Fastidious and senseless lag...

+
Hi,
I'm writing this thread 'cuz I've just bought The Witcher 2 on Steam after I checked from AMD's last edition of their Radeon software (I have an AMD Video Card). It said I have recommended specifications for this game... but when I opened The Witcher 2 I encountered a truly fastidious lag (15/20 fps)... and now Idk what to do! Could you help me?
Here are my specs:
  • AMD A9-9420 - 3Ghz (max: 3.6)
  • 8gb RAM
  • AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
  • 240gb SSD Sata
Tell me if you need something else.
Thanks,
R.

p.s. I tried to optimize with everything I could but nothing.

Attachments

• thewitcher2specs.png
    thewitcher2specs.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Thewitcher2specifications.PNG
    Thewitcher2specifications.PNG
    106.6 KB · Views: 119
The r5 series is usually below the minimum recommendations. Which r5 is it?

A Radeon HD3850 (512 MB) is the minimal requirement.

You might have to lower the settings a lot, maybe that will get it to run properly.

(One setting that could be killing your FPS is ubersampling, if it's switched on. I hear it can be very taxing even on modern systems and despite the game's age.)

The r5 series is usually below the minimum recommendations. Which r5 is it?

A Radeon HD3850 (512 MB) is the minimal requirement.

You might have to lower the settings a lot, maybe that will get it to run properly.
My video card is Radeon R5 Graphics, an integrated chip, but look at this: https://technical.city/en/video/Radeon-HD-3850-vs-Radeon-R5-mobile-Graphics. About lowering the settings a lot, I tried and I got 5 more fps than before, but I also tried to improve quality, and I lost about 5/6 fps.
Post automatically merged:

(One setting that could be killing your FPS is ubersampling, if it's switched on. I hear it can be very taxing even on modern systems and despite the game's age.)
Thank you, I go to check if it's ON.
It was OFF... what should I do now?

Last edited:
It still doesn't say what kind of r5 GPU it is (there are a few models out there...).
But as mentioned before, often these r5 types are not good enough for this game.

Other than lowering everything you can, I don't see many other options. Also, don't forget that lowering the resolution can improve the performance a lot, too.

It still doesn't say what kind of r5 GPU it is (there are a few models out there...).
But as mentioned before, often these r5 types are not good enough for this game.

Other than lowering everything you can, I don't see many other options. Also, don't forget that lowering the resolution can improve the performance a lot, too.
That's the problem... every program I download says Radeon R5 Graphics and doesn't mention which exactly model it is... Idk what to do, if wait for a new PC or try to search another solution somewhere...
Thank you for the resolution's suggestion

Top Bottom