Favorite guns?

+
Weird, a thread that's on topic. I must have been away again.

I would personally argue that double chopping wouldn't affect accuracy (in most cases) since that's represented by the loss of range (what was once a Diff 20 (medium range) is now Diff 30 (extreme range) and what was farther away is now completely unable to be hit. After all, sawnoff shotguns (leopard guns) go from having a stock and a 28" barrel to being pistol gripped and having a 12" (or even smaller) barrel, which would be a stock chop and a double barrel chop for certain. You can hit fairly easily with them, but not at the ranges you could with a hunting shotgun.

I will say that chopping a gas operated gun (like the venerable AK) is a severe challenge as it requires completely recalibrating the gas blowback system or the thing will blow up. I've seen it done (after all, the Draco pistol is essentially a heavily cut AK) but it would be a much higher check with a lot more time involved. I've also seen (on that one show with the drama and scripting) that the gas blow-back system can be modified to change calibers or make an integral suppressor for an AK.
I don't really know what advantage you would get to chopping a (real) bullpup since the barrel is usually just behind or just ahead of the short foregrip.

It is mostly for concealability, and an adjustment for what can best be described as Area of Use/work use. It is easier to room by room with a shorter weapon then a long weapon, as well as range not being the factor it is outside of the building on the street or out in the wilds where long ranges and longer weapons rule.

A shortened barrel in the city has nowhere near the drawback as in the wild as there are so many chances that a building or vehicle can interfere with your LOS, closing range with a target reduces the potential for such interference.

I also enjoy expanding the weapon models on the firearms in CP2020, in the case of the Sternmeyer CG-13 which has 2 actual published models. The one in the main rulebook (Which does not have a clip and is reloaded round per round) and the "B" model which is in Corp book #2 I believe (The Petrochem book) which is reloaded by a clip (90 rnd in fact) which is much better in a longer fire fight. I added a shortened barrel Model based off the "B" one for in house work, I was thinking of adding another one with an even shorter barrel as a PDW class weapon, which is why I asked what folks thought about it above. I figured the PDW model would be good for bodyguards and such maybe even limiting it to a 3 rnd burst for added accuracy for it's expected use range.

@Jacqsynn

I believe Fuzzies point was not 'why would you bother chopping the barrel?' but ' why would you bother chopping 2 or 3 inches of the barrel, because it wouldn't make much difference?' The actual benefits of shorter barrels are fairly obvious to anyone who understand some of the simpler concepts involved in CQB and the urban battleground. The fact is that the vast majority of Bullpups do not have an excessive amount of barrel protruding beyond the trigger assembly. There just isn't really enough of the barrel spare to chop, so there would not be much of a benefit to doing so.

The CG-13 from Solo of Fortune has an internal magazine, reloaded by 'pouring' a disposable box of ammo into it. Certainly more fiddley than just swapping mags, but not what I would consider drastically more time consuming.

1) The reason I gave is based on the actual illustration of the CG-13 in the main rulebook, which even if the illustration isn't accurate to what the weapon would look like shows that there is room to modify the weapon in the ways I mentioned. And I modified on the B model as that is the CP2020 version of the gun where the Solo of Fortune is the origional 2013 book. I also informed him that I enjoy expanding on weapons models in the game, as stated in the post and gave my reason's for it.

Like some of you know, i really like old, unique and one of a kind weapons.. Like this Landstad 1900 automatic revolver:

And this Zulacia y Cia automatic revolver:

Or this:

I mean, it doesn't have to look great, but it has to carry that certain style..

Wait. A joyboy named..Adonis? With Gun-fu NINJITSU?!

I'm not even..what...?

Orginally the Character was a bit of a joke. A Chinese/Japanese Joyboy desinged to gather information as well as protect the fixer that won him in a game of cards.

In a campaign that was moving from all-combat to more role-playing and potential operative work it seemed to be a good move.

I picked those martial arts on the reasoning of his Yakuza and Tong connections, as well as being able to be extremely dangerous in close combat with concealable weapons (Cho Li Fut was getting old in that game).

Eventually the character changed roles and became a Fixer himself.

Favorite?

Well I tend not to lean heavily into brands or rehashing the same guns with a new character. However I tend to lean towards what the character is as far as class, and put my choices in terms of CaCR.

Caliber

Accuracy

Cost

Reliability

Reliability is the most important weapon stat in the game in a firefight. It might not come into play very often, but when it does, I damn sure want a weapon that passes the test.

With my Solo I loved the H&K CAWS 11.

That weapon was BEAST!

I managed to take down two Borgs with it (not at once though), with Thermite Rounds.

Ah yes Thermite Rounds...went though about four CAWS because of that ammo too.

Favorite?

Well I tend not to lean heavily into brands or rehashing the same guns with a new character. However I tend to lean towards what the character is as far as class, and put my choices in terms of CaCR.

Caliber

Accuracy

Cost

Reliability

Reliability is the most important weapon stat in the game in a firefight. It might not come into play very often, but when it does, I damn sure want a weapon that passes the test.

you stole that line from de niro :p

Ah warsend, he loves the worthless guns that were unlovable to anyone else but their creators... bless his heart.

Although really, I think he just digs the antique/homemade steel and wood look... and I can get behind that.

With my Solo I loved the H&K CAWS 11.

That weapon was BEAST!

I managed to take down two Borgs with it (not at once though), with Thermite Rounds.

Ah yes Thermite Rounds...went though about four CAWS because of that ammo too.

I was a huge fan of the Pancor Jackhammer, even if it looked like a really cheesy ray gun, but even more, I was a fan of buying extra mags for it, and loading them with thermite... The 10 round drum mags for the jackhammer you see had a very special unique option... a switch could be flipped, turning it into an anti-personnel mine, discharging all 10 rounds at once...

Set that in pretty much anything's path and it's going to have a bad day....

Ah warsend, he loves the worthless guns that were unlovable to anyone else but their creators... bless his heart.

Although really, I think he just digs the antique/homemade steel and wood look... and I can get behind that.

I was a huge fan of the Pancor Jackhammer, even if it looked like a really cheesy ray gun, but even more, I was a fan of buying extra mags for it, and loading them with thermite... The 10 round drum mags for the jackhammer you see had a very special unique option... a switch could be flipped, turning it into an anti-personnel mine, discharging all 10 rounds at once...

Set that in pretty much anything's path and it's going to have a bad day....

Ah yes I always found that at 30 eb a shot people should be honored to die by Thermite rounds...I found shotguns to be the most underrated weapon in the game. Most of the players I played with loved rifles and although while at ranged they are awesome close up I always felt shotguns took the cake.

Quite a few of my characters packed a 10ga sawn off, usually in a holster on their thigh or the small of their back.

At point blank, there isn't much that is more intimidating.

At longer ranges, you can normally grab cover and pull out a rifle.

Top Bottom