For your business guys - why I may go "free to play" with Gwent...

+
For your business guys - why I may go "free to play" with Gwent...

Thanks for the invitation to the Beta - I'm enjoying exploring the game. I'm the sort who, in general, prefers to buy some packs of cards. I've bought a lot (hundreds) of Hearthstone packs over the past couple years, and just picked up PvZ Heroes and already bought a bunch of packs there. Gwent is giving me pause for a strange reason I would like to describe.

The fact that you have cross-platform planned for the Win10 client and Xbox One is great. I signed up for the PC beta, though, not Xbox. So, if I buy packs now, they won't apply to either the later Win10 UWP client nor the Xbox One version of the game. This means I don't really want to buy packs now, as I normally would. Which means I'll need to learn the game, and build a collection, by the slow, arduous, free-to-play route, which I don't enjoy as much. But it's a good game, so let's presume, for the sake of discussion, that I do that.

Then I might have a decent collection by launch. But then I won't be able to use that collection to play on the cross-platform version of the game, and thus if I switch over (which is my preference) I need to start over at zero and rebuild. Not very appealing. Buying packs up front that won't apply to the version of the game I want to later play seems bad, and building a collection via free-to-play mechanics and then not being able to carry it over to the version of the game I want to play also seems bad.

None of this "feels" good. I know there are probably many technical challenges facing you, and I don't have a perfect solution to suggest. But I wanted to you to know that somebody like me - presumably a target customer, since I play such games and spend money on them - isn't feeling good about the way it's set up right now. Just my 2 cents. Have a good day.

I believe your catalog carries over from both the PC and Xbox but I'm not 100% sure.

If you do buy kegs at the moment and a reset does happen you'll get all your kegs reimbursed so it should be pretty safe to buy kegs

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I appreciate it. Nothing worse than giving some feedback and having it lost in a slew of forum posts.

I did some reading in the FAQ before posting. It looks to me - although it's not specifically addressed - that only the Win 10 UWP client will share the collection, and then only with Xbox One. The Win10 client is separate from the client that's available to us now - that we use on Win 7 or 8 (or 10 - you don't have to use UWP version). The Win10 client is obtained only through the software store built in to Windows 10, it seems, and the way I read it your collection would NOT be shared/duplicated among the various PC clients. Only this forthcoming Win10 UWP client will share a collection with XBox One. Would love to hear from devs that I'm mistaken, but that's how I read the FAQ today.

Since we don't have the Win10 UWP client available yet, I can't use that one and purchase there. I can only purchase with the regular client, and it looks like that collection doesn't overlap with the Win10 client or Xbox One.

Okay let me clear some things up for you:

- Like @Tamacountry13 if you buy any kegs right now (with real money as it is stated in FAQ, so kegs bought with in-game currency are probably excluded from this) and if there is a reset going to happen you will be given back all the kegs you bought that way
- There is a high chance a reset is going to happen - when the game is released at the latest - so "you would have to start from zero" anyways
- Its not clear whether the progression rate of this beta state will carry over to the live client, however if that is the case its actually pretty "easy" to get cards the f2p-route and its by no means as slow as you describe it. If you compare it with Hearthstone (from what I've heard) its way easier to get card packs in Gwent than in Hearthstone. Here you can get up to about 4 kegs a day, depending on how much you play (you already get 1 keg from winning 6 turns (not matches))
- Right now people seem to be complaining about the value you get for money. Basically you can get 50 kegs for 70 bucks (if Im not mistaken) and it seems that those kegs have the same drop ratio like f2p kegs. That means that if you stress it out by playing much you get the same amount of kegs after about 2-3 weeks of playing f2p, however its still the beta so the amount of kegs you get for real money or the cards you get that way might change at release

About the client thing I'm not sure how they will do it. But other games usually seperate the progress over different clients so I would assume its similar here^^

When I log in it syncs with my account and pulls my card library from the server. I assume it would do this if I logged into another system/client. I would be interested in a dev. letting us know if accounts will be able to be logged into on both xbox and pc? Interesting question though cibelon

IAxiiYourMother;n7512120 said:
When I log in it syncs with my account and pulls my card library from the server. I assume it would do this if I logged into another system/client. I would be interested in a dev. letting us know if accounts will be able to be logged into on both xbox and pc? Interesting question though cibelon

You need to wait for UWP version. Card library won't be merged.
I have Gwent on Xbox and GOG, there are completely different accounts

Strollin;n7511410 said:
and it seems that those kegs have the same drop ratio like f2p kegs
And they better remain this way, i would really dislike an otherwise p2w 180° turn

Top Bottom