DX 12 Error

+
First post, or comment.
Bit of a lurker but I have a problem but no one else seems to be having that problem.

E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\gpuApi\src\dx12\gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(42)

Everyone else has E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\gpuApi\src\dx12\gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(40) but it seems like I am the only one with (42), or at least talking about it.

Since I need at least 10 forum posts can a moderator create a thread for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DxDiagCP2077.txt
    118 KB · Views: 131
  • report.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 106
  • stacktrace.txt
    259 bytes · Views: 104
1.) Try manually running a Windows Update and seeing if it downloads or repairs anything.

2.) Could also be a driver issue. Where do you download your drivers from?

3.) You might also want to manually run the installations for past versions of Visual Studio and Visual C++ directly from Microsoft.com. Ensure that you're installing the x86 and x64 versions of each. Thus:
  • Install Visual Studio 2010 x86, then x64
  • Install Visual C++ 2010 x86, then x64
  • Install Visual Studio 2011 x86, then x64
  • Install Visual C++ 2011 x86, then x64
  • Etc.
These will be installed side-by-side, not overwritten. Older versions will increase backwards compatibility. If Windows doesn't need them, you'll be prompted, and you can just move on to the next one.

For me it has allways been my my OC when i get a DX12 crash, have you overclocked the GPU? Also what settings are you playing at?

I had the same since updating to 1.6.
Constant error after 5-10 minutes of gaming, regardless of the settings or ray tracing settings.
Kept reading forums, tried everything.
What worked or maybe a combination of these:
1, V sync enable + 60 fps limit.
2, Lowered my RAM from 3200Mhz to 3000Mhz

And after hours and days trying to find the solution it worked.
The v sync may not be necessary. I'll try it later today

BTW, I have disabled MSI Afterburner & Nvidia geforce experience in-game overlay, but didn't close the programs, just disabled the overlays.
And I play with mods
Edit: and I nearly forgot that my 3090 Strix is a bit undervolted but not too much. Usually stays around 65 C degrees

Last edited:
For me it has allways been my my OC when i get a DX12 crash, have you overclocked the GPU? Also what settings are you playing at?
I haven't OC'ed my GPU, Manufacturer did that for me (MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio) and CPU is running at default speed
Post automatically merged:

I had the same since updating to 1.6.
Constant error after 5-10 minutes of gaming, regardless of the settings or ray tracing settings.
Kept reading forums, tried everything.
What worked or maybe a combination of these:
1, V sync enable + 60 fps limit.
2, Lowered my RAM from 3200Mhz to 3000Mhz

And after hours and days trying to find the solution it worked.
The v sync may not be necessary. I'll try it later today

BTW, I have disabled MSI Afterburner & Nvidia geforce experience in-game overlay, but didn't close the programs, just disabled the overlays.
And I play with mods
Edit: and I nearly forgot that my 3090 Strix is a bit undervolted but not too much. Usually stays around 65 C degrees
Did No.1
For 2, I have 3000 MHz RAM and I lowered it by 200 MHz.
Disabled overlays
Quit Discord

It did work for a while, but it still crashed
Post automatically merged:

I think I fixed it.
If you have GPU tweak software, Like MSI Dragon Centre set the GPU to Silent or Low Profile or something like that.
I went back on my save with 40h and before Silent profile, it would spit out gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(42). Now it runs fine

Last edited:
I think I fixed it.
If you have GPU tweak software, Like MSI Dragon Centre set the GPU to Silent or Low Profile or something like that.
I went back on my save with 40h and before Silent profile, it would spit out gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(42). Now it runs fine
Hmm does that Silent profile change anything else but fan profiles? Might be it undervolting the card and that messes with the game in some way?

Hmm does that Silent profile change anything else but fan profiles? Might be it undervolting the card and that messes with the game in some way?
I have no idea, I've read that someone had a problem when his game crashed when the 1080 reached 1600 MHz. My 2080S is beyond that but he has said that he also ran silent profile so I ran that. That solved my issue

I have no idea, I've read that someone had a problem when his game crashed when the 1080 reached 1600 MHz. My 2080S is beyond that but he has said that he also ran silent profile so I ran that. That solved my issue
Could be a vga bios issue or that the card pulls too much power/boosts too high so it crashes dx12. I got those crashes when i pushed my OC too high like i said. As soon as i backed it off a little it ran fine. Just like i guess the silent profile does.

Top Bottom