Fantasy or Sci-fi/Cyberpunk

+

• Total voters

So I was been thinking... and I have simple question for all of you.

Which setting you like more to watch/read/play... Fantasy or Sci-fi/Cyberpunk?... or do you prefer only Sci-fi / only Cyberpunk?. And from the start I would say that I thank you for all the votes and posts which you will add here...you're helping me a lot.

yours truly Damariel Alunnar.

Difficult. Fantasy and Cyberpunk are yes for all media. But I'm less accepting on other kinds of sci-fi.
Read? Yes.
Watch? Occasionally, but there's a lot I don't like much.
Play? Usually no.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that the result of the poll on the cyberpunk forum will lean towards sci-fi and cyberpunk, while the one over at the witcher forum - towards fantasy.

Also, the poll lets me pick more than one option.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that the result of the poll on the cyberpunk forum will lean towards sci-fi and cyberpunk, while the one over at the witcher forum - towards fantasy.

Also, the poll lets me pick more than one option.

Yeah I guess so... but I want to check how many Cyberpunk fans like Fantasy too so my actions were intended ;]... of course it's other way around as well :)

Because I know some people like both answers at the same level. :)

Last edited:
I despise fantasy for some reason no matter its books movies or games and so on. I prefer the setting of at least 20th century or sci-fi and it applies to everything even interior in my room

I do, pretty sure we're meant to pick just one, though. Not much of a point of having "Sci-fi/Cyberpunk", "only Sci-fi" and "only Cyberpunk" options at the same time otherwise.

Last edited:
Cybepunk only, with a bit of Post Apocalypse thrown in......

I really don't care much for fantasy anymore, and I am not a fan of supernatural, super powers, aliens, or any of that stuff. It's just not my bag.

I have to go hard line here. Sci-fi has greater potential to comment on the human condition or human potential than fantasy does. Cyberpunk, like hard sci-fi, is closer to our own reality, more relatable, more relevant. So Cyberpunk offers insight that space opera or alternate realities cannot. It's what we'll be coming up against in the near future. That said, Sapkowski has come closer than any other fantasy author in making the Witcher relevant in exactly this way. CDPR knows this, and that's what makes The Witcher the perfect segue into Cyberpunk.

I do, pretty sure we're meant to pick just one, though. Not much of a point of having "Sci-fi/Cyberpunk", "only Sci-fi" and "only Cyberpunk" options at the same time otherwise.

Well, it's fairly simple... you can like Fantasy and Cyberpunk(or Sci-fi), but you don't like Sci-fi(or Cyberpunk)... for this I added multiple choice and parted Cyberpunk and Sci-fi in option 3 and 4.... If you don't like Fantasy but lik other both you have option 2 or 3 and 4 if you don't like one of them ;] (option 2 is also for all this series/books/games that have both of them)

Top Bottom