DO YOU WISH BOSS FIGHTS MUCH HARDER & DEADLIER? (ALSO INCLUDES CYBERPYSCHOS)

+

Do you wish BOSS FIGHTS MUCH HARDER & DEADLIER? (ALSO INCLUDES CYBERPYSCHOS)

• Yes

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Yes, even on VERY HARD difficulty

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • No, I can't handle them normally even on EASY

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Others (post on the thread)

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
"DO YOU WISH BOSS FIGHTS MUCH HARDER & DEADLIER? (ALSO INCLUDES CYBERPYSCHOS)"

Voted "No", because it's not that the bosses are too easy, the weapons are simply ridiculously overpowered. I mean, if a simple handgun can instantly end/incap a "boss", what do you think a fully flexed sniper rifle will do?

Well, Boss fights are easy depending on your build Smasher can take long to defeat or in very short time. Considering Oda he kept constantly running away and making fight way longer than it should be maybe a AI issue? Pistols and revolvers seem to be somewhat overpowered compared to rifles!

There's something that made me wonder if we can really make informed decision about this yet.

There's lots of inconsistent reports related to how effective blade and melee builds are. Some players one hit kill with them even on very hard, low level skills and no perks unlocked, and for some it doesn't work like that at all, even on normal. Spotted some people saying same thing on lowsodiumcyperpunk reddit too.

I guess difficulty at least in part depends on how much armour you have.. If you've save scummed and have legendary gear filled with +crit dam and armadillo mods then yeah they are gonna be easy. You can't balance for save scumming like that.

Fix the parts of the combat system that are broken (AI, several perks) first, I don't see how we can discuss balance until that is done

Hard boss fights are story breakers. If the point of this game was fighting, they might not be game breakers; you might retry and retry and retry and retry a fight until eventually you got lucky. But the point of this game is story. Every time the player character dies is immersion-breaking; every time the player character dies the designers have failed.

I've personally never got past the Kayran in Witcher II. Yes, I could retry and retry and retry and retry and eventually I'd get lucky, but that isn't fun and it isn't interesting and I have better things to do. The Kayran in the Witcher II is in my opinion a classic example of poor game design: there's no alternative path round it, the fight is out of scale with the fights you've gone through so far, and the mechanics are different from other fights in the game (the dragon bridge fight in the prologue was another example of this).

No one game can appeal to every sort of gamer. CD Projekt are exceptionally good at story: they have an audience of loyal fans who buy their games for the story. If they wreck the story with big boss fights in order to try to attract gamers from another genre, all they'll do is produce a game that pleases no-one.

So no. It's fine to have a ludicrously difficult difficulty setting for people who actually don't give a shit about immersion or story, but there also needs to be a difficulty setting on which every player who's paying attention and has learned the mechanisms established in previous, easier fights can reasonably expect to get through without flatlining.

Because, in real life, people who flatline don't get to finish the story.

Top Bottom