Evelyn Parker - Alive and Well - Alt Story Route Mod

+
Hello fellow Cyberpunks!

WARNING ⚠️ SPOILERS AHEAD

Have you ever wanted to save Evelyn Parker, and it not be in vain? Ever wanted Judy to be happy, and for Evelyn to make a full recovery? Have you ever wanted to punch or kill Fingers without worrying about losing access to the best Sandy in the game? Well, here we are, finally a way to do just that and keep Evelyn alive and well.

This thread is for those of us who want Evelyn to be more than just a throwaway character, and want to bring a way for her to actually survive into the game. This will overhaul certain dialogue options you can have with Judy and Evelyn during and after the quest you recover Evelyn from the scavs. Granted, Evelyn being alive will make it almost impossible for Judy to be romanced, but I'm sure we would want her to be happy either way.

Things this mod would change:

- You will be able screw up yanking the cable too early or too late when recovering Evelyn, which will determine the state she returns to Judy's apartment in.

- Too early, you have a veggie just like normal and you know where that leads.

- Too late, Evelyn recovers, but not fully to the point she would be able to help V in the main quest line. Judy will still be the one to accompany you in missions while Evelyn can be found alive in Judy's apartment, with the romance option locked for Judy.

- You will now be able to time pulling the cable so when Judy gives a queue by saying, "Now!" Evelyn will accompany V in future missions in person instead of Judy, and Judy will be running on the sidelines to assist through the net with similar mission dialogue.

- In the scenario you kill Fingers, Vic will gain all of his inventory even if you don't save Evelyn. If you DO save Evelyn however, the legendary Sandy will now be a reward that Judy gives you for killing Fingers as well as saving Evelyn. This puts the legendary Sandy in your inventory to be equipped at any ripperdoc.

This is going to be a project and will probably take some time to complete, but it is worth it for the sake of Evelyn, Judy, and us the players who really want to cap Fingers with no consequences.

Kudos for taking on such a massive task, hope it works out well. For me personally I don't think an alternate story is needed for Evelyn. Trying to create the perfect ending for every character in Night City just doesn't make sense, some ppl will get swallowed up by the city, that's the point of her story and it would be a disservice to the story itself. Evelyn dying is why Judy and the others had the courage to stand up for themselves and against the abuse happening at Clouds. Things don't always work out well and you don't always get what you want, that's life and an important lesson.

Kudos for taking on such a massive task, hope it works out well. For me personally I don't think an alternate story is needed for Evelyn. Trying to create the perfect ending for every character in Night City just doesn't make sense, some ppl will get swallowed up by the city, that's the point of her story and it would be a disservice to the story itself. Evelyn dying is why Judy and the others had the courage to stand up for themselves and against the abuse happening at Clouds. Things don't always work out well and you don't always get what you want, that's life and an important lesson.
But in an open world game not a novel, we should have choices that lead to different results.

More reason alternative routes is always welcomed for me, even better if official devs keep their promises and fill them back in themselves 🤷🏻‍♂️
But it ain't gonna happen anyway

Um, yes, all of that, except.. Evelyn was the reason I even started posting here (she's the character I wanted to live the most..).
I get it now. It was meant to be, the way it went. Even though, all I want is to save Evelyn Parker. She's just a puzzle piece that went into place as events unfold. Most importantly, it was by choice - her choice. And I'll respect that. No matter how I'd want it the other way.

Best of luck with it. I'd love to start seeing more mods that change the story in fundamental ways. Not sure how you're going to do it, but if you succeed, maybe it will provide a pattern for more such alterations.

Have you ever wanted to save Evelyn Parker,
Nope. I only went to free her anyway for Judy and nobody deserves to be subjected to what she was, but frankly she was kind of stupid and a backstabbing opportunist. I have no doubt if the heist had went successfully she would have tried to screw over V anyway. Good luck with the mod though, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Top Bottom