Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

+

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

• Total voters
@ slimgrin: Funny. I've encountered some of the coolest female gamers through all this. I much prefer the company of laid-back GGers to the lecturing stiffs.

and pee on the seats like the rest of us. Then. And only ONLY then, can they join the patriarchy.

You clearly have never seen the inside of a female public toilet...
The peeing on the seat seems to be mandatory, especially in soccer stadiums.

You clearly have never seen the inside of a female public toilet...
The peeing on the seat seems to be mandatory, especially in soccer stadiums.

Lol true, though I was speaking of in the household rather than in a public restroom. (Not saying I pee on the seat :lol: I'm a deadeye).

I did have a talk with someone about that, once upon a time... apparently they'd rather squat than sit.

And.... sorry that I somehow brought this conversation to urine...

Uh, journalistic corruption sucks! There. Lol.

Which I never understood. Put some toilet paper on the seat and you are good to go. Of course the seat can't be wet for that...

Well, if you squat too high and aren't paying attention...

And that's the last comment I'll make on bathrooms :lol: Of all the things to get off track with, lol. :rofl:

Eurogamer was the last of the big gaming sites that I visited on a daily basis.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-17-we-cannot-let-this-become-gaming-culture

Lol so I assume that ship has sailed? I barely paid attention to gaming sites anyway, so none of it's much of a loss to me. Youtube took over that space a long time ago. That and forums.

I do look at TechRaptor now since this stuff started.

http://techraptor.net/content/second-thoughts-stop-deceiving-consumer

Last edited:
Eurogamer was the last of the big gaming sites that I visited on a daily basis.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-17-we-cannot-let-this-become-gaming-culture

GamerGate moderates created a female mascot, Vivian James, to defend themselves from accusations of sexism. A quick Google image search reveals how well this went.

They're referring to the lewd stuff I assume... are these people this new to the internet? Do they seriously not realize that anyone can take the character and draw them however they please?

It really shouldn't surprise me... we have people claiming gamergate are a bunch of white virgin neckbeards who hate women because some asshole decided to post shit with the GG tag.

They're referring to the lewd stuff I assume... are these people this new to the internet? Do they seriously not realize that anyone can take the character and draw them however they please?

It really shouldn't surprise me... we have people claiming gamergate are a bunch of white virgin neckbeards who hate women because some asshole decided to post shit with the GG tag.

*googles Vivian James*

Sigh. I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. That's what the term rule 34 was made for I guess.

It's inevitable that the big gaming sites cover the stories in such a way... It's the same "bias" that the mainstream media has. It's not that they are in a conspiracy or arent able to get the facts. They purpusedly choose the facts that support a narrative that is simplistic and highlights the outrageus parts, because THAT will atract more attention and generate more views, that is the belief. As an example, Feminism in mainstream media is associated on the whole by the "angry feminist" caricature or (if its a "positive" view), by females being victims. The purpose of the pieces is to stir up emotion and controversy, not to educate or inform.

A thoughtful analysis of gamergate like Erik Kain and other journos are trying to do demands extra work, and demand personal investment.

What the hell is wrong with him? His mummy must have not loved him! :facepalm:

I'd say to that guy: "Get a real job loser! Insulting people for a living is not an occupation!"

I wish someone would try bullying me. I think they'll find 2014's nerds aren't as defenseless as the "glory days".

I wish someone would try bullying me. I think they'll find 2014's nerds aren't as defenseless as the "glory days".

Aye, I'd dare these "journalists" to come out from behind their computer screens to say that shit to my face. Of course, they wouldn't as they're cowards.

Aye, I'd dare these "journalists" to come out from behind their computer screens to say that shit to my face. Of course, they wouldn't as they're cowards.

Sigh, I know. And then if you try combating what they say with debate, they just block you. I'm used to it now, but the way I was raised was to confront people you have a problem with. This is just so pathetic on so many levels. Weasels and worms.

Sigh, I know. And then if you try combating what they say with debate, they just block you. I'm used to it now, but the way I was raised was to confront people you have a problem with. This is just so pathetic on so many levels. Weasels and worms.

There was me thinking that chavs were the lowest form of life, it turns out that journalists are even lower.

Top Bottom