Funny Stuff, little secrets, eastereggs...

+
I like how Geralt response how Adda became a striga again.Geralt saids something like : Someone rigged the amulet and put crap on the fire.Note that to prevent the curse was to keep the amulet on at all times and burn a certain weed by her bed chambers at night when she sleeps.DeWett somehow mess with the Amulet and put crap on the fire.

Fabulous thread :) I noticed a few of these things on my first playthrough (only just installed Windows on my Mac).One thing I noticed which didn't seem to be mentioned (did a search as well, apologies if too obvious) is that the Echinops and other related plants seem to resemble Triffids from John Wyndham's book...

mjharper said:
Fabulous thread :) I noticed a few of these things on my first playthrough (only just installed Windows on my Mac).One thing I noticed which didn't seem to be mentioned (did a search as well, apologies if too obvious) is that the Echinops and other related plants seem to resemble Triffids from John Wyndham's book...
Sharp eye ;) good!

Khil said:
Every Polish player will loose bladder control when seeing the name of the fist fight champion in act III. Andrew Gablodda, who talks about "magic hit" that he has taken during one fight, when his career fell, and he has to stay incognito covered in shame . It is based on Andrew Golota, polish boxer, who got knockouted by Mike Tyson by just 53 seconds by one strong hit few years back.
As an ardent boxing fan, I cannot believe I missed this one. Brilliant.

MadBohemian said:
I just noticed the soaring birds in act II so far fly upside down when going away from Geralt and right side up coming to him.
I have the Enhanced Edition, and cannot spot that problem. Probably it was corrected.

here ones that I spotted on my last play when I was in the dungeon after playing the mini game of dies with the Elf just before I hit save button I heard Ditty Apes (just in case some of you younger Witcher are wondering it taken form the first Planet of the Apes movie )

I know the connection between the Sephirot stones in Act II and the Kabbalah has been mentioned both here and in the Wiki, but what struck me is the detail the developers went to in making the connection.The names are cognate, with a bit of stretching: Maal'kad = Malkuth, Veen'ah = Binah, etc.The attributes are the same, Maal'kad = Malkuth = Kingdom, etc.But there's more:The map of the obelisks in the swamp is the same as the Kabbalah Tree of Life, rotated to put the root (Malkuth) near the brickmakers' village and the crown (Keter) at the druids' grove. The remaining eight obelisks are in correct relation.The title of the book "Ain Soph Aur", which decodes the Sephirot, means "Infinite [Eternal, Limitless] Light", which in Kabbalah is the first of the veils between the world, in which time and space have meaning, and the Godhead, which is beyond measure or comprehension.Now it would be all neat and tidy if the Tower was at the position of Da'at, where the ten Sephirot unite, but it isn't. The only landmark close to where Da'at should be is the Golem's Graveyard, and old Stoneface wouldn't be much of a fitting Unification of all ten attributes of the Godhead.

It would be interesting to try to discern whose interpretation of Qabbalah influenced the developers; that might clear up some of the things omitted or inconsistent. One of the Jewish traditions, a syncretist like Pico della Mirandola, a modern occultist like Aleister Crowley, or even a satirical view like Umberto Eco's (Foucault's Pendulum)?

Maybe any of them, maybe they simply synthetized this concept. Anyway there no more than a simple reference n the game and in the journal. They didn't go too deep in the matter. It's more interesting the thing they took from the "Grand Opera", treatise of modern Alchemy, also explained by Kalkstein and the Alchemist of the Laboratory in the Trade Quarter.

the guy who invented the thing exlosves in this world was called alfred something[moderator] [MOD] NO outside Adds this is your only warring [/moderator]

Here's another that seems it has been sitting around in the open for so long; has anybody else noticed?Azar Javed = "Eternal Fire" in Farsi (Azar = fire, Javed = eternal, undying; both are given names in Farsi and Urdu). So the big bad mage's allegiance is hinted at from the start.

GuyN039wah said:
Here's another that seems it has been sitting around in the open for so long; has anybody else noticed?Azar Javed = "Eternal Fire" in Farsi (Azar = fire, Javed = eternal, undying; both are given names in Farsi and Urdu). So the big bad mage's allegiance is hinted at from the start.
Wow! That's good to know :)

GuyN039wah said:
Okay, this to me definitly signed the fact that CDP screenplayers are genius O_O

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
Okay, this to me definitly signed the fact that CDP screenplayers are genius O_O
I'm not quite so sure about this one, but it seems sensible: Azar Javed's henchman, the "Professor" ("Magister" in the original Polish), is an Easter egg of the 14th-c. pirate Magister Wigbold.The only outstanding medieval European criminal I know of who went by the nickname "Magister" was the supposedly Oxford-educated pirate Wigbold ("Magister Wigbold", "Meister der sieben Künste"), who sailed with the legendary Störtebeker. Unfortunately for the Easter egg, Magister Wigbold was known for preferring negotiation to slaughter :)

Biggus said:
Just now realized that count De Vett modeled after ser Tomasz Gop.I am so slow
I had trouble hating DeWett properly, once I saw who he looked like. :) I wish they'd used Mr. Gop's face for a more sympathetic character, like maybe Vincent.

Top Bottom