What I hate in 2.0: machine guns and sentry ripped machineguns now "spool" up their firerate the longer you shoot. That is too fortnite and gamey.

+
From what I remember this is new in 2.0.

I have an lmg and I tested it on the heavy mgs you can take off sentry guns.

For both cases the gun now "spools" their firerate, and its stupid. I hate it. It is gamey and irritating and moves the game towards goofy fortnite fantasy gun handling. I really liked that in the original game, despite the high tech setting, the game was grounded in realism of realistic car interiors and a lot of firearms with realistic mechanisms, and almost no laser weapons. And my favorite weapon type was the machineguns.

From a product design view, the people who designed the appearance and animations of most guns managed something amazing: They blended functional realism with scifi. And now the gameplay design of 2.0 betrays that by giving some guns highly unrealistic behaviour.

Please revert that change. It's the realism of driving and guns that keeps me playing this game.

Im not sure I understand (and I havent played 2.0 as Im waiting Phantom Liberty). What does "spooling firerate" mean exactly?
Basically the machinegun fires at a very slow rate and as you keep the button down the firerate accelerates. It is highly unrealistic and makes it feel very gamey.

I am really not liking these gamified new changes to the machineguns. Feels like "spicing up" gameplay for the sake of spicing up at the cost of the realistic gun handling.

I am really not liking these gamified new changes to the machineguns. Feels like "spicing up" gameplay for the sake of spicing up at the cost of the realistic gun handling.

I agree that does sound bad and unrealistic.

CDPR are known for choosing "gamey" systems over immersive elements though. Lately they have been making good strides in the correct (immersive) direction which Im happy about.

Ok this is weird. I used the same gun in another save, and the firerate was normal. Then I suspected that perhaps a perk is causing this and unfortunately it is:
2023-09-24 12_41_21-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.png

Now I have to AVOID that entire skill tree if I want my guns to be realistic. I hate these gamey perk trees.

That's not "unrealistic".

You tend to fire at a slow pace when you're not panicking. When panicking (low stamina), you'll fire at max rate, with a loss of accuracy, pretty much covering fire-style.

That's not a bad idea. You'll burn your box of ammo quick if you don't move to a cover, to regain stamina.

Actually it's not "gamey" at all, except the 15% bonus for recoil: it should be +15% recoil instead.

You tend to fire at a slow pace when you're not panicking. When panicking (low stamina), you'll fire at max rate, with a loss of accuracy, pretty much covering fire-style.

That's not a bad idea. You'll burn your box of ammo quick if you don't move to a cover, to regain stamina.

Actually it's not "gamey" at all, except the 15% bonus for recoil: it should be +15% recoil instead.

how does holding a trigger on a machinegun wit fixed fire rate influence fire rate based on your panicked or not state? you are not pressing the trigger more frequently

I wouldn't mind certain brands with spool mechanics but allow other brands of LMGs with slower fire rates or higher fire rates without the requirement of spooling.

Its a bit offtopic but wish you could order heavy gear and put in your car trunk like HMG and maybe some Heavy Armor.

A realistic solution would be to allow different recoil spring modifications to change the firerate to a fixed and different rate, no spooling, just a swap out piece that changes it from one rate to another. Then it would preserve realism.
Post automatically merged:

Your gun's mechanism and recoil spring compression does not care about the emotional state of the shooter. It's pure gamey fantasy to change the rate of fire as a gun is shooting.

Top Bottom