First reviews – great notes!

+
First reviews – great notes!

It seems that The Witcher might become a RPG of the year. Every day the game receives great notes from gaming media. Take a look at those, already published reviews from french, german, spanish and polish media. More news coming soon! Stay with us! * Joystick review (France) 9/10 + Megastar award * PC Jeux review (France) 90% ‘Hit PC Jeux’ award * Online welten (Germany) 84% * Gamewelt (Germany) 84% (version with day one patch - 90%) * X6 (Norway) 6/6 * 3djuegos (Spain) 8.8/10 * Gry-online (Poland) 92% * Onet.pl (Poland) 9.5/10 * Gildia.pl (Poland) 9.5/10

Congratulations to Dev Team! You guys work so hard and you deserve all the respect in the world!And... Don t forget.... We are waiting for the sequel!Again, Respect and Admiration!

after 3 years the wait for me (and fellow gamers in South Africa) is almost over - so good to read that the game has been appreciated by the reviewers thus far.

i think it´s not a very good idea to mention the good ones only7/10 eurogamer:http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=8615673% german gamestar:http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/test/rollenspiel/the_witcher/1474888/the_witcher.html

Moridin said:
i think it´s not a very good idea to mention the good ones only7/10 eurogamer:http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=8615673% german gamestar:http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/test/rollenspiel/the_witcher/1474888/the_witcher.html
You are absolutely right...It's not a shame...I expect objective info about reviews...For people loving RPG witcher is realy outstanding...And is copeing great in this plastic shiny world...I still think the game is fantastic ;D

Hmm the EuroGamer review has me a little worried. They talk about dialog problems where Geralt is talking about characters he just met as if he doesn't know them or asking questions he already knows the answers too. Also you can keep repeating dialog until you like the outcome? This doesn't sound realistic to me.Anyone have any thoughts on these problems?

Bilas said:
Hmm the EuroGamer review has me a little worried. They talk about dialog problems where Geralt is talking about characters he just met as if he doesn't know them or asking questions he already knows the answers too. Also you can keep repeating dialog until you like the outcome? This doesn't sound realistic to me.Anyone have any thoughts on these problems?
Were the reviews based off of the oringial release of the game? Perhaps the patch addressed some of these issues?

Bilas said:
Hmm the EuroGamer review has me a little worried. They talk about dialog problems where Geralt is talking about characters he just met as if he doesn't know them or asking questions he already knows the answers too.
Wait, I thought Geralt had amnesia?Or did his memory come back on a few of these dialogues, suddenly?
Also you can keep repeating dialog until you like the outcome? This doesn't sound realistic to me.Anyone have any thoughts on these problems?
There's no consequence...?!?!?

Candew said:
Were the reviews based off of the oringial release of the game? Perhaps the patch addressed some of these issues?
Yes, the issue with "remembering people" was fixed in patch 1.1.

The French website jeuxvideo.com gave it a 16/20. They said it's a good game but the thing that annoyed them the most was the loading time which are a bit too long, and that there are too much clones. The Witcher est assurément un très bon jeu de rôle. Il rate juste l'excellence de peu, mais pour un premier jeu c'est vraiment prometteur. Affaire

Of course they are not going to post the bad reviews. In a Halo commercial, did you ever see "Generic magazine ranks Halo "WORST GAME EVER""? No... of course not.

Well, so far the reviews aren't that bad. If their worst review is a 7, then I think that's a pretty good sign, especially for a game that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Enh, I don't expect any random developer to post the reviews that are less than glowing, but I also don't expect any random developer to make a great game. People are always welcome to try to exceed my expectations ;) Personally I think its best to take the good with the bad.

The first reviews are promising, and its interesting that the Player/User reviews accompanying man site reviews are giving a much higher score....many other games that have been released recently have had much more exposure....possibly that CDProjekt are 'fairly new' on the scene and are not a widely recognised developer, YET, but personally I believe that they have produced a brilliant game that stands out as RPG of the year....Let the peasents speak....we are the ones playing it and know how good 'Witcher' really is....

Just bought the game this morning , had to do 1 hour of metro/tube in Paris to get it , but i really wanted a real RPG and expected this game , i'm downloading the patch right now , really happy that the game comes with a good documentation Glad to know the reviews are good , i've read the devs took 2 years for making this game , i hope it will be a success and that it will help them make an even more ambitious game in the future and boost the popularity of the RPG genre :)cheers ;)

kuddles said:
Well, so far the reviews aren't that bad. If their worst review is a 7, then I think that's a pretty good sign, especially for a game that isn't everyone's cup of tea.
What does "bad" exactly mean? ;D I don't mind reading "bad" reviews as long as they are have constructive arguments and and not noisy nagging.

Yougamers has their lengthy review up: it got an 87%. They had some issues with how many cutscenes there were and the loading times, but overall said it's the most creative and mature RPG to come along in a long time.http://www.yougamers.com/reviews/13519_the_witcher-page6/Thoroughly deserving of its 18 rating and not just because of the sex, violence and language. To stay on top of this great game or to enjoy it as intended, you need to pay attention and think before committing yourself. A far better game than the sum of its parts.
PetraSilie said:
What does "bad" exactly mean? ;D I don't mind reading "bad" reviews as long as they are have constructive arguments and and not noisy nagging.
Yeah, I have no problems with that review myself. Personally, I would have rated it a bit higher but I agree with most of the points. I was just saying that a rating of 7 out of 10 isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be, especially since most games, no matter how good, will get some poor reviews from somebody who doesn't like it as much.

Top Bottom