Games that made you cry? [SPOILERS]

+
Hey,
very emotional moments for me, though I didn't cry, were:

- Witcher 3
- When Geralt finds Ciri
- When Ciri faces White Frost
- Whole ending (I had the Ciri-witcher one)

- Cyberpunk 77
- Johny's "memory" of finding dead Alt in the chair
- Whole main story in Chapter 3

So funny story. In 2020 I bought a OLED Sony master class TV. Every game I played in 4k kind of made me cry. It was so glorious, to see such clarity and color reproduction.

[SPOILER ALERT]

Witcher 3

[SPOILER ALERT]

The scene with geralt first found ciri. That had me dropping tears of sadness and joy.

[SPOILER ALERT ENDING]

I never cried in movie or videogame, but I can feel kinda depressed.

Cyberpunk 2077, Mass Effect trilogy and Life is Strange.

The Last of Us also have a difficult scene, when Joel lost his daughter.

Oh, I forgot Detroit Become Human. That was a very hard game, especially the part with the little girl.

The new Lara Croft is also so well done. She feels way more alive and more human than the old Lara Croft. It's a emotional roller coaster aswell.

Last edited:
The new Lara Croft is also so well done. She feels way more alive and more human than the old Lara Croft. It's a emotional roller coaster aswell.
Yep, maybe not "cry", but I was emotional. Especially in the oil refinery :)
(also she's so badass when emerging from water in flames, what a great scene!)

Witcher 3 does it every. single. time I play through a certain quest.

Enderal, Witcher 1, and Tell Me Why are others I can think of.
I need to add Cyberpunk 2077 to my list, because "Happy Together" really caught me off guard. A brilliant piece of writing, but super sad and dark.

Yep, maybe not "cry", but I was emotional. Especially in the oil refinery :)
(also she's so badass when emerging from water in flames, what a great scene!)
Oh, I haven't cried in any game yet, even the other ones I mentioned.

She is badass indeed, but they also made her more "human" compared to the old Lara Croft.

Even though she is a badass character, she is also struggling aswell. Which I personally really like. They did her emotions very well, also the conversations with Jonah are really well done. The acting is top notch.

And therefor I think that Lara Croft deserves a spot in my list.

She is badass indeed, but they also made her more "human" compared to the old Lara Croft.

Even though she is a badass character, she is also struggling aswell. Which I personally really like. They did her emotions very well, also the conversations with Jonah are really well done. The acting is top notch.
Yep, top notch :)
In fact, she's so badass while get out the water and during the fight, that it make the moment when she realize Jonah is alive and falls apart, even more emotional. Loved it :giggle:

Made me crying...no.
But sad for a moment...yes.

Horizon Zero Dawn ending (when Aloy finds Elisabet Sobeck). I'm ready for Forbidden West (will release next year on PCs)

FF XV ending (the main one, not the alternative introduced with episode Ignis). The logo changes and you see why.

NieR Automata.
Endings A -> E (especially C, D and E)

Dragon Age Origins. I killed Leliana once :/
Oops. Reloaded quickly btw.

Tales of Arise: when you reach the end of the quarry to show Dohalim something. And some other times as well (especially about Shionne)

I second Life is Strange as a game that made me cry.
Bioshock infinite and The Last of Us 2 made me emotional but not to the point of crying.
There are probably others, but I cannot remember them.

Teary in a few that I can't remember,
but one I do remember was Naruto Storm 3 in the scene of Minato and Kushina's death, as they protect Naruto as a baby against Kyuubi.

It's surprisingly more dramatic than the anime with the music and additional dialogue.

NHL-94, together with the Blades of steel, these are the immortal legendary games forever! :D

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Final Fantasy VII, X and XV; Bioshock Infinite, Nier Automata, Cyberpunk, Mafia I, telltale the walking dead and every single Life is Strange..

Top Bottom