Game breaking audio bug and a bit of technical support rant!

+
Game breaking audio bug and a bit of technical support rant!

Hello!

First and above all i want to say that i come from video game industry and i know what it takes to create a game at this scale and keep it bug free.. it's madness, it's insanity and i have got a ton of respect for you guys to pull of this monster. Hats off.

Now back to my problem, i have got the GOTY edition of the game and after reaching a certain point on the story (around Crons of Crookback bog) the audio started to play up and it just won't play during the cutscenes or conversations with merchants. considering witcher 3 is at core a very deep game, not being able to listen to the characters during important cutscene is totally game and immersion breaking.

Now i have played this on the normal version in the past and had no problem but it seem to be something related to a recent patch? i have tried restarting the console etc and it comes back every now and then and is totally ruining the experience.

Here comes the rant, i have created a ticket and the person in charge of handling it replies to me appreciating the fact that i contact them...but only that!??? and not even acknowledging this as a critical game breaking problem.literally avoiding the whole thing.

Not having audio during cutscenes in a game like this is not a critical bug for you guys? is there any workaround for this?

Can someone shed some light please?

Few things that comes to mind what you could try. Rebuilding PS4 database is one. If that doesn't help and issue comes back, you can try to enter into your Gwent card collection and back and see if it fixes sounds.

Will do that tonight. thanks, out of curiosity though, is this something happening to others right now? i see a lot of discussions about it but all are from may/june without any fix confirmation or further complains. it's weird.

MajorDirt;n7175810 said:
Hello!

First and above all i want to say that i come from video game industry and i know what it takes to create a game at this scale and keep it bug free.. it's madness, it's insanity and i have got a ton of respect for you guys to pull of this monster. Hats off.

Now back to my problem, i have got the GOTY edition of the game and after reaching a certain point on the story (around Crons of Crookback bog) the audio started to play up and it just won't play during the cutscenes or conversations with merchants. considering witcher 3 is at core a very deep game, not being able to listen to the characters during important cutscene is totally game and immersion breaking.

Now i have played this on the normal version in the past and had no problem but it seem to be something related to a recent patch? i have tried restarting the console etc and it comes back every now and then and is totally ruining the experience.

Here comes the rant, i have created a ticket and the person in charge of handling it replies to me appreciating the fact that i contact them...but only that!??? and not even acknowledging this as a critical game breaking problem.literally avoiding the whole thing.

Not having audio during cutscenes in a game like this is not a critical bug for you guys? is there any workaround for this?

Can someone shed some light please?

Hello, I have this same problem -> it started around the same area -> witch of Crookback bog when going to kill the heart of the three -> couldn't hear the tree, then couldn't hear the three witches telling the story of their encounter with Ciri. The workaround seems to be to go out to the PS4 menu / close app then reopen. But that is a hassle, please fix the audio bug CD Projekt Red

Top Bottom