Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Voloo said:
yes. It's mentioned in the FAQQ: The Patch installation process is not responding. Has my PC crashed?A: The process of “modifying game files” can last anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours depending on your operating system and hardware (it runs faster on Windows Vista). Throughout the installation process, Task Manager will show its status as “Not responding.” That’s absolutely normal. Do not end the task or the process. Aborting the process will damage the installed game and necessitate reinstallation of both the game and the patch.so don't worry Beer
Encounted the same problem but I started the process of modifiying the files before I went to bed, thinking everything will be fine by tomorrow. That was about 7 hours ago and it still says it's modifying the files and the task manager says "not responding". I know you will ask about my rig so here it is:Windows XP Professional x64 EditionIntel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz4094MB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra (latest drivers)Still normal?
Same problem here, installation of the patch never finishes. I have XP64 too. Using a process monitor, it is easy too see that the patch is trying to write the file "meshes00.bif" without success. The error is "insufficient resources" (the result is seen from the process monitor, the patching process just hangs),. Any Ideas?

Just read this on the FAQ:
Q: I have the 64-bit version of Windows XP and the installation process never runs to completion.A: Installation might be a problem with the 64-bit version of Windows XP. The process of “modifying game files” may not run to completion. To avoid this, run TWEE_Upgrade.exe in Windows 95 compatibility mode (right-click on the file and go to the file properties, then the “Compatibility” tab).
Think I will try this.

mbj12 said:
mbj12 said:
After the Registrationserver working again I got another error while trying to install EE:
Code:
Fehler bei der Featureübertragung:Feature: NotCensoredComponent: -Datei: -Beschreibung: Catastrophic Failure
What can I do about that?Hi,I am getting the same error. I have XP SP3 and the UK version of the game.Regards, MBJ12.
What now? :mad: Anybody solved problem?

Voloo said:
Q: I have the 64-bit version of Windows XP and the installation process never runs to completion.A: Installation might be a problem with the 64-bit version of Windows XP. The process of “modifying game files” may not run to completion. To avoid this, run TWEE_Upgrade.exe in Windows 95 compatibility mode (right-click on the file and go to the file properties, then the “Compatibility” tab).
Think I will try this.
I dont know, same thing happens to me and I'm on 32-bit XP with SP3... I'll try setting the compatibility mode to Windows 95 but I've got a bad feeling that won't help. I'm installing the Witcher for the 3rd time now and it's kinda getting frustrating. I gave up playing the Witcher when I heard about the EE patch and I was quite motivated to play it now that it's out, but if this ****** carries on my motivation will be gone quicker than you can say "enhanced".Any other ideas?

Voloo said:
Think I will try this.
Don't bother. I tried and the same thing happens.

Hello,sorry but i did. Do you refere to the Downloadmanager? Tried that.Edit01: BTW My TWEE_Upgrade.exe is 909 MB but without an icon. Same goes for Language pack. Side Adventures are fine.

so now what?quick question, does your TWEE_Upgrade.exe have an icon? I noticed that all the other patch files (language, new modules etc.) have a "the Witcher" icon, except the TWEE_Upgrade.exe itself. Now I'm beginning to think that the download may be corrupt. do you guys have no icons also or is this just a fluke?

Don't bother. I tried and the same thing happens.
Damn, that sucks. Well, the process is all ready under way so I might just go with it and se what happends.
do you guys have no icons also or is this just a fluke?
I do got icon on my TWEE_Uppgrade.exe just like the lanquage pack.

ynamite said:
so now what?quick question, does your TWEE_Upgrade.exe have an icon? I noticed that all the other patch files (language, new modules etc.) have a "the Witcher" icon, except the TWEE_Upgrade.exe itself. Now I'm beginning to think that the download may be corrupt. do you guys have no icons also or is this just a fluke?
Yes. It is possible your download is corrupted. Calculate the m5sum and compare it to that:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16920.msg391150#msg391150

If the patch install was interupted you will have to reinstall the original game and try the patch again. The file you downloaded is fine (909mb without icon).

matviiwi said:
Yes. It is possible your download is corrupted. Calculate the m5sum and compare it to that:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16920.msg391150#msg391150
i'll check it out, thanks. but don't you think the patch wouldn't run at all if the file was corrupt?edit:nope, md5 checksum seems to match up with the working patches... so I guess I'm back at square one, damnit... :wall:

ynamite said:
ynamite said:
hahahahaah 2 Hours????? My PC finished the process after 10 minutes ;D ;D ;D
oh my god, your pc must be uber. or not. dumbass
I don't know if it is uber....I Have Quad Core Q6600 - 4 GB RAM - Windows Vista Business

Probably safe to say that the auth. servers are getting hammered right now, mostly by people trying to install the game but having problems and needing to re authenticate over and over. Hate to say it but I think all of these issues may drag out for awhile, few days maybe or more. :dead:

Lyomar said:
I don't know if it is uber....I Have Quad Core Q6600 - 4 GB RAM - Windows Vista Business
I think the "dumbass" should have given it away... oh well let's try this again, your pc is only really cool and uber when it can make you coffee and fresh chocolate sprinkled brownies with cream in under 11 minutes and 33 seconds. now why don't you make like a tree and leaf?

Top Bottom