Extra Content plans for TW -- Download MP3 Music/Videos, Game Extensions, Etc

+
Extra Content plans for TW -- Download MP3 Music/Videos, Game Extensions, Etc

So, looks like the Witcher will see extra content, AFTER its released -- if you register your game w/ them -- click me!CD Projekt RED plans on releasing extra stuff for those who do, which will include these kinds of things for you to be able to download:--Patches (of course)--Game Extensions--MP3 Music--MP3 Videos--Tips from Game Designers--Etc etc.Kudos, CD Projekt RED for planning to give us extra content!Especially Game Extensions and MP3 Music.

Man, CDP Red don't sease to amaze me with the devotion they have for this, for their fans. Up to now i am really happy with their work and the kind of commitment i see on their part. I will get my copy on Friday, and i believe (and hope) it will be a unique gaming experience. (unless the game has major flaws, which i very much doubt. :) )Abd giving us extra content after we register... Well, i have never registered a game. Time to do so i think!! :DKeep up the fantastic job guys.

Very nice! I love this idea! Mp3 downloads sound great and extra content does as well.I'll be registering!

Link006 said:
Very nice! I love this idea! Mp3 downloads sound great and extra content does as well.I'll be registering!
All I can say for now, is that you won't regret it - we are preparing loads of interesting stuff from all around the game for our new community members :). Stay tuned.

Just for registering, we get extra content w/ The Witcher.......Maybe EA, Flagship, and Bill Roper should take notes on how to NOT milk their gamers for their hard-earned money.

Brysiu said:
Brysiu said:
All I can say for now, is that you won't regret it - we are preparing loads of interesting stuff from all around the game for our new community members :). Stay tuned.
I really can't wait to see what the heck you guys got planned for us.It's really great that you guys plan to give us an SDK (possibly by Christmas), MP3 Music, MP3 Videos, Game Extensions, and other extra stuff.I'm really going to be interested in seeing what you guys have coming for, more than anything, Game Extensions, myself. I'm guessing we'll see maybe every now and then -- hopefully -- a few new quests, a few new skills, a few new NPC's, and few new collectible in-game cards. Even the tiniest of additions to keep players interested, is good stuff. That'd really be great -- especially since many games don't get much added to it, once its out.Now, if you implemented say additional new areas to the gameworld, that'd be amazing! :p About the "Game extensions", that's great. I can't wait to see what you guys plan to add right into this game -- whether it's content thrown onto the cutting room floor for time constraints to get the game out to add back in there, brand new content, or whatever you plan to add. Kudos, CD Projekt RED!

Good news for people who wants listen The Witcher's music without downloading mp3 files etc. All in-game music is in .ogg files :). So, you can listen to every track in the game :].

Rondel said:
Good news for people who wants listen The Witcher's music without downloading mp3 files etc. All in-game music is in .ogg files :). So, you can listen to every track in the game :].
Ooooh, that'd be amazing if they released the ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK for download to those who register.Though, I don't know how mad that'd make those who bought The Euro Collector's Ed, though... :p

Since they are planning to release later some MP3 Music, it'd be ALSO really damn cool if it's some NEW music.And, if they add some new music to INSERT RIGHT INTO the game, too!That would keep the game music fresh!!!I mean, hell -- how many times do we get eventually sick of hearing some game's Main Theme and Battle Music Themes play over and over in the game, as much as we might like it??? Or eventually grow too tired and used to hearing the same 10 songs get played to death in the game??See Morrowind and Oblivion, for exact. :p

Sounds like lots of additional fun:) Cool. I realy look forward to moding tools. Gamers can do things that even the developers could only dream about;) Seriously speaking i would be great not to pay for every new upgrade, item, plot you get in the add on. That was one of the thing i did not like in NWN. Hope to hear more after the release.

AnTi said:
See Morrowind and Oblivion, for exact.
Bingo! These are exactly the games I enhanched with my own soundtrack (luckily thats easy to do).*thumbsup*
I didn't mess around much w/ Oblivion's music folder...But I'm guessing you just put the files in the Music folder......And if you want them to play in specific times and locations, you'd use the TES Construction Kit and configure that.Is it that simple??

even more simple. There are folders: Explore, Public, Fight, Dungeon or something. You put some nice mp3 (medieval music recommended) in there, You hear them in game. Its the same in both Oblivion and Morrowind. The stupid thing is that I dont hear my combat music because my opponents die very quickly >:-DBut thats the only example I know where one can add ingame music that easy. It depends on the program. I'm quite sceptical that there will be additional ingame music for the witcher.... *think* I think Guild Wars had such an unlockable music feature for Collectors Edition too...

AnTi said:
even more simple. There are folders: Explore, Public, Fight, Dungeon or something. You put some nice mp3 (medieval music recommended) in there, You hear them in game. Its the same in both Oblivion and Morrowind. The stupid thing is that I dont hear my combat music because my opponents die very quickly >:-D
Ooooh, even better!!!That's REAL easy then. :)
But thats the only example I know where one can add ingame music that easy. It depends on the program. I'm quite sceptical that there will be additional ingame music for the witcher.... *think* I think Guild Wars had such an unlockable music feature for Collectors Edition too...
I wonder how the Witcher works w/ music....if it makes it THAT simple...

Game Extensions Questions For CD Projekt REDSo, I got some questions for CD Projekt RED.So, guys -- what should we all expect for "game extensions?"New weapons?New armor?New spells?New skills?New NPC's in general? New NPC's to get "collectible cards" from?Will new NPC's have new voice-over audio, too?New locations?New land-masses?New cities to explore?New dungeons??New quests to do?Additional options and choices added to already existing quests?

Excellent news.Egosoft and the X series, and Stardocks GalCiv series comes to mind. Every time I hear about them from somewhere other than their own sites it's always - they provide a bunch of additional quality content. Not all of it is free of course, but they do a heck of a lot more than most others, and it sure gets the word around. They both have a huge word of mouth following as a result. Its great to see CDP moving in the same direction. Congrats, I hope it all pans out :)

Mopy said:
Excellent news.Egosoft and the X series, and Stardocks GalCiv series comes to mind. Every time I hear about them from somewhere other than their own sites it's always - they provide a bunch of additional quality content. Not all of it is free of course, but they do a heck of a lot more than most others, and it sure gets the word around. They both have a huge word of mouth following as a result. Its great to see CDP moving in the same direction. Congrats, I hope it all pans out :)
Well, full-sized Expansions often ain't free. :p hehe!Though, Egosoft did release their own Bala Gi Missions and remove the nasty StarForce Protection Check from X3: Reunion in a Patch 2.0, which was great. BethSoft released their latest and Official Final DLC Content for free, for its first week of release. Now you have to pay for it, though -- free week is over, though.It's cool to see CDP Red planning some DLC stuff for Witcher owners, to say the least. I can't wait to see some of the stuff they've got coming our way.

Top Bottom