Did over ambition harm Cyberpunk 2077?

+
I mentioned Metacritic, YouTube and Steam because it is relevant to put in perspective the anti CDPR, Cyberpunk ranting going on from non-owners. Secondly the content of my posts, like your posts are not subject to what content is included.

There is no excuse, so please stop trying to make it an issue. I am enjoying Cyberpunk, great game in my opinion. I have no interest in others experiences but you seem to want to continue to make it an issue when it is not relevant at all. Again I am not having issues with the game and on my system it is running well. Note: I only concern myself with real world issues such as covid.

There is no trend. Who I choose to support or who others choose to support is no concern of others.

Hype was also generated by gamers and who developers choose to include in their games is both irrelevant and their choice.
Okay, you are choosing not to debate in good faith. I was hoping it was just a language barrier issue but no, you are choosing not to read the responses you get here. Fine, I'm done wasting time on you.
Post automatically merged:

From a shitty garage selling pc games to a multibillion corporation in 25 years, the biggest ones in Poland even slapping Ubisoft on their fingers in whole of EU.

They became Arasaka, they became the corpos.

“You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” haha, lol.
Yeah the company that was taking potshots at EA and Activision now suddenly wants to act like them,

Last edited:
Okay, you are choosing not to debate in good faith. I was hoping it was just a language barrier issue but no, you are choosing not to read the responses you get here. Fine, I'm done wasting time on you.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah the company that was taking potshots at EA and Activision now suddenly wants to act like them,

Debating in good faith?

You want the conversation to be "I agree with you" when actually I do not. and that in itself is not debating, that is affirmation over points you raised which I cannot agree to.

I respect your opinion and your stance, so please respect mine. Thank you for the conversation.

Last edited:
I have a feeling. A lot of the time was eaten up with tests in things like the wall running. They tried to balance the game. But there was so many areas people could exploit and bypass missions. They abandoned it. But waste a chunk of time. Maybe other things like the BD effect used up even more time. In return things got axed to meet deadlines. Simliar to what happend with Andromeda.

I have a feeling. A lot of the time was eaten up with tests in things like the wall running. They tried to balance the game. But there was so many areas people could exploit and bypass missions. They abandoned it. But waste a chunk of time. Maybe other things like the BD effect used up even more time. In return things got axed to meet deadlines. Simliar to what happend with Andromeda.
Well that and the Frostbyte engine wasn't playing nice and Bioware wasn't getting much support from Dice. Same situation with Dragon Age Inquisition and Anthem. But beyond that, the deadlines were unrealistic, the devs even asked the board about that. Features get cut from games all the time but this is more than just wasted time on cut content

Personally, I don't think it was so much about over-ambition as it was pressure to get it out before the end of last gen's lifecycle - either externally by the fanbase/investors, or internally by the management team.

I say that because the game we got seems frustratingly close to being what was promised - you can see it on the horizon - what we got just seems half-baked, and throttled back. Technologically, I think they can actually do what they said they could, but they might need to take last gen consoles out of the equation in order to get there.

No they did not, CDPR developers would have been able too handle their ambitions if their publisher board were patient and had not let greed consume them completely... the game would have been announced "first release date" somewhat mid 2021 or perhaps even early 2022 and none of these things would be a issue.. and if that how it went then everyone here would have been talking about their mind blowing Cyberpunk 2077 experience and how immersive it was.... at least what i think.. :)

Your original post was and reads as criticism of CDPR.

And yet your opinion of other elements remains solely your opinion.

I find myself immersed in the world they created.

I believe they did a great job with those elements you find lacking.

As for your original post I disagreed with it as I do with this one.

Yes, it was a criticism of some part of CDPR - perceived over ambition and the absent of modern open world staples - and NOT their lack of knowledge of the Red Engine, as your earlier post was suggesting.

But I see that you are ignoring or seriously misreading my posts, and refusing to debate in good faith, so I will not waste any more time on you.

Yes, it was a criticism of some part of CDPR - perceived over ambition and the absent of modern open world staples - and NOT their lack of knowledge of the Red Engine, as your earlier post was suggesting.

But I see that you are ignoring or seriously misreading my posts, and refusing to debate in good faith, so I will not waste any more time on you.

Debating in good faith?

How you perceive CDPR is your opinion not a standard by which I need to make any judgements, nor affirm the points you make.

I am expressing an opinion based on my own experiences with Cyberpunk and how you view Cyberpunk from a design viewpoint is entirely your opinion.

I never have expectations of what a game should be, I accept the developers vision of the game they created and if I become immersed in a game they did a very good job with the game. I am immersed in Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom