Frame rate/stutter/pop-in issues PS5

+
Just wanted to further remind the developers that the PS5 next-gen version is showing noticeable issues with frame-rate drops, stutters when saving, and weird pop-in/LOD issues with terrain and foliage.

1. The frame rate drops significantly when using Witcher senses in city areas like Novigrad and Oxenfurt.
2. Sometimes the frame rate drops when I'm in a heavily forested area with lots of rain and alpha or particle effects, even without using Witcher senses.
3. There's a huge stutter whenever the game autosaves.
4. The terrain, vegetation, foliage, etc., seem to have pop-in or LOD issues when I traverse the world on foot or on horseback.

Will an upcoming patch fix these technical and performance-related issues?

Just wanted to further remind the developers that the PS5 next-gen version is showing noticeable issues with frame-rate drops, stutters when saving, and weird pop-in/LOD issues with terrain and foliage.

1. The frame rate drops significantly when using Witcher senses in city areas like Novigrad and Oxenfurt.
2. Sometimes the frame rate drops when I'm in a heavily forested area with lots of rain and alpha or particle effects, even without using Witcher senses.
3. There's a huge stutter whenever the game autosaves.
4. The terrain, vegetation, foliage, etc., seem to have pop-in or LOD issues when I traverse the world on foot or on horseback.

Will an upcoming patch fix these technical and performance-related issues?
Good post. i have these same problems on PS5. (digital game) I hope they fix it soon.

This exact same thing happens on Xbox Series X. I am still at White Orchard and the fps already drops in that small settlement, I can only imagine how bad it will run when I reach Novigrad.

For what it's worth, I officially contacted the support team, and all I got was an email saying, "We have no information at this time."

Also, all the issues I'm talking about here occur in the "Performance" mode, which is supposed to deliver butter-smoother 60-FPS gameplay.

More than 20 days after the launch and there's not a single console patch. I wouldn't even bother to reach the CDPR support. Just forget about the game for now. CDPR is always super slow with console patches.

I have checked with the support and they say they are looking into it. Performance is really bad, I made to Oxenfurt and it’s clear it’s running way below 60 fps in crowded areas. It kinda feels like it’s running at 30fps.

I have the same pop in problem on my PS5. Foliage and terrain pops in close to the player in both 30 and 60fps modes. It's not nearly as bad on my XSX. There is a little, but it's hardly noticeable. Foliage is apparently drawn further out on the PS5, though (according to DF). Its really distracting. I'm going to wait for CDPR to patch it, as I'd prefer to play the PS5 version (much better controller)

Last edited:
Its been 4 months since the launch of the next gen version and still no fix for the awful foliage/texture pop in right in front of geralt. I hoped it'd be fixed with the 1st or 2nd patch but no luck... maybe the next patch will address the issue. I had to hold off on my playthrough on ps5 for this reason. There's also the autosave stutter/lag & the occasional skybox flickering. CDPR needs to put more than 5 ppl on this otherwise we'll be waiting a whole year before any of these bugs/issues get looked into.

and that's it? all the discussion? April 7th 2024 now and still I get the grass/foliage popping all over the place
I think at this point they do not care. I have opened tickets and all they say is that they are aware and looking into it. Well, it’s been 4 months and not a single patch or news.

I think at this point they do not care. I have opened tickets and all they say is that they are aware and looking into it. Well, it’s been 4 months and not a single patch or news.
it seems also that too little people care as well. I even noticed the bug in IGN review video, but they did not notice. I have created 4 tickets already, all they said was - thank you for reporting. Very sad. An immersion breaking bug on PS5 but almost nobody care, although if there is like 20 thousand playing online on PC according to Steam, then on PS5 should be few thousands people who play it and just either lucky not to have a bug or ignore it

Top Bottom