Dragon Age

+
Dragon Age

Who is looking forward to this game,i think it will be a great game especially coming from Bioware.I think this will blow every other rpg out of the water,just check out the vids.I loved Boulders Gate and i suspect many other did as well.http://dragonage.bioware.com/

Ineluke said:
I think this will blow every other rpg out of the water,just check out the vids.
Bioware has done some good RPG's in the past; Baldur's Gate was mostly well done (loved the Minsc voice-acting in II!), but it's not gonna blow The Witcher "out of the water." Nope, not gonna happen. ;)I see that you have one single post and haven't registered a copy of The Witcher -- have you played the game whose forum you're on? If not, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy. Seriously. I have no connection to the company other than as a highly satisfied customer, so I have no need to try to drive up sales!I've played most of the major RPG's, starting with hack (the one before nethack), through Diablo I and II, Baldur's Gate I and II, Icewind Dale, Might & Magic VI, VII, and VIII, NWN, Dungeon Siege -- so many I can't even remember them all. And while I've liked them all and loved some of them, The Witcher is my favorite.If you haven't played it, PLAY!

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I think this will blow every other rpg out of the water,just check out the vids.
Bioware has done some good RPG's in the past; Baldur's Gate was mostly well done (loved the Minsc voice-acting in II!), but it's not gonna blow The Witcher "out of the water." Nope, not gonna happen. ;)I see that you have one single post and haven't registered a copy of The Witcher -- have you played the game whose forum you're on? If not, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy. Seriously. I have no connection to the company other than as a highly satisfied customer, so I have no need to try to drive up sales!I've played most of the major RPG's, starting with hack (the one before nethack), through Diablo I and II, Baldur's Gate I and II, Icewind Dale, Might & Magic VI, VII, and VIII, NWN, Dungeon Siege -- so many I can't even remember them all. And while I've liked them all and loved some of them, The Witcher is my favorite.If you haven't played it, PLAY!
Yes i have the EE addition of "The Witcher" which i am playing as we speak.I only have two problem with it and that is ,i wish it was a bit more open exploration and he can`t walk but they are very minor problem. The game so far, is deep and engrossing with plenty of quirks. The devs have done a great job bringing this world and character alive. As for how many RPG you have played,well i have played all the games you have mentioned and then some. If you want to know which rpg game i think tops the bill then it would have to be Gothic 2, Night Of The Raven.Yes i have one post but didn't we all start out with one post.I have not registered this game yet because i actually have forgotten,now you have reminded me, i will do so.

Dragon Age looked interesting at first but later namely after the renaming to Origins I was kinda disappointed. Too shiny and the armor models look too unrealistic. Oh well it won't beat the Witcher for sure. ;D

I'm watching this too, since Bioware has a reputation of engrossing, story-driven RPGs. Never liked NWN tho, and I dislike using D&D rules in CRPG. Since DA:O will use it's own rule set, it's promising!

Yes, with Bioware able to circumvent the WotC rules, and given their great imagination, I'm quite looking forward to DA:O. And there's no need to compare it with Witcher since they're completely different games.I'll definitely be getting DA:O and whatever new project CDP Red does for the PC.~ Roxy

RogueRoxy said:
Yes, with Bioware able to circumvent the WotC rules, and given their great imagination, I'm quite looking forward to DA:O. And there's no need to compare it with Witcher since they're completely different games.I'll definitely be getting DA:O and whatever new project CDP Red does for the PC.~ Roxy
Yes i agree! This is my first experience with CDP and i like what i see. Their is room for plenty of RPG on my gaming shelf so yes DA:O will take up a space along side "The Witcher" .

Ineluke said:
I have not registered this game yet because i actually have forgotten,now you have reminded me, i will do so.
Hi, didn't mean to insult you. We've had a lot of spam on the forum recently, and I was afraid that someone who'd never talked about The Witcher but only about an upcoming game might be another one -- I'm glad to be proved wrong!I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying The Witcher; I love it.Yes, I tried Gothic, but the controls were so hard to use that I abandoned it. One of the many, many cool things about The Witcher is that they have both isometric and over--the-shoulder formats; the people at CDPR are thinking about how to make everybody happy even with their controls.

Looking forward to it. Another one of the few big releases that's actually coming to PC first. that means there's a chance it won't be a dumbed down and shallow i guess.

PowazofLyria said:
Dragon Age looked interesting at first but later namely after the renaming to Origins I was kinda disappointed. Too shiny and the armor models look too unrealistic. Oh well it won't beat the Witcher for sure. ;D
Exactly!Thanks for saying that. I too am looking forward to Dragon Age and will certainly buy a copy, but... it looks horribly like generic trans-Atlantic fantasy. The artwork I've seen so far doesn't look like armour that's meant to be effective in use or weapons which would be practical to wield. Mind you, with that ridiculously over-sized steel sword The Witcher isn't exactly realistic, either, but a bit more believable..

Well,I don't like BioWare in general. They're the most unoriginal devs this earth has seen. Just check Baldurs Gate and you'll see everything they have to offer. Same character writing and so on. They should get designers who actually have ideas, rather than copy paste everthing from previous games.

Ooooohhhhh, didn't know about Dragon Age. Definitely added to my watch and buy list. :) Looks right up my alley, just hoping they let me customize my character. I'm fine with a standard sword and sorcery, so long as it looks nice and doesn't make me spend three days figuring out how to use my mouse and keyboard all over again.... But if it wants to "blow The Witcher out of the water.....".... well, that would be awesome to see, but CDProjekt RED set the bar awfully high... gonna be tough to top this game in my book.Plus.... lets see if they are as nice to their fans as CDProjekt RED is....

Dragon Age is a title I will pick up because I like BioWare's games but watching the vids The witcher looks better but thats IMOP.

Dragonage is ceratinly going to be a great game, it's developed by our friends at Bioware :)

Eriash said:
Dragonage is ceratinly going to be a great game, it's developed by our friends at Bioware :)
I remember "Bioware recommends the Witcher" sentence and mini page at Bioware's site. I think they would be happy for "CD Projekt Red recommeds Dragon Age" at Your site ;).

I'm noticing a lot of people already saying they're going to pick this up: Has anyone confirmed what DRM will be used? Is that a factor in anyone's decision?I ask because EA has been known to use the worst implementation of SecuROM that they can get away with, namely (often very limited) activation requirements.I bought TWEE for many reasons, one of which was the lack of an activation requirement. While I'd like to pick up DA:O, I can't help but be pessimistic that EA will dictate that activation is a requirement.

Top Bottom