Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Had the same problem.Solved it after i installed the newest graphic cards driver and only intalled german language with german subs (before that i've also installed english subtitles).

I have download the 2 files needed but for whatever reason they do not launch. The problem is it doesn't show a specific file type or anything and the patch has no program to open it with that I have.Is there a program that I'm to use to recoginize these files? Very frustrating
I had the same problem. Add .exe to the ends of the filenames if they don't already have that extension. Then just double-click them.I hope that helps!

Hi everyone. The EE upgrade has installed and works OK.However when I installed the langauge pack it took about two seconds to install; surely that can't be right. How do you know if it's been installed correctly?

Well, the same problem of all Russian original holders. Installing of drivers for video, as like as choosing only your own language and subs during installation are not the salvation of problem, SteveFX =( Damn....

After searching this site and several others, it honestly looks like I'm the only one with this problem.What the heck.I have the /3GB and /PAE switches activated on my computer. Could that have anything to do with it?For some reason that did indeed allow it to be installed. New problem in first post.

yes. It's mentioned in the FAQQ: The Patch installation process is not responding. Has my PC crashed?A: The process of “modifying game files” can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours depending on your operating system and hardware (it runs faster on Windows Vista). Throughout the installation process, Task Manager will show its status as “Not responding.” That’s absolutely normal. Do not end the task or the process. Aborting the process will damage the installed game and necessitate reinstallation of both the game and the patch.so don't worry Beer
Encounted the same problem but I started the process of modifiying the files before I went to bed, thinking everything will be fine by tomorrow. That was about 7 hours ago and it still says it's modifying the files and the task manager says "not responding". I know you will ask about my rig so here it is:Windows XP Professional x64 EditionIntel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz4094MB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra (latest drivers)Still normal?

Hey guys, i don't know if any of you have the same problem with me. But i'm having difficulties installing the Enchanced Edition.Firstly, everything goes well at first, until the installation pauses for a while and and error message shows up that shows DATA ERROR ( CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK) with file Data4.cab. This happened at about 60% of the installation.Fine, i tried it again, this time it stopped at about 3% of the installation process showing the same error DATA ERROR( CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK) with another file name. Did it a third time, this time i managed to finish installing the game disc but after i was promted to put in the Bonus disc to finish processing the rest of the installation, the same ERROR pops up, DATA ERROR( CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK) with data5.cab.My point is that my installation is always interrupted at different points of the installation. I did my research, figured out that it might be a faulty disc, so i took the disc back to the retail shop to get an exchange. I explained the shopkeeper my problem and he decided that he needs to test out the disc to make sure it was really faulty. he installed it on his computer in his shop and IT WAS INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY, TWICE!!! when it didnt work on my com.I'm using a Windows Vista 32 bit Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.4ghz, 3gig RAM, Graphics card 8800GTX, seems to fit the minimum requirement pretty well.The shopkeeper told me it could be my DVD-ROM and not the disc, i'm pretty confused. anybody has this problem? Please help me, i don't wanna waste 52 bucks on this game......

Exactly the same problem here on my australian limited edition.Already running with the most up to date drivers (geforce 8800gts), and my witcher install is fresh.The filesizes on the patch/language pack i've downloaded look fine, and i've also tried selecting only english subtitles to no avail.If you try and ignore it you get:Feature transfer errorFeature: NotCensoredComponent: file: Error:Catastrophic failure.and it dies after that. Downloading the patch from a different site now to compare md5sums.Edit: Thats on a vista64bit install.

Hey guys, I try this now for the fourth time or whatever and it´s still not working.I´ve downloaded the patch and the german language pack and it´s not working and I´m sick and tired of this c***.Everytime I try to run the Upgrade Patch it ends with the problem that Redistributables can´t be installed and I don´t know why, I´m online, I´ve registered my game now TWICE and nothing´s working.Can anybody help with this problem?I tried to re-install the Game and registered it new, but it´s still not working.

Interesting, i'm having the localized.key issue as well, however:
Code:
d811cd48e0e0b159ae4ecf977055de5c *TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exef9802e7447bfb080e8f061d9acf47db5 *TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe21e96ffd871db9797830313f5380271a *TWEE_English_language_pack.exe820ee713c092c97026ebad1a8a47f460 *TWEE_Upgrade.exe
My TWEE_Upgrade.exe has a different md5sum - downloading another copy now.Update:A new copy downloaded from fileshack has an identical filesize, however the md5sum on the fileshack one is
Code:
9ddbb3baf43c8a7236ce1c2e3c038249 *TWEE_Upgrade.exe
And it's finally installing for me!

Fixed mine!A new patch downloaded from fileshack works, and has a different checksum to the file i've already got.See http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16920.msg391898#msg391898

The language packs are installed at the same time as the patch. That's why they have to be in the same folder when the patch is run.

VippiN said:
Hi guys i'm installing right now it's been about an hour; however in task manager it's not responding. Is this normal?Also I have the langauge pack, does this get installed directly after the main upgrade patch?
The update file is using the language pack while it is running.Regards, mbj12.

When I start TWEE_Upgrade.exe there is a window with the text:>SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0 :-[

Hi there,Yesterday, I downloaded the patch and tried to install it. There was no issue whatsoever until the moment where I was supposed to wait for up to 2 hours, while the installlation was modifying some of the game files.At that time, I could enter my ID and password and was verified to have a registered copy.My PC stopped reponding. The screen was frozen.I had to reboot, but could not run the patch anymore. I had to uninstall and reinstall the game.Then I tried to re-apply the patch. And this time, my ID and pass wont get verified at all, as I get the error message: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE REMOTE SERVER.I came back 6 hours later, and get the same message.Anyone can help?It would be very much appreciated. Been trying to install for hours and hours. :(

Hello,i've read some topics about the EE and couldn't find my problem.I downloaded "TWEE_Upgrade.exe", failed. I did again and it was installing, but suddenly an error occured. A file was corrupted and it canceled the EE Patch...So i downloaded AGAIN for hours at 34KBs and got a clean File, just to get the error that my Witcher Installation is not clean(The EE Patch killed it...).What can i do now? REdownload again? I would like not to reinstall The Witcher.

I Tried to download the patch for the second time without a download manager and i not met any kind of problems

Yesterday, I downloaded the patch and tried to install it. There was no issue whatsoever until the moment where I was supposed to wait for up to 2 hours, while the installlation was modifying some of the game files.At that time, I could enter my ID and password and was verified to have a registered copy.My PC stopped reponding. The screen was frozen.I had to reboot, but could not run the patch anymore. I had to uninstall and reinstall the game.Then I tried to re-apply the patch. And this time, my ID and pass wont get verified at all, as I get the error message: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE REMOTE SERVER.I came back 6 hours later, and get the same message.Anyone can help?It would be very much appreciated. Been trying to install for hours and hours. Sad

Top Bottom