use of axii helped a bit, plus liberal quen.
Maybe it's time I started putting more points in the magic tree....

It's been eons, but I remember a few instances like this. It was one of my greatest gripes with the combat system, as I died repeatedly trying to block / riposte attacks, and that would simply drain my stamina to nothing quickly against multiple opponents. Hence, like most fights, simply dive-roll in circles around the enemy until you have an opening, then chip away with 1 or 2 strikes.

I think I've done that one with mostly bomb-spam at least once. Literally dozens of bombs. :p

Agreed that it's a very hard battle.

I don't remember this fight being that difficult my first deathmarch playthrough. The roll+a couple attacks then roll away, rinse & repeat is how I finished this fight. I'm almost sure I had trapped one of the assassins behind a tent and recked him, but it has been a while since I played this. Maybe try and separate them?

I've a vague, but unremarkable, memory of this fight. (Only played Roche's path once -- which was enough for me.) Most likely, my strategy involved rolling, and attempting to get behind them.

Top Bottom